[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Draft is tonight!

Swampnuts

I'm actually gonna tune in tonight to watch. I'm totally in the dark about who the Bobcats are going to pick with Jordan at the helm. I'm really hoping for Adam Morrison, but I have a feeling it's going to be Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy.

Anybody else out there even care about the draft? Who do you want your team to take?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to see how uncomfortable Adam Morrison looks in a suit as well as who screws up royally by taking my boy Ronnie Brewer too early.

On a serious note, although there's not as much talent in this draft as in the past five years or so, there is the potential for some fairly significant trades to go down. I'd be watching regardless.

D3- I figured you may be one of the few to join me in this! Is all going well with you after your surgery?

Still a little sore :D - thanks for asking though.

I think your Bobcats are going to go for Gay. He has a ton of talent. What his issue seems to be is motivation and getting "lost" during the game. With MJ now in charge of personnel in Charlotte, I can guarantee you he will be in his jock strap :D and will get the best out of Gay.

First pick is probably the Italian. Toronto is pretty good up front with Bosh and Villanueva, but they'll take a chance on Bargnani. No guards are really worth the first pick, I'm guessing they got no good trade offers, and Thomas is a bit too raw.

Second pick will be Thomas, though. The Bulls think that he is NOT Tyson Chandler. I don't know if I agree. :D

Third is Gay.

Fourth is going to be Morrison, keeping him in the Pacific NW.

Atlanta is going to take ANOTHER forward in LaMarcus Aldridge with the fifth pick. :D

Perhaps more later.......

I'm interested to see if Toronto really takes the Italian kid, or if it's all a smoke screen. I also want to witness the JJ Redick free-fall.

It's really looking like the Raptors are going to take Bargnini. Especially since they have hired on the GM of his Italian squad as their assistant GM.

I also imagine Redick is falling fast with the news of his back problems--that and the fact that he will suck.

It's really looking like the Raptors are going to take Bargnini. Especially since they have hired on the GM of his Italian squad as their assistant GM.

I also imagine Redick is falling fast with the news of his back problems--that and the fact that he will suck.

Good point on Bargnani.

Don't forget about Redick's DUI and the fact that, well, he went to Duke.

I think your Bobcats are going to go for Gay. He has a ton of talent. What his issue seems to be is motivation and getting "lost" during the game. With MJ now in charge of personnel in Charlotte, I can guarantee you he will be in his jock strap :D and will get the best out of Gay.

First pick is probably the Italian. Toronto is pretty good up front with Bosh and Villanueva, but they'll take a chance on Bargnani. No guards are really worth the first pick, I'm guessing they got no good trade offers, and Thomas is a bit too raw.

Second pick will be Thomas, though. The Bulls think that he is NOT Tyson Chandler. I don't know if I agree. :D

Third is Gay.

Atlanta is going to take ANOTHER forward in LaMarcus Aldridge with the fifth pick. :D

I think the Bobcats may go with Brandon Roy. With all of the questions around Gay, they should, IMO, but Jordan seems to like the "potential" guys. See Brown, Kwame. I've also heard that the Hawks have flat out promised Sheldon "Unfrozen Caveman Center" Williams that they would take him at five. I'll try to find the link on that....

I'm actually gonna tune in tonight to watch. I'm totally in the dark about who the Bobcats are going to pick with Jordan at the helm. I'm really hoping for Adam Morrison, but I have a feeling it's going to be Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy.

Anybody else out there even care about the draft? Who do you want your team to take?

Only if it's as exciting as the NHL draft was!! :D

What a waste of valuable television time.

:D

I haven't missed an NBA draft in 20 years. :D

I really enjoy it.

Same here love it. This year is great b/c so many scenarios, alot players can go anywhere 1-5, and 7-20 range, trades may go down, and we got 2 Washingtonians that look to go in the top 5!.

i'm usually pretty interested and informed leading up to the nba draft. but this year's is a VERY weak draft, and the nuggets don't have a pick. so put those two facts together...and i haven't paid much attention at all this year. i'll probably watch some on the tube tonight, though.

i'm usually pretty interested and informed leading up to the nba draft. but this year's is a VERY weak draft

+1

I am interested to see who the wolves get but I will know nothing about him...

Also, I don't get the Adam Morrison thing...I see him being a serviceable pro at best...

Still a little sore :D - thanks for asking though.

Third is Gay.

:D That sounds a little scary.... NTTAWWT, of course.

aside from the bulls, i will be real interested in the 76rs with AI, there are a lot of teams involved in trades rumors about this.

I wonder if a Garnett trade will take place. i have a feeling there will be a lot of trades on this june the 28th of 2006.

and what will happen with Shawn Marion?

and i cant wait to see how the knickerbockers will make themselves a worst team agian. I think isiah thomas is taking this bad boys of basketball to literally.

As a T-wolves fan who wants to see the franchise move forward, I would welcome a Garnett trade...I want to see him win a championship someday and it ain't gonna be in Minnie (at least in the next two years)...we need to start over and get rid of our "superstar" who despite being a top 5 player in the league, cannot take over a game in the fourth quarter...he needs a Wade type to ever win a championship...

i'm usually pretty interested and informed leading up to the nba draft. but this year's is a VERY weak draft, and the nuggets don't have a pick. so put those two facts together...and i haven't paid much attention at all this year. i'll probably watch some on the tube tonight, though.

you may see Kenyon Martin shipped out today in some kind of trade.

It's just not the same with these youngsters coming out although not as many this year plus this year seems a bit weaker then normal.

80's and 90's the NBA draft was must watch TV but not so sure now. Even 03 with Lebron, Carmelo, and DWade was intriguing and of course who would the Pistons take at #2 :D

You guys think if the big fella from Lawrence North, Indiana could have and would have come out he would be the #1 pick or would it be a toss up between him and the Italian?