[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hankk's Corner

Hankk

Hello boys -

I'm pleased to announce another edition of Hankk's Corner. I will be here (perhaps sporadically at times) to answer your questions regarding style and fashion.

Fire away. :D

Hankk's Tip of the Day: You should have a nice navy sport coat. There is no such thing as spending too much money on it.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 9 year-old son won't wear shorts that don't go down below his knees. In this day and age, what constitutes "short shorts"?

I don't know much about the midgets. However, wearing shorts that extend below the knees is a bad look, even for 9 year-olds. If anyone reading this has denim shorts that extend below the knee, do yourself a favor and burn them immediately.

Mid-thigh is about as high as your shorts should go, I think.

Edited by Hankk

Does a guy need a 'wingman' when picking up other guys? Or just when trying to nab a babe? :D

Style? No.

Fashion? No.

Answer? No.

Hi Hank..What are your thoughts on the Knot size of ties ? I work in manhatten and see a big variation of small knots to really big ones..Also should I remake a tie if it doesnt have the dimple or accept mediocrity ?

Edited by whomper

I don't know much about the midgets. However, wearing shorts that extend below the knees is a bad look, even for 9 year-olds. If anyone reading this has denim shorts that extend below the knee, do yourself a favor and burn them immediately.

Mid-thigh is about as high as your shorts should go, I think.

I'm thinking that this topic has to be a joke, but if not...

You couldn't be more off with this response. Long shorts for all ages are entirely in. Any pair of shorts that come just to the knees are borderline okay. Below the knee is the style today. My son is 4 yrs old and we went to a party the other day and this one kid had this pair of shorts on that were about 3, maybe 4 inches above his knees and not only were the other parents making comments but I heard a couple older kids say something as well. Even denim shorts need to be at least knee length and preferably longer. Please do yourself a favor and save the longer shorts and burn the shorter ones immediately. Hell, they're even making capris for guys and they're being worn.

You couldn't be more off with this response. Long shorts for all ages are entirely in. Any pair of shorts that come just to the knees are borderline okay. Below the knee is the style today. My son is 4 yrs old and we went to a party the other day and this one kid had this pair of shorts on that were about 3, maybe 4 inches above his knees and not only were the other parents making comments but I heard a couple older kids say something as well. Even denim shorts need to be at least knee length and preferably longer. Please do yourself a favor and save the longer shorts and burn the shorter ones immediately. Hell, they're even making capris for guys and they're being worn.

Oh Snap!!!!! :D

i don't believe your name is irishh ... start your own fashion thread if you like but don't tread on hankk's advice please ...

I'm not trying to intrude on the thread but What's right is right. And I don't want people burning quality stuff or wasting money on garbage. Just looking out for my fellow huddlers. :D

They call that The John Stockton

I'm entitled to my opinion. I'm no fashion Guru but I do know a couple things. And when i hear something that is so off I had to speak up. Sorry. :D

They call that The John Stockton

Yes they do but he's retired and so are shorts of that length.

You're dead on if you're a kid and shop at urban outfitters but for professional attire, below the knee is extremely tacky. Hank was right on with his assesment. While I'll rarely wear shorts when out to nice retaurants I will occasionally have to wear shorts when playing golf which lead to dinners at the CC. I dare you to walk in with shorts below your knees.

A BBQ with friends...yes, below the knees...professional attire, golf outing, tropical five star restaurant...NO.

Do yourself a favor and do some research before you open that mouth of yours.

Hankk is a man that knows his fashion, haven't you seen his picture that is posted above?

That picture was great. I was even more hysterical because I was expecting a GQ model or something like that. Not that guy! :D

You're dead on if you're a kid and shop at urban outfitters but for professional attire, below the knee is extremely tacky. Hank was right on with his assesment. While I'll rarely wear shorts when out to nice retaurants I will occasionally have to wear shorts when playing golf which lead to dinners at the CC. I dare you to walk in with shorts below your knees.

A BBQ with friends...yes, below the knees...professional attire, golf outing, tropical five star restaurant...NO.

Do yourself a favor and do some research before you open that mouth of yours.

Sounds like you need to read up a little. Actually sounds like you're brainwashed from some of these threads. Thanks for the useless advice though. At or below the knees bud remember it's the style.

Sounds like you need to read up a little. Actually sounds like you're brainwashed from some of these threads. Thanks for the useless advice though. At or below the knees bud remember it's the style.

You missed my point you pompous ass. I never said I didn't own any shorts below the knee, it all depends on the situation. You jumped on Hankk immediately before considering all of the scenarios. Go chill out and shove a pepsi up your ass.