[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone in the plastics industry

ChuckB

My girlfriends father has an idea for a product he would like to have manufactured but does not know where to get started as far as a contact in plastics manufacturing. This is only at the idea stage but is considering investing some money in his idea when he gets some more info. If anyone is in the industry or could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

My girlfriends father has an idea for a product he would like to have manufactured but does not know where to get started as far as a contact in plastics manufacturing. This is only at the idea stage but is considering investing some money in his idea when he gets some more info. If anyone is in the industry or could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Are you looking for plastic injection molding companies? Material selection? Prototype?

Are you looking for plastic injection molding companies? Material selection? Prototype?

Wurd. Whatcha lookin' for Chuckie? My company sells to the mold industry, primarily to injection molding companies. I have tons of contacts, but it really depends what you're looking for. Lemme know.

:D

How do they make it so 'rubbery' :D

Latex isn't plastic. Most products are made of either PVC or ABS, depending on hardness level (durometer) needed. Example:Action figures need a little flex so they tend to be mostly PVC. The body, windshields and headlights on toy cars need to be harder (and clear) so they tend to be ABS. They make football helmets out of ABS as well.

Sometimes polystyrene is used for it's lightweight properties, but it is fragile.

The most interesting thing I found out about plastics injection molding is they don't use heat to liquify the beads, they use pressure.

Hugh, I would like some contacts too. I have product designs for several products, but have never gotten of the stick for prototyping/cost estimating.

If anyone know an EE that wants prototyping work, let me know I have a couple of electronic gadgets I would like made....

:D

Edited by cre8tiff

UMass Lowell has a plastics Engineering department. I don't have any contacts there, but you might be able to get some work done on the cheap there.

yes i know 2

Chuck,

I have a few contacts in my city. Big injection molding town and mold making. My primary contact is into marketing plastic housewares. I have a secondary contact that works with the medical industry designing molds.

Send or post more info if interested.

Chuck,

I have a few contacts in my city. Big injection molding town and mold making. My primary contact is into marketing plastic housewares. I have a secondary contact that works with the medical industry designing molds.

Send or post more info if interested.

We import and re-sell high speed milling machines, used primarily in the die-mold industry. Know anyone that might have use for that type of equipment?