[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never shop at Lowe's again in your life

TimC

My cabinet guy was scheduled for 4/22 and said he would be done by 4/26. Here it is the 30th and after too many calls of dealing with the imbeciles at Lowe's, he's gonna start back on the 5th. Do I have a finish date on this? Hell no! My carpet was supposed to go in on 7/10 and we close on 7/13 but thanks to these Lowe's idiots, it'll be delayed at least another 2 weeks. The countertop, plumbing, electrical, everything is depedant on this one stupid cabinet guy. Lowe's could care less.

You've been warned. Lowe's is the devil. I hope they burn in hell for eternity.

I quickly learned this trying to get things done for my house. I've also found they are generally higher priced with installation etc. I'll still go there to buy specific items, but I'll never have them do any work for me.

I got some really quality St. Augustine sod there this spring. It's been growing like crazy.

I'd have been reluctant to get cabinets through them before this sotry for the reasons statued by Yuke. I'd never use them now. Fortunately for me, when it comes time to do my cabinets I'll assume Perch knows someone.

dont ever have one of the big guys intall youre crap.. it will never get dun.... hire a smaller guy or do it youreself

+1 :D

I'll buy at the big box stores.....but I'd never hire any of their installers.

Of course....all the way around....kitchen installers are a strange breed. Jack of all trades...masters of none really....LOL. Best to have a GC or yourself there to watch over them and make sure all prep is right before they screw something up and have to redo it. Just a ton of smallish decisions along the way you just don't want them deciding on their own. They add up. :D

My cabinet guy was scheduled for 4/22 and said he would be done by 4/26. Here it is the 30th and after too many calls of dealing with the imbeciles at Lowe's, he's gonna start back on the 5th. Do I have a finish date on this? Hell no! My carpet was supposed to go in on 7/10 and we close on 7/13 but thanks to these Lowe's idiots, it'll be delayed at least another 2 weeks. The countertop, plumbing, electrical, everything is depedant on this one stupid cabinet guy. Lowe's could care less.

That sucks. We had some carpet installed from Lowes last year and they understimated on the install time so I called management and complained. They cleared their schedule for us, finished the job up and then gave us a $150 gift card. I guess it all depends on the store. :D

Even non-big box installers underestimate timeframes. Typically....the sales people have no clue how long it really takes to do something. :D

Of all the subs I've dealt with in the past 4 years....the hardwood flooring crew I hired were the best. Kitchen/DR....tough cuts.....in and out in 3 hours. Gorgeous job. A little tough communicating....lol.....the owner was Korean with very little English. But we made it work...and he was terrific! :D

Man that sucks dude, even for it happening to a cowboy fan. Thought about doing it yourself or hiring a small indy contractor?

Don't get me started on contractors..... but, after threats of lawsuits back and forth, the work all got done by the subs and we didn't have to pay the general a dime..... worked out but what a headache...

took my mad poker skills and called the contractor's bluff.. still makes me mad to think about it as my wife was home pregnant at the time having to deal with this a-hole and the stress he was causing was not good... so, one heated discussion and he backed down and we haven't heard from him again.. been about 2 years now.

Oh man....it gets worse. They outright lied to me about countertops. The countertop lady called. Lowe's said it'd be 2 weeks. Countertop lady says 4. I can't believe this. I feel like I'm in a bad nightmare and just want to wake up. I would post the long story, but busy at work.

If it makes you feel better, I had a custom cabinet guy do mine and he was two weeks late. Totally Fs up the scheduling. My wife was pregant at the time, and this meant moving right after the baby was born. The cabinet guy heard about it. :D

Of course....all the way around....kitchen installers are a strange breed.

I've done construction work in North Dakota, Virginia, Florida, Iowa, Minnesota, Ohlahoma, Louisiana and Texas. That's probably understating it.

If it makes you feel better, I had a custom cabinet guy do mine and he was two weeks late. Totally Fs up the scheduling. My wife was pregant at the time, and this meant moving right after the baby was born. The cabinet guy heard about it. :D

I did miss mah period the last couple of months.... :D

Tim, why the hell are you buying millwork from Lowes? You should have gone with a millwork contractor, not lowes one size fits all mass produced cabinets.

Long story short. We needed a cabinet that the cabinet lady the builder normally uses (small local person) didn't have. And she wanted Kraftmaid natural maple. We're stuck now. It took Kraftmaid 5 weeks to get the cabinets in so I'm just hanging on for the rest of the ride.

This cabinet the other person didn't have ended up costing me an extra $10,000 and 4 weeks more. I could've grown the f'n maple tree, harvested it, learned how to make a cabinet and hang it on my wall in the meantime. :D

I got a quote from Home Depot for new windows. It was like the 3rd quote we were getting.

About 15 minutes in, I said, "We don't need to hear all the reasons to upgrade and the whole sales pitch... lets just work out the numbers." Then he proceeded to go through his whole sales pitch extra slow.

He said, "Some companies will try to scare you into going with them"... then he proceeded to tell me that all other installers were crooks and scam artists.

An hour and a half in, I started to get pissed off that it was taking this long and said, "Lets wrap this up, buddy." 30 minutes later, I was telling him to get the hell out of my house.

Worst... salesman... ever.