[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Look out Dallas

twiley

Our annual draft is July 28th-31st in Dallas and I need some information on bars and places to eat. We get in on Thursday, Friday is golf and the draft is Saturday along with a Rangers game. Previous years we've been to San Diego, Chicago, Denver, Memphis, and New Orleans.

Steak restaurants and places to get utterly obliterated are appreciated along with the local constables phone numbers.

I met up with Bier, Atomic, and Az last year in Denver and Bier can attest to the fact that it'll be rather difficult for me to arrange a meet-up with Huddlers due to the size of my group, so if you're out and about in the greater Dallas area and happen to be in an area where we're drinking then I'd be happy to buy you a beer, otherwise, I can't guarantee a thing.

Our annual draft is July 28th-31st in Dallas and I need some information on bars and places to eat. We get in on Thursday, Friday is golf and the draft is Saturday along with a Rangers game. Previous years we've been to San Diego, Chicago, Denver, Memphis, and New Orleans.

Steak restaurants and places to get utterly obliterated are appreciated along with the local constables phone numbers.

I met up with Bier, Atomic, and Az last year in Denver and Bier can attest to the fact that it'll be rather difficult for me to arrange a meet-up with Huddlers due to the size of my group, so if you're out and about in the greater Dallas area and happen to be in an area where we're drinking then I'd be happy to buy you a beer, otherwise, I can't guarantee a thing.

My favorite steak places are Nick & Sam's, Al Biernat's, III Forks and Papa's Bros.. They all have great wine lists but none are cheap. Nick and Sam's is my favorite of the bunch and if you are into surf and turf they'll bring you out a hugh lobster and filet that'll set you back ~$150, but is enough food for at least two people.

Where are you staying? I should be able to give you some names of bars close to your hotel room. Do you already have golf reservations or do you need course recommendations as well?

My favorite steak places are Nick & Sam's, Al Biernat's, III Forks and Papa's Bros.. They all have great wine lists but none are cheap. Nick and Sam's is my favorite of the bunch and if you are into surf and turf they'll bring you out a hugh lobster and filet that'll set you back ~$150, but is enough food for at least two people.

Where are you staying? I should be able to give you some names of bars close to your hotel room. Do you already have golf reservations or do you need course recommendations as well?

We're staying at the Marriot Suites on Stemmons Ave. and I think we're playing at Castle Hills golf club.

My favorite steak place is Kirby's on lower Greenville. I don't golf but sounds like you have that covered. Lower Greenville, the West End and Deep Ellum are the best bar areas that don't have topless bars. Sounds like you guys have everything covered. Anything specific you are looking for?

Edited by Clubfoothead

My favorite is Rudy's on lower Greenville. I don't golf but sounds like you have that covered. Lower Greenville, the West End and Deep Ellum are the best bar areas that don't have topless bars. Sounds like you guys have everything covered. Anything specific you are looking for?

Where exactly would these areas be in relation to our hotel? We're pretty good at stumbling but cabbing it won't be an issue either. :D

We're staying at the Marriot Suites on Stemmons Ave. and I think we're playing at Castle Hills golf club.

Who picked that spot? Not a very good area and not close to either the Rangers or where you are playing golf. But it is close to most of the restaurants I mentioned above. Where are you planning to hold your draft?

Where exactly would these areas be in relation to our hotel? We're pretty good at stumbling but cabbing it won't be an issue either. :D

Used to be Harry Hines, might still be. Your hotel is very close to Market Center which is near Kings Cabaret. Avoid that place. It's mainly fat pregnant Mexicans. You are looking for an area a few mils north on Stemmons at NW Highway, Walnut Hill and Royal.

You won't be too far from my office in case anyone needs some smoke.

Who picked that spot? Not a very good area and not close to either the Rangers or where you are playing golf. But it is close to most of the restaurants I mentioned above. Where are you planning to hold your draft?

I'm not happy at all about where we're staying but it's been a constant uphill battle every year trying to get people to decide on where to stay. What's wrong with the area and don't hold anything back because I could still get everyone to change their minds about where we're staying.

I'm not happy at all about where we're staying but it's been a constant uphill battle every year trying to get people to decide on where to stay. What's wrong with the area and don't hold anything back because I could still get everyone to change their minds about where we're staying.

It is just inconvenient to the places you mentioned.

Well, I've always been one to stir the pot so it would be great if someone could suggest a hotel that would be more conducive to our drinking habits.

That Marriott location is in an older part of town that is fairly industrial and right off of an 8-10 lane commuter highway. You'll be staring at tons of traffic and smog. There is virtually nothing of interest within walking distance, and if you do walk anywhere, you will get to meet some of the city's finest street beggars on every corner.

My recommendation :

Stay at the GAYLORD TEXAN. It is basically brand new and a massive complex with numerous restaurants and bars within its confines. It is centrally located in DFW and very close to the airport.

Play golf at COWBOYS GOLF CLUB. It is close to the Gaylord and is football themed (perfect for a draft weekend). Plus, there are skimpily clad 20 year olds that will hop on your cart at 18. They basically "clean your clubs" and make you feel like you have a chance at them :D, all in an attempt to get a few bucks.

That Marriott location is in an older part of town that is fairly industrial and right off of an 8-10 lane commuter highway. You'll be staring at tons of traffic and smog. There is virtually nothing of interest within walking distance, and if you do walk anywhere, you will get to meet some of the city's finest street beggars on every corner.

My recommendation :

Stay at the GAYLORD TEXAN. It is basically brand new and a massive complex with numerous restaurants and bars within its confines. It is centrally located in DFW and very close to the airport.

Play golf at COWBOYS GOLF CLUB. It is close to the Gaylord and is football themed (perfect for a draft weekend). Plus, there are skimpily clad 20 year olds that will hop on your cart at 18. They basically "clean your clubs" and make you feel like you have a chance at them :D, all in an attempt to get a few bucks.

Thanks. :D

My recommendation :

For they type of weekend you want, that probably perfect. The proximity to Blitz puts it over the top. :D

Wow...that place looks NICE. Twiley -- can I come along?

If you are considering the Gaylord, then you might also want to consider the new Westin (formerly, the Harvey Hotel) at DFW Airport. Just a couple miles from the Gaylord, closer to Grapevine (cool area to eat/drink), and a lot less expensive then the Gaylord.

Plus, my company owns it :D, so if you decide to stay here, I might be able finagle you a better rate.