[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joseph Addai is this year's JJ Arrington

Otis

That is because the 85 Bears offense was not a great offense. this Colts teams is.

That Bears team ran for 2700+ yds at 4.5 a pop. While they might not have been a "great" offense, they could ram it down people's throats about as good as any team ever.

That Bears team ran for 2700+ yds at 4.5 a pop. While they might not have been a "great" offense, they could ram it down people's throats about as good as any team ever.

McMahon to Gault was a pretty effective play action option too.

:D

I like the reasons you gave for this guess.

What kind of dartboard do you use?

His college success was based purely on outside speed. If you take a look at his highlight reels, he exhibits little vision and shiftiness. He's fast, as he showed in the combine, don't know that his speed to the outside is really going to help him be successful on the next level.

He's got good hands and can block... maybe third-down back material.

Edited by Yobonk

Arrington and Addai could put up numbers in the colts offense... The colts offensive line is great, they have one the all time greats at quarterback, another hof'er in Harrison, plus Wayne, Stokley, and there TE's... A superior offense makes any runningback look decent.

Arrington is undersized, match that with a horrific o-line, he didnt have a chance last year. He's still young, and now he gets a mentor in Edge.

Addai will get to play with an amazing team, and not be thrown in the fire. I've read that Rhoades and he will share the load. Thank you for your insight on this one though. Great post.

I also think if Addai hadnt of gotten hurt at the start of the season, he would have been the second runningback taken off the boards...

What if Addai hadn't blown an ACL and 2 MCLs?

What if Maroney didn't hurt his hammy?

What if Williams didn't break his leg?

What if White didn't hurt his hammy?

Heck, if White didn't hurt his hammy, he was a top 10-15 over-all pick. If he had run even a mediocre 40 time, he was guaranteed to be the 2nd RB off the board.

Addai was only a first round pick because the Colts couldn't wait until the end of the 2nd round to get a decent RB (Calhoun/Norwood?). The Colts were forced into the pick.. they didn't "hesitate" on the pick because he was their only option left of the RBs that fit their offensive scheme (Maroney/Williams/Addai). They are in a "win now" cycle, they lost Edge, Harrison is getting up there in years, and they'll soon feel the pressures of contracts/free agency biting at their heels.

The window of opportunity closes fast in the NFL.

Addai = right place, right time. Hope 2006 is good for him. I don't expect to hear much from him by 2008.

Will admit that Addai reminds me more of the Fargas scenario, not Arrington's.

Even posted it before the NFL draft (while debating the Indy RB situation):

Maroney doesn't fit Indy's system well.

Addai fits their offense better than Maroney, but he's more likely to be a workout warrior / combine riser like Justin Fargas. If Drew wasn't so short, he'd be the ideal RB for Indy.

Edited by Riffraff

I also think if Addai hadnt of gotten hurt at the start of the season, he would have been the second runningback taken off the boards...

I am hoping for Addai's success since I drafted him number 2 in 1 of my leagues. but the fact that there was rumours of the Colts looking for another back AFTER drafting me has me worried that they are not sure about him.

I agree with this assessment...you don't need a point...I agreed before clicking and was curious what your point was...

but I have the same gut feeling....no clue why...

I'm in the same category as Av here. Can't put my finger on it, but there's just something that doesn't feel right about Addai & the Colts. But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong so it wouldn't stop me from taking him high in a dynasty draft.

What if Addai hadn't blown an ACL and 2 MCLs?

What if Maroney didn't hurt his hammy?

What if Williams didn't break his leg?

What if White didn't hurt his hammy?

Heck, if White didn't hurt his hammy, he was a top 10-15 over-all pick. If he had run even a mediocre 40 time, he was guaranteed to be the 2nd RB off the board.

Addai was only a first round pick because the Colts couldn't wait until the end of the 2nd round to get a decent RB (Calhoun/Norwood?). The Colts were forced into the pick.. they didn't "hesitate" on the pick because he was their only option left of the RBs that fit their offensive scheme (Maroney/Williams/Addai). They are in a "win now" cycle, they lost Edge, Harrison is getting up there in years, and they'll soon feel the pressures of contracts/free agency biting at their heels.

The window of opportunity closes fast in the NFL.

Addai = right place, right time. Hope 2006 is good for him. I don't expect to hear much from him by 2008.

That's what I call some good FF insight. :D

When faced with the 4 in one of my dynasty drafts I went with Maroney. Of the 4 I think he found the best fit for his style of play & the Pats would look to use him the same way they have used Dillon. He may or may not be the top 3 superstud everybody in fantasy drafts hopes for, but I can see him being a consistant top 5 prospect year in & year out.

Williams I like a lot as well, but I can never see him as an every down back. I think throughout his career he will always be playing 2nd fiddle at the goal line. Much like the backs that he is compared to, Dunn & Westbrook.

White makes a good prospect as well & has found a good fit. But until I see him knock out a couple of 100 yd games in the NFL I'll continue to feel like he may have benefitted more off Reggie Bush & the USC offensive line than the other way around. Who knows, he may be the next Eddie George...but those questions combined with the downward spiral the Titans offense is in makes me very wary of putting too much expectation on him.

Addai, I believe, will likely do a bit better than Arrington did simply because of Indy's offense and I'm sure that will cause many magazine fans to jump on him early this year & next. But, if my hunch is right, it'll be the little things like missing assignments, the little nuances that are so important for the Colts offense to work properly (those same things that made Edge so invaluable to them), that will end up being the downfall for Addai. I seriously doubt either him or Rhodes will be the long term answer for the Colts & I agree with Riff, in a few years he won't be their starter. I still say they should have traded for Thomas Jones, I think they would have gotten much farther with a solid vet who fits their system than a rookie. But I don't think they expected the draft to fall the way it did.