[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For Those in Multiple Leagues...

Savage Beatings

A lot of us play in multiple leagues each season. My question is, when in multiple leagues, do you diversify your rosters so that you do not have the same players in multiple leagues, or do you go after the same favorite players / sleepers no matter if you have duplicates in other leagues?

In the past, I have tended to diversify my rosters somewhat (in case a stud gets injured, then it only hurts you in one league instead of many leagues). But now I'm starting to question that thinking. What do the rest of y'all do and why? :D

A lot of us play in multiple leagues each season. My question is, when in multiple leagues, do you diversify your rosters so that you do not have the same players in multiple leagues, or do you go after the same favorite players / sleepers no matter if you have duplicates in other leagues?

In the past, I have tended to diversify my rosters somewhat (in case a stud gets injured, then it only hurts you in one league instead of many leagues). But now I'm starting to question that thinking. What do the rest of y'all do and why? :D

I just pick the players that are going to score the most points :D

I tend to have devervsfied teams. Mostly because of diffent draft spots and size of leagues. I do get the same "Sleepers" when possible because I think they are value picks. But most of my leagues are dynasty leagues and the teams all look different because of trades over the years.

I agree about getting the best player for your current team no matter who you have on your other teams. Having said that, I had Chad Johnson and Tiki Barber on all 5 of my teams last year, but that is just how it worked out.

I was just thinking this morning that if I join another league I will be owning about half of the starters in the NFL. Heck, no matter who scores I will be ok in one league or another. Of course it works against you as well. But I draft the best player available at the time. I think a lot depends on where you pick in the draft. Whether or not you are picking in the same spot on most drafts or did it get mixed somewhat. But bottom line I try to get the best player.

For the most part my starters on each team are different, but it is the "sleepers" or backups, that you pick in the 6th round and beyond that tend to be the same.

The one thing I hate about being in multiple leagues is the week you need one player to have a big Monday night game for you to win in one league but where it could cause a loss in another.

Depends on who is available in each draft. I won't deliberately go about drafting the same players in each league, but if they should fall to me or be available and they are the best on the board (in my opinion) at that time, then I will take them.

Then again, it also depends on the type of the league, as mentioned earlier. This year I'm in 1 keeper, 2 redraft perfromance leagues, and 1 redraft TD only league. Different strategies for each should pretty much result in somewhat varied rosters.

There were certain players I just didn't like last year and never drafted, even though they may have "slipped" to me: Dillon, McGahee, Jamal Lewis come to mind. I tend to have players I feel strongly about one way or the other. This year I'm big on Tiki, Lamont Jordan and Ronnie Brown...not feeling as strongly about Steven Jackson, Domanick Davis or McGahee (again). So chances are I'll end up with the players I like in multiple leagues because they will slide up "my" rankings a few spots, while the ones I don't like as much will slide down.

I definitely target players but I find the closer my draft picks are to one another the closer my teams look. I may love player A but if he's being taken on average at 3.1 and my draft spot is at 3.12 i'll have to really reach if I want him.

I definitely target players but I find the closer my draft picks are to one another the closer my teams look. I may love player A but if he's being taken on average at 3.1 and my draft spot is at 3.12 i'll have to really reach if I want him.

Solid Points :D

I just do what's best for my team. If they end up being similar so be it, if they're different that's great to so I can watch a variety a players.

I do each draft without regard to previous drafts. Usually, my preferences result in multiple players on my team in different leagues. I do believe each draft is different and it is important to make picks based on what you feel is best for your team in that draft, not who you've picked in other drafts.

If I think a player has significant risk attached to him, I might not necessarily pick him in multiple leagues, but I might try and diversify which risk/reward players I pick. I tend to collect players I am sure about...like last year I looked to collect Larry Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, and Tom Brady.