[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Failure to Launch DVD

DMD

Watched it last night with the wife and we both were very pleasantly surprised. It is a romantic comedy but not in a sappy chick flick way. I was even impressed with Terry Bradshaw's acting. I would highly recommend it as a DVD to rent for a light hearted, fairly funny movie. I thought Matthew McConaughey was pretty good as the lead and normally I hate Sarah Jessica Parker.

I was also impressed that McConaughey said exactly what I would have said in one of the final scene when Parker got into his car when he was trying to leave his house.

Not major oscar contender here, but you could do a lot worse than watching the DVD and it appeals to both guys and girls.

Watched it last night with the wife and we both were very pleasantly surprised. It is a romantic comedy but not in a sappy chick flick way. I was even impressed with Terry Bradshaw's acting. I would highly recommend it as a DVD to rent for a light hearted, fairly funny movie. I thought Matthew McConaughey was pretty good as the lead and normally I hate Sarah Jessica Parker.

I was also impressed that McConaughey said exactly what I would have said in one of the final scene when Parker got into his car when he was trying to leave his house.

Not major oscar contender here, but you could do a lot worse than watching the DVD and it appeals to both guys and girls.

I thought you were asking for PC Geek help! :D

Anyway thanks for the review. The Mrs. wants to see it.

before you take it back for a replacement let's go through the connections.

ONE: the outputs on the back of the player you are using are the composite video (yellow) and stereo audio (white and red for left and right audio).

TWO: these cables should be connected to the INPUTS on the tv that have corresponding connections; yellow to the video input (either 1, 2, or 3) and the audio to the same set of inputs. If you used the #3 input for video, then you must use the #3 input for the audio connections: red to the right channel and white to the left channel inputs.

THREE: then, the tv must be selected to the correct video input. If you used input #3, then you must tune the tv to video #3 input.

so, if you are sure you have the connections proper, and you are still not getting a picture, then check to be sure you have power. if you have power have all the connections correct, you may want to try and reseat the dvd in the player by ejecting it and reloading it.

hope it helps.

before you take it back for a replacement let's go through the connections.

ONE: the outputs on the back of the player you are using are the composite video (yellow) and stereo audio (white and red for left and right audio).

TWO: these cables should be connected to the INPUTS on the tv that have corresponding connections; yellow to the video input (either 1, 2, or 3) and the audio to the same set of inputs. If you used the #3 input for video, then you must use the #3 input for the audio connections: red to the right channel and white to the left channel inputs.

THREE: then, the tv must be selected to the correct video input. If you used input #3, then you must tune the tv to video #3 input.

so, if you are sure you have the connections proper, and you are still not getting a picture, then check to be sure you have power. if you have power have all the connections correct, you may want to try and reseat the dvd in the player by ejecting it and reloading it.

hope it helps.

:D I just would have had him PM whomper for help...