[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

23 Years Ago Today...

Easy n Dirty

I remember that tragedy like it was yesterday. :D

On a happier note, 26 years ago on this date my first daughterwas born. :D

Exactly 30 years ago on this date I was discharged from the Marine Corps at Camp LeJeune, NC.

RIP Joe D.

Edited by The Holy Roller

20 years ago, not 23. The point about the police blotter is well made - not every athlete is a selfish bum.

:D to Joe. RIP.

I must sincerely apologize to all, I kinda' f'd this one up - a buddy of mine told me that yesterday was the anniversary of Joe Delaney heroic death, and I then posted it here with the link to the Rick Reilly article. The Reilly article was written in 2003 and states 20 years ago, so my 23 years ago was correct. However, Ursa's post made me look it up on Wikipedia, and it turns out that Delaney dies on June 23rd, 1983, so my anniversary post was 6 days late. Again, my apologies, unintentional error.

I guess there's no harm in being reminded of this story, no matter what the day.

EDIT - OK, now I'm completely confused, and I blame it all on ursa. Asked my friend, he sent me two sources stating June 29th - here and here. But Wikipedia says June 23rd right here. :D:D:D

Edited by Easy n Dirty