[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Sunday Ticket

Royal 88s

Direct TV has the Sunday Ticket until 2010. The contract was supposed to expire after the 2006 season but Directv and the NFL extended the contract until 2010. Below is a link confirming the extension.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA480250.html

While I like DTV I think it would have been better for us and the league to have multiple sources for Sunday Ticket. The NFL eliminted competition and I don't think that's a good thing.

While I like DTV I think it would have been better for us and the league to have multiple sources for Sunday Ticket. The NFL eliminted competition and I don't think that's a good thing.

I completely agree. I never understood why the NFL didn't let Directv and the Dish Network pay their fees to both carry Sunday Ticket. You would think the $ hungry NFL would go for "the more the merrier approach.

I completely agree. I never understood why the NFL didn't let Directv and the Dish Network pay their fees to both carry Sunday Ticket. You would think the $ hungry NFL would go for "the more the merrier approach.

Unfortunately for many, NFL Sunday Ticket would lose much of its value to the NFL and DirecTV if they gave up the exclusive. DirecTV pays a heavy premium to keep the NFL Sunday Ticket exclusive so that customers will have to have DirecTV service to get the Ticket. If multiple providers offered Sunday Ticket, the NFL could not get the same amount of money from the package. If this were not so, do you think the NFL would have extended the exclusive contract? They know how much the package is worth both as an exclusive and a non-exclusive.

What are your thoughts on the Super Fan option? I have heard good things from one coworker, but it seems a little pricey. I love the idea of the Red Zone channel, but a lot of websites have a similar function. I bought the ticket for the first time this year and may consider the Super Fan if it is worth it ($99.00).

Edited by Pitbull739

What are your thoughts on the Super Fan option? I have heard good things from one coworker, but it seems a little pricey. I love the idea of the Red Zone channel, but a lot of websites have a similar function. I bought the ticket for the first time this year and may consider the Super Fan if it is worth it ($99.00).

SuperFan is required if you want to the games in HD. I found that I did not use many of the other features. Last year the Red Zone channel only had FOX games on it. I had once heard that CBS would be included this year, but I believe that to be untrue (not positive though). I did find it interesting to watch some of the "Short Cuts" where they showed every play in 30 minutes. I also would usually keep the GameMix channel on a smaller TV while I flipped around games on my HDTV. It allowed me to see where I wanted to go. I got SuperFan for free last year by complaining about $99 to watch HD games I was already paying for. Some have gotten a $50 or $99 discount on SuperFan this year.

I would NOT get SuperFan if I did not have an HDTV, however.

Edited by Nate Dawg

I too bitched last season about the cost of SuperFan. I told them they should have offered a free trial year before charging to see if people like it. My main excuse was that I had a small television and I wasn't sure if I could see the "Game Mix" channel good since there were 8 little screens on my TV. They gave it to me for free. Not sure if you will get the same luxury because I've been an NFL Ticket subscriber for years and I used the "loyal, returning customer" complaint and it worked. HOOK, LINE, SINKER

The Game Mix option is sweet though I will admit but the bigger the TV the better for the reason I stated above. You can highlight one of the 8 TV screens and get sound for that game but still watch 7 others on the same screen.

I too bitched last season about the cost of SuperFan. I told them they should have offered a free trial year before charging to see if people like it. My main excuse was that I had a small television and I wasn't sure if I could see the "Game Mix" channel good since there were 8 little screens on my TV. They gave it to me for free. Not sure if you will get the same luxury because I've been an NFL Ticket subscriber for years and I used the "loyal, returning customer" complaint and it worked. HOOK, LINE, SINKER

The Game Mix option is sweet though I will admit but the bigger the TV the better for the reason I stated above. You can highlight one of the 8 TV screens and get sound for that game but still watch 7 others on the same screen.

Wow! I think I will try that.

The only feature of Super Fan I really like are the game recaps where they cut everything out except the whistle to whistle action and show an entire game in a half hour, very cool. I contacted DTV about purchasing the game recap feature ala-carte. But, no dice, its an all or nothing package. My TV's are on the small side so the Game Mix feature is not practical. However, if I had a big screen TV, I'd probably breakdown and buy it.

Unfortunately for many, NFL Sunday Ticket would lose much of its value to the NFL and DirecTV if they gave up the exclusive. DirecTV pays a heavy premium to keep the NFL Sunday Ticket exclusive so that customers will have to have DirecTV service to get the Ticket. If multiple providers offered Sunday Ticket, the NFL could not get the same amount of money from the package. If this were not so, do you think the NFL would have extended the exclusive contract? They know how much the package is worth both as an exclusive and a non-exclusive.

I don't agree. I think they could set their prices and cable, Dish and DTV paying would equal what DTV pays them. There are many fans who would pay if it were a cable option who don't want a dish.

I've had NFL direct ticket for 4 years now. I am canceling it for this season. The price has gotten way our of control and when you are watching multiple games (flipping back from one and another) you see more commercials than game.

When I first started getting it it was like $179 now it's over $200 and not worth the price IMHO. I'd find myself watching one game and using NFL.com live scoring tracker to follow the other games.

Unless you are setting up multiple tvs in your house to watch games this just isn't worth it.

last year was the first year i subscribed to sunday ticket. i didn't get the superfan package. this summer i'm planning on getting an hdtv, so when my sunday ticket automatically renewed, i called directv customer retention. i said i had seen some promotion online that said early sunday ticket subscribers get superfan for free. she said something about that being for new subscribers, but she went ahead and gave me the free upgrade anyway, with no hassle. so if you don't have superfan but you've been a sunday ticket subscriber, it's worth calling.

When I first started getting it it was like $179 now it's over $200 and not worth the price IMHO. I'd find myself watching one game and using NFL.com live scoring tracker to follow the other games.

Extra $30, we now have NFL Network, extra game on turkey day and 50+ preseason games for $1.75/week for the 17 week season?

$1.75 a week puts it out of reach? Only if you're a cheapass football fan wannabe, lemme guess, you love the The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY too?

I've had NFL direct ticket for 4 years now. I am canceling it for this season. The price has gotten way our of control and when you are watching multiple games (flipping back from one and another) you see more commercials than game.

Unless you are setting up multiple tvs in your house to watch games this just isn't worth it.

I totally agree that to really get your money out of Sunday Ticket you need more than one TV set up so you can view multiple games. I have been setting up two TV's during football season for 4 years now and I watch my world champion Steelers on one TV and the game with the most fantasy implications for me on the other. I am just finishing the construction of an addition on my house and the new upstairs den/TV room will be my new football watching spot. I made sure to run two TV cables up to where the entertainment center will be so I am good to go for the two TV hook=up. You can either look at that as being smart :D , obsessed :D , or both :D .