[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I've got a fever of 103

Big F'n Dave

Seriously. It's actually 103.4. :D At what point does a high fever become dangerous for adults. Thi9s doughnuts started last night, I tried to play the second rou8nd of my member-guest golf tournament. I made it 15 holes. but bailed out with three to play. It hurt to swing the club. Happy f'n Father's Day to me. :D

Seriously. It's actually 103.4. :D At what point does a high fever become dangerous for adults. Thi9s doughnuts started last night, I tried to play the second rou8nd of my member-guest golf tournament. I made it 15 holes. but bailed out with three to play. It hurt to swing the club. Happy f'n Father's Day to me. :D

Probably take a cold shower/bath and pop some tylenol or something.

Try some cowbell. I hear that helps Bruce Dickenson.

Really though, I don't what temp to worry about but not very long ago I was at 103.2. I was popping tylenol to get it down but it keep going back up for two days.

Try the Tylenol.

Fever temperatures

A fever is a high body temperature. A temperature of up to 102 °F(38.9 °C) can be helpful because it helps the body fight infection. Most healthy children and adults can tolerate a fever as high as 103 °F(39.4 °C) to 104 °F(40 °C) for short periods of time without problems. Children tend to have higher fevers than adults.

The degree of fever may not indicate how serious the illness is. With a minor illness, such as a cold, you may have a temperature, while a very serious infection may cause little or no fever. It is important to look for and evaluate other symptoms along with the fever.

If you are not able to measure your temperature with a thermometer, it is important to look for other symptoms of illness. A fever without other symptoms that lasts 3 to 4 days, comes and goes, and gradually reduces over time is usually not a cause for concern. When you have a fever, you may feel tired, lack energy, and may not eat as much as usual. High fevers are not comfortable, but they rarely cause serious problems.

Oral temperature taken after smoking or drinking a hot fluid may give you a false high temperature reading. After drinking or eating cold foods or fluids, an oral temperature may be falsely low. For information on how to take an accurate temperature, see the topic Body Temperature.

Don't use cold water, use lukewarm water to try to cool your body down. Cold water will just cause you to shiver and be more miserable. Alternate dosing tylenol with advil, 2 hours apart. Try to stay hydrated.

What other symptoms do you have? Vomiting, anything?

Fevers help to kill disease. It's good for you... like phlegm. Don't fight it... embrace your bodies natural defenses.

You don't need medicine ever. You can live a longer healthier life by eating plants that you can find in your back yard. And when we kill a bison... we use the entire animal. No part of it goes to waste.

The real question is, do you do more than dance??

With a fever of 103 you write a song ...

:D:D:D

I was going to say "Quick, call Lou Gramm"....that was better.

Excellent. :D

I appreciate a good joke more than most, but BFD's title already had this joke embedded in it. I think :D

Tub of ice if it gets super high, that's what I do for an extreme fever or if I have a kidney stolen in Vegas :D

Seriously probably not that big a deal If you don't have other serious symptoms such as vomiting and the big "D" for long periods of time. I would just relax and keep hydrated.

i can top your 103 fever and raise it with the kidney stone i had on monday followed by 2 days of fever. only 101 though. lots of lortabs and fluids got me back on track. seriously though, if you've never had one, thank god. i consider myself to have a pretty high pain threshold, this thing brought me to my knees. they say its like giving birth (and to quote forest gump, "i don't know about all that"). if thats the case, all the men need to thank god for that too. simply brutal is all i can say.