[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GPS

keggerz

My dad is interested in getting one for his truck...i dont have a clue so who has one or has some info they can add?

How much does he want to spend? Portable or fixed? Does he want traffic reports? Cell phone link? $400-$600 can get a decent one, but maybe not w/ voice. $600-$900 for a good one w/ voice. >$1200 can get one installed in his truck w/ all the gingerbread.

I bought one about 4 years ago. Does a decent job, but you pretty much have to load maps from a PC (it can be programed in the car, but it's tedious), it has very limited memory so large areas (less than 400sq. miles for full street level maps), and it uploads via serial cable (painfully slow).

The one we got w/ my wife's new Accord is tits. On the first input of addresses it almost always picks a good route. When it doesn't you drive your route and it will re-calc. Really cool. It's made by Alpine.

The newer ones work from DVD I believe and a PC is not necessary. look at Garmin, Magellan, Tom-Tom.

2 decent links:

http://cnet.search.com/search?chkpt=astg.c...eviews&tag=srch

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1947033,00.asp

Any other questions, give me a holler. :D

I bought one for my car about a year ago and I totally love it. I have the Garmin one, the one that Yao Ming had a commercial for. I went on tons of college visits and used it to help me get around to the campuses, get gas, and find places to eat. I spent like $600 dollars I think; they aren't cheap and you have to decide how much you want to spend. It is a great tool to have because it will definitely help you some way or another.