[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

TE rankings

Randall

I was surprised to se both Bubba(11) ranked so high and also Sheffler as the top rookie(20).

Bubba was ranked above McMichael. Any comment?

McMichael is around 7th or 8th on my TE list...at worst....I didn't even notice this...

Vernon Davis is 13th. I'd personally rather have McMichael over Franks. Maybe some uncertainty about Culpepper playing a role?

even so....the Dolphins OL is at least a little bit better than the Lions...and Harrington threw to either Pollard or Roy all the time...

Garcia threw to others like Vines and then Roy as well...

Vernon Davis is 13th. I'd personally rather have McMichael over Franks. Maybe some uncertainty about Culpepper playing a role?

I like Miami's wide and TE situation this year... because they have depth at the QB position which should minimize any dropoff due to an injured QB. Thier third sting, Cleo Lemon, even has promise.

You're right. Don't know how I missed that.

I know Shanahan likes Sheffler's hands but thought Pope or Lewis(or Klopf) would be ranked higher.

FYI, Lovie smith has stated that Desmond Clark, from the bears, looked like the best player on offence in the mini camps.

he shed 10 pounds during off-season conditioning, he appeared noticeably quicker and more effective as a pass receiver during minicamp and OTA practices.

he is now at 250 pounds.

IMO i would bump him a few spots in yours rankings.

Well Franks will be falling if he is not healthy by training camp start.

McMichael is ranked where he is because the offense in Miami just stopped using him once it started to come together. He had 582 yards and five touchdowns which was great for a TE but he had four of them in the first four weeks. It is not at all unusual for an offense that is trying to come together for the first time to rely more heavily on the tight end which is why I had him ranked 8th last year (and, coincidentally, he actually ended the year as the 8th best TE).

Wk	Opp	1  DEN	6 - 55, 1 TD2  @NYJ	8 - 77, 1 TD3  CAR	1 - 18, 1 TD5  @BUF	1 - 30, 1 TD6  @TB	3 - 207  KC	3 - 298  @NO	3 - 209  ATL	3 - 2110  NE	7 - 8111  @CLE	0-012  @OAK	4 - 59, 1 TD13  BUF	6 - 4114  @SD	2 - 1215  NYJ	4 - 4216  TEN	4 - 4217  @NE	5 - 35

After those first four weeks that included 55 yard (wk1) and 77 yard (wk2) games, he only had 44 catches for 402 yards in the final 12 games with just one touchdown scored. That's about 34 yards per game once the offense started to come together and almost zero involvement as a target in the endzone after the first month.

His lone touchdown over the final 12 weeks came on a 25 yard pass play which was, needless to say, a bit of a surprise and hardly worth relying on repeating.

I liked McMichael more last year because the offense was just starting out but once it started to come together, the Dolphins just used him as a pretty standard tight end and not a pass catching stud. His overall numbers cloud how he got most of them - all in the first 4 weeks.