[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What's Your Home Phone Bill Run a Month ?

nuke'em ttg

The question I have is why would anyone have a landline home phone....

Well, cuz I don't own a cell phone

Never owned a cell phone and I really don't want one, people being able to get a hold

of me anytime, anywhere......no way

I just don't like the idea of having an antenna stuck up my :D 24/7

Oh , my phone bill is about $50 a month which includes DSL

Never owned a cell phone and I really don't want one, people being able to get a hold

of me anytime, anywhere......no way

I get a little tricky sometimes. I don't answer the phone.

I pay about $55 a month with unlimited long distance. We keep the line if we want to order PPV on directtv, that is about the only reason. We are also in "extended network" on our verizon cell phones in Hagerstown MD because 1 guy owns the tower and leases it to all of the cell phone companies and the recpection isn't all that great.

this old dude i know ( over 44 :D ) has a tan/yellow DIAL phone hangin on the wall next to the breakfast table .......said it was white when he got it ... :D ...dude smokes non filtered Lucky Strikes...he's 83 and knows no pain.......

$59 / month with unlimited long distance.

Just because cell phone coverage is spotty (have to walk around the deck to find a good signal and it still cuts out) :D

The house was built before cable or DSL and it would be too costly to run a line up from the road (approx. 1 mile ... yes we do live in the "sticks") :D

And it's the only way to get internet thru dial-up (that's why I usually only access it thru work during the week) :D

I think i recall Atomic being pissed when he got TIVO a couple years ago because he didnt have a landline and he needed one for TIVO....or so i think that was the issue...

Not so much the TiVo... but DirecTV. They used to claim up and down that the system required a phone line in order to get program guide data... which was a blatant lie. I had no phone line attached to it for over a year, and I still had accurate guide data. They just perpetuated this lie for some reason despite the fact that they knew it wasn't true.

Thankfully... I called DTV recently to inquire about what deals they had going on. They didn't have any good deals, and I told them that Dish was a lot cheaper, so I'd probably go with them. The sales guy said, "Yeah... but Dish requires a phone line! We don't!". So, apparently, they have changed their tune.

I dropped Verizon over a year ago who was charging me about 62-67 per month for the phone and got the Att Callvantage unlimited plan for 29.99 per mo with taxes its 32.00 per mo for unlimited phone calls across the country. The VOIP box they shipped came to me programmed so all i needed to do is hook it up.

Very painless and i havent noticed a difference between the land line and the VOIP, if anything the VOIP sounds clearer.

I tried Vonage but like the ATT service better