[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Draft Position

49erAddict-08

Best Draft Position  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is the Best Draft Position this year in a 10 team league?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th

I don't think it makes a huge difference. I picked 10th last year and won everything, and thus will pick 10th again. I couldn't be happier, I love the 2 picks in a row. Although the long waits can suck, and if there is a run on a certain position, you're screwed. Middle of the draft is safer. If you're leaning toward top 3, I would pick 1st and take LJ.

Top 3 is where it is at this year. I lean to 3 as then you dont have to make the tough choice of which one of the big 3 RBs to take, and you get a slightly better 2nd round pick.

+1 ... plus with all the hub-bub over LJ and LT's continued hype (deservedly so on both accounts), there's a great chance you'll land Alexander, who may out-produce both of those guys and perhaps the entire league. And yeah you'll get a better 2nd rounder and are less susceptible to missing out when "runs" happen, being closer to the middle of the draft than to the swings.

Edited by darin3

because it's 10 teams.....if you draft 1st, you still get 2 quality players in the 2nd and 3rd....

you get to pick 4 spots higher than you would should there be 12 teams....this actually has a strong trickle effect for any LJ or LT2 owners...

Personally, I'm a fan of the position which allows you to draft the players that will score you the most points week in and week out.

I don't know why this isn't an option.....this is the bible quote to fantasy guidelines...

I don't know why this isn't an option.....this is the bible quote to fantasy guidelines...

I was being flippant because I don't understand the hubub over draft position. Of course you want one near the top to secure the best talent in the first round.

However, the championship is won in the 2nd and 3rd and 4th Rounds, and so on getting the right mix of players for value and production. And draft position has no bearing on that stuff.

I was being flippant because I don't understand the hubub over draft position. Of course you want one near the top to secure the best talent in the first round.

However, the championship is won in the 2nd and 3rd and 4th Rounds, and so on getting the right mix of players for value and production. And draft position has no bearing on that stuff.

each year similar players fall into tiers or buckets. selecting the first player out of each bucket is expensive. selecting the last player from a bucket is value. you want the draft postion that allows you to select the most valuable pics.

using my logic the first pick is the most expensive and it only good when your 2nd and 3rd pics yield great value.

Of course draft position doesn't matter too much. You can win from any position. However, as long as I have a choice of where I get to pick, I might as well make the most of it.

Of course draft position doesn't matter too much. You can win from any position. However, as long as I have a choice of where I get to pick, I might as well make the most of it.

Then why not just pick #1?

I personally prefer to be one or two spots from either end. 12 teams that would be #2,#3,#11, or #10. My theory is this.. If you pick near the end with a serpentine draft you can sometimes use what the person ahead of you has already done to make a smarter move.

For example if you are picking #2 and the dude with #1 pick picks a QB in round 2 and you did not pick a QB yet and it is round 4 you can let QB go buy and hopefully still a quality player that #1 is looking at because he will not pick a backup QB that early and you will still get your guy in round 5. It has worked out well in the past.

I personally prefer to be one or two spots from either end. 12 teams that would be #2,#3,#11, or #10. My theory is this.. If you pick near the end with a serpentine draft you can sometimes use what the person ahead of you has already done to make a smarter move.

For example if you are picking #2 and the dude with #1 pick picks a QB in round 2 and you did not pick a QB yet and it is round 4 you can let QB go buy and hopefully still a quality player that #1 is looking at because he will not pick a backup QB that early and you will still get your guy in round 5. It has worked out well in the past.

yep

3 is a nice place to be this year. you are guaranteed one of the big 3 and then you get the first pick coming back. overall, however, i had to vote #1. nothing like being assured of your top pick and then to have two more on the board when it comes back around.