[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Switzerland - Korea, France - Togo

Hugh 0ne

Switzerland's goal was beautiful--and Frei should have added another one just before half, but blew it.

The Swiss are very lucky to have held Korea scoreless because the Swiss defense is making a ton of mistakes.

Also, how in the world France hasn't been able to score on Togo is beyond me.

The round of 16 is all set....

Germany vs. Sweden

Argentina vs. Mexico

Portugal vs. Holland

England vs. Ecuador

Italy vs. Australia

Switzerland vs. Ukraine

Brazil vs. Ghana

Spain vs. a sheep, I mean, France

Germany gets a decent draw here as Sweden is not as good as they've been in the past, IMO.

Argentina gets a decent draw, too. They're playing great soccer and Mexico is spotty.

Portugal vs. Holland should be a great match, but Portugal is super hot and Holland was ho-hum in first round.

England, like Holland, has been unimpressive and Ecuador has been hot. Interesting match.

Italy should cruise by the Aussies.

Switzerland vs. Ukraine seems like the most boring of matchup and between two of the lesser teams, IMO. But the Swiss look alright and will get by the Ukranians.

Brazil will whoop up on Ghana.

Spain vs. France will be a great match. Spain's hot, but France has talent all over the field.

Edited by darin3

Germany gets a decent draw here as Sweden is not as good as they've been in the past, IMO. Agree

Argentina gets a decent draw, too. They're playing great soccer and Mexico is spotty. Argentina 4-0

Portugal vs. Holland should be a great match, but Portugal is super hot and Holland was ho-hum in first round. Would love to see Portugal win this great match-up

England, like Holland, has been unimpressive and Ecuador has been hot. Interesting match. agree

Italy should cruise by the Aussies. not even close here

Switzerland vs. Ukraine seems like the most boring of matchup and between two of the lesser teams, IMO. But the Swiss look alright and will get by the Ukranians. meh

Brazil will whoop up on Ghana. could be interesting game but Ghana cannot win

Spain vs. France will be a great match. Spain's hot, but France has talent all over the field. Spain better win

good analysis Darin

Edited by alexgaddis

I knew that some of the lesser African teams had qualified due to some bad luck/unexpected results by some of the better teams, but just as Cote D'Ivoire unexcpectedly impressed me to no end (by far the most talented team not to make the next round after the czech republic) togo really did not deserve to be in the 32.

My first time seeing them play, and it was unimpressive. The french dominated, and were only kept scoreless early by some bad luck/lack of finishing/INCREDIBLE goal keeping.

Sagnol who is a relative newcomer in the backfield I find truly impressive. Riberry who should have been shot after the switzerland match showed once again that he has some great skills, but has no idea what to do with them on a pitch. Trezeguet and Henry could be the most potent striker duo in this cup if they get the support they should from the midfield.

On paper Spain shoule win the match, but at this point of the competition, it's a wide open field

The ref, who was the same as the US-italy match missed a few, but at the end of the day, it's like American football: the better team should win regardless of the ref. Or put another way, does the US really want to become the Seattle Seahawks of the World cup? :D

absolutely--it really doesn't surprise me that the Swiss won the group, they played quite well against France in the qualifying rounds

1st place in this group is indeed a huge difference.

Though I am not surprised that switzerland is through, I am surprised that they end up first of the group.

Well done :D