[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

fast pitch softball players

frenzal rhomb

I was inviolved in a game the other night where the umps threw out the opposing pitcher after the final out of the game. My question is

Can a player be ejected after the game????

This would mean an additional two game suspension. We are largely governed by ASA but I can't find anything.

I was inviolved in a game the other night where the umps threw out the opposing pitcher after the final out of the game. My question is

Can a player be ejected after the game????

This would mean an additional two game suspension. We are largely governed by ASA but I can't find anything.

jeepers never herd of that.. were nafa now asa is for slowpitch nancy boys , in nafa it would be 2 games

What did he do to get thrown out.... that's a new one to me.

Once the game is over, I don't see how the ump has any authority... though if the player was abusive towards the ump the ump and league may have an argument fo the suspension.

Being abusive to the umpires. Foul language. Whining about the strike zone. Plus he intentionally drilled me with a fast ball which got him his warning initially.

Being abusive to the umpires. Foul language. Whining about the strike zone. Plus he intentionally drilled me with a fast ball which got him his warning initially.

they should have jerked him earlier but if he got out of hand at the end of the game i guess they could do it

they should have jerked him earlier but if he got out of hand at the end of the game i guess they could do it

To get slightly more detailed, after getting warned for throwing at me, he became verbally abusive to the umps. After the last out was recorded, he began berating them with language not permitted on this board about the quality of game they called.

But I guess my question still isn't answered, can a player be tossed after a game is over. I would imagine they would have to be able to do that because this opens the door for any manner of bad behavior before and after the game. Steeler/ Cleveland incident (I think).

To get slightly more detailed, after getting warned for throwing at me, he became verbally abusive to the umps. After the last out was recorded, he began berating them with language not permitted on this board about the quality of game they called.

But I guess my question still isn't answered, can a player be tossed after a game is over. I would imagine they would have to be able to do that because this opens the door for any manner of bad behavior before and after the game. Steeler/ Cleveland incident (I think).

yup i think as long as u are on the field or in the ball park they can do it... ive seen people tossed at nationals that were in the stands .

I think ASA rules say he will be suspended now for 2 games.

Were you crowding the plate? :D

I've seen it happen before after a game and it resulted in a 2 game suspension. We made him buy the beer, too, after he calmed down.

Were you crowding the plate? :D

I've seen it happen before after a game and it resulted in a 2 game suspension. We made him buy the beer, too, after he calmed down.

No, I used to be on this guys team and I knew it was coming. Even said to the ump he's gonna hit me. First pitch high and tight, got out of theway. Next one rode in and got me in the hamstring.

No, I used to be on this guys team and I knew it was coming. Even said to the ump he's gonna hit me. First pitch high and tight, got out of theway. Next one rode in and got me in the hamstring.

next time take a big cut and let the bat "slip" out of youre hands

You know, I used to think like that. I always said, if hes going to chuck a projectile at me, why not fire one back. Then my buddy said, what if you kill him and I kinda went "oh yeah".

You know, I used to think like that. I always said, if hes going to chuck a projectile at me, why not fire one back. Then my buddy said, what if you kill him and I kinda went "oh yeah".

not that i would ever do it but i ve seen alot more guys knocked out buy balls to the head than bats... ive had both :D

not that i would ever do it but i ve seen alot more guys knocked out buy balls to the head than bats... ive had both :D

Oh I more than hear you. Nothing more kitty cat than throwing a 70 plus mph heater at someone and expecting your teamates to get your back. If he'd have come at my head a second time, it may have been a fight, but since he hit me near the ass, took my base. First baseman asked if I was ok, I simply said, he doesn't throw hard enough to hurt anyone.

PS - I have a huge welt on my leg.

Reminds me of what "almost" happened to me. I had already hit two home runs in the game and came up with the tying runs on in the bottom of the 9th. They pitched me some nancygirl crap and I lost my composure. Popped up on the infield. Was so mad I swung the bat at the player about to catch the ball (he was between the pitchers mound and third base) but thought better of it at the last instant and held onto the handle long enough to let my bat fly over the third base dugout instead.

In slow motion that bat whirlybirded straight through a church bus windshield parked on the lot beside the field. Cost me $100 but at least I didn't kill Jimmy Doofus Alexander.

Reminds me of what "almost" happened to me. I had already hit two home runs in the game and came up with the tying runs on in the bottom of the 9th. They pitched me some nancygirl crap and I lost my composure. Popped up on the infield. Was so mad I swung the bat at the player about to catch the ball (he was between the pitchers mound and third base) but thought better of it at the last instant and held onto the handle long enough to let my bat fly over the third base dugout instead.

In slow motion that bat whirlybirded straight through a church bus windshield parked on the lot beside the field. Cost me $100 but at least I didn't kill Jimmy Doofus Alexander.

In a church league? :D

you ladies need to step up & play hard ball. :D

As for the rules on the post game ejection.... as some of you know I'm a baseball umpire - high school & CC level.... just got home from a game as I type this.... I do about 150-175 games from march to october & i've seen everything.. believe me. :D

At any rate... to anwser your question ( in baseball anyway)... YES you can have a post game EJ and I personally have done it this year myself.

" the umpires take control of the game when the lineup sheets are handed to them @ the pre-game...... and he relinquishes control when he officially leaves the field of play.... not after the last out. Plenty of $h!t can happen on the final play of a game.... including abuse but also altercations that may happen... like say a play @ the plate where the final out of the game is made." fight between players, etc.

I think the terminology "throw out of game" is in error as the game is over.

Now they could probably suspend him for "bad conduct" or something like threatning.

Glad to hear fast pitch is still around.

Edited by jackshi17

I won't debate the merits of each game with you but having played both hardball and fast pitch softball, I have to say that Fastpitch softball is by far the quicker and more fun game. 60 foot bases, bunting stealing etc. Guys throw in the area of 70+ MPH but from 46 feet as opposed to 60,6.

hard ball is to slow.... way to slow.. try 90 miles an hour 20 feet closer with the ball going up :D

i love when baseball players come to the plate and i tell the pitcher to throw a rise ball and they swing at three and miss three :D