[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So I tried to explain mock drafts to my girlfriend...

matt770

"You draft a fake team. It's practice."

"But they're all fake teams."

"No, you just draft to get a feel for where guys are going. It doesn't really count."

"Count towards what?"

"Towards...what's for dinner?"

Just tell her it's like trying on clothes until you find something that fits just right.

Or window shopping, then comming back the next day to buy,

I gave up explaining fantasy football to my girlfriend awhile ago. She grasps the overall concept, and trades and stuff, be she is still very skeptical of why I need to be in more than one league, or my personal favorite "So... if its the offseason, why are you spending so much time on it?" :D

Man I knew this would be a fun topic as soon as I read the title.

Football and FF is just part of the landscape in the PD household, and Mrs PD is used to it as she tells all her girlfreinds-"No, it doesn't bother me, he made it clear about his football shortly after we started dating. So, I'm used to it and Sundays are pretty fun actually."

Football and FF is just part of the landscape in the PD household, and Mrs PD is used to it as she tells all her girlfreinds-"No, it doesn't bother me, he made it clear about his football shortly after we started dating. So, I'm used to it and Sundays are pretty fun actually."

You're lucky, my gf complains a lot about it. But then I do spend a LOT of time looking over my lineups and free agent options from Wednesday thru Saturday. I try to explain there's money and pride on the line baby! But she just doesn't get it. :D

We started a couples redraft league last year. 6 of my friends and the 6 wifes. A small entry fee of $10, with 1/2 the money going to the best couple (2 teams) finishing the regular season, and 1/2 to the super bowl winner. All the girls loved it and asked when we're stating up again. They got some help from us, but made many of the decisions themselves. Since football was on the TV anyway, it gave them something to cheer for, or against. My wife actually won it.

We've been together for 6 years, and when we started dating, the comments were always 'oh, you're gonna sit around again and watch football all day?'.

Now she tells her sister 'We're not coming over on Sunday, we want to watch football!'

I'm probably one of the lucky ones..

I did the same thing when I started dating my now wife of 8 years. I added the softball, basketball, and golf in to paint the overall picture. The difference though is that these are my guy things - my wife knows I prefer to do these things with the fellas and is ok with it - probably why I love her so much. I take her to McDonald's every so often to show my appreciation (free refills ya know).

Why my kids came out looking nothing like me, I'll never know.....

You're lucky, my gf complains a lot about it. But then I do spend a LOT of time looking over my lineups and free agent options from Wednesday thru Saturday. I try to explain there's money and pride on the line baby! But she just doesn't get it. :D

This should be a mental note to you, just store it in the back of your head.

I'm also one of the lucky ones, she realizes that it's something I like to do and doesn't try taking it, or my Sundays, away from me. It could be worse, we could all have hobbies that kept us away from the house. At least FFB allows us to be home where we can be around our loved ones while we do whatever it is we do.

Yes, getting them invoved is the key and Mrs. PD has been apart of my local since 2001. She would never say anything the first 4 years we were married, but you could tell at times she wanted to say something. Now on Sunday when I'm not on the computer checking scores on my players she is on checking her scores as well. She still can't sit through a whole game but can make say 2 1/2 quaters worth. I realise she will never have the passion for football and FF that I have but now that she has some of her own it makes the season alot smoother.

My wife and I wrote our own vows at our wedding in 1999 and in her vows she stated, to the 175 people at our wedding, that she would tolerate fantasy football.....I have to keep reminding her of her vows. :D

Tell her it's like shopping for girlfriends...and if she keeps up with the skeptical questions, you'll be shopping again sooner than expected.

Had same GF for 10 years.... Been Commish in local (Redraft) for 12 years....Also in local Keeper.... Do minimum 3 On-Line Leagues (Live-Draft) and 1 On-line Salary Cap League....Doing 3 Mocks at Antsports as we speak.....AND she still loves me !!!!!......Before my League all went on-line 4 years ago, she would take phone calls form League Team Owners on Sunday Morning for the ole Commish while I was on-line checking my team status for injuries etc..... Probably gonna have to marry her someday......LOL :D