[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Italy vs. Australia

wiegie

I think Del Piero will put the Italians ahead 1-0...and they will play Italian defense to win by that score...

Totti just came on for Del Piero...maybe his fresh legs will score the goal...

Italy wants to score before the OT period as they will be a man down and Australia has all three subs left...

they haven't shown enough replays of it on the official world cup feed for me to see if it was truly deserved or not.

But, my first thoughts say: yes, it was deserved as had the foul not been committed the Italian player would have had clear a shot on goal--but I'd have to see it again.

A pk in the 93rd minute of the elimination round of the WC???? Was it deserved because that is one hell of a gutsy call by the official.

Gutsy call, IMO.

so italy wins on a dive?? :D

Eh, kinda sorta. Aussie made a legal tackle but appeared to obstruct the Italian after the tackle play was pretty much done.

they haven't shown enough replays of it on the official world cup feed for me to see if it was truly deserved or not.

But, my first thoughts say: yes, it was deserved as had the foul not been committed the Italian player would have had clear a shot on goal--but I'd have to see it again.

All the announcers seem to think it was.

All the announcers seem to think it was.

No offense to ESPN, but you guys get the American announcers and from what I saw on the weekend while I was in the US, they're brutal. We get the BBC coverage which means British announcers who seem to know a bit more of what's going on.