[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Unefeated Fantasy Season

ghengis_chan

Some good points, as Mr. Undefeated played in a division that was mediocre to begin with and then some of the teams had injuries to key players, so he had 6 gift wins, then like my team he caught me in the bye week dooldrums as well as few other teams. If memory serves, he got lucky on Thanksgiving when someone didn't get there line-ups in etc. He didn't really steam roll everybody but just caught the better teams at the right times and just got some plain dumb luck as well.

:D

:D (I just wanted to use the crybaby graemlin for the first time.)

Went 15-1 in 1995 ( my second year playing FF) Lost when both starting RB's were on a bye. Dominated most of the year. Closest win was by 5 points.

QB Favre (38 Tds 4400 yards)

RB E Smith (25 Tds 2140 total yards)

RB Terry Allen (had just come back from knee surgery 1st year with Skins) got him in the 13 round 1300 yards and 10 TD's)

WR Curtis Conway (Bears)

WR Jeff Grahm (Bears) yes I started two receivers from the same team (Kramer was QB and the Bears actually threw the ball that year. I also had Joey Galloway (rookie year who had a great second half of the season)

TE Ben Coates

K Al Del Greco (Oilers)

ST/D Steelers

I have had 3 14-2 seasons but 1995 was my favorite team!

Edited by T-Scorp

• 1 month later...

In 2004 I had Peyton, Edge, Chad Johnson, Antonio Gates, Ravens DEF, and picked up McGahee (right before his HUGH 2nd half season), just to name a few. I went 14-2 that year and my two losses were both by one point (I was 2-2 after Game 4). I averaged 140 pts per game that season and cruised to the title. That was the closest I've ever come to an undefeated season - and is probably the best season I will ever have...

12-1(reg. season) in GMX last yr(16 team IDP Dynasty league, last yr was the 1st yr)

Lost in week 3 to a team(SELLY) that had what would be its highest score of the yr(they only had 4 other weeks with a score higher then what I had that week), they also had clark haggans score 30 points that week :D

Then after a BYE I crapped out to a team(LOS G) that scored its highest score of the season(in all fairness his team was a very good team and eventual SB winner)

still a bitter pill to swallow after such a good season:

the core that carried me:

Hasslebeck/Brees

Rudi/Jordan(some Jamal at times)

SSMith, Rod Smith, RoyWilliams

LJ Smith

Strahan

Vilma, Pierce Gold(pierces injury hurt and crowder crapped out in the playoffs when i needed him)

RoyWilliams, Dawkins

i re-tooled a bit for this season and now will go into battle with:

Hasslebeck(frye)

Rudi, Jordan, Chester(on bench last yr)

SSmith Chad Johnson, Roy Williams Rod Smith

LJ Smith

Peppers, Strahan

Vilma, Pierce, Donnie Edwards

RoyW, Dawkins

It is a special thing requiring much skill, luck, and incompetence by your competitors.

went 15-1 last year and won the championship. team was anchored with LT and LJ. lived thru bulger as QB. just got lucky with QB fillers week in and out and ended up winning the championship game with mccown as the starter.

i for sure had some of all of the above quote happen. i'll take it however i can get it.

Last year I only lost one game in our local keeper league. There were 2 or 3 other very good teams but they had their studs underperform the weeks they played me. The rest of the league was mostly noobs who didn't pay much attention. My team was good, but it was a few key pickups and a trade, as well as a lot of luck that won me the title.

*passing out the ace bandages*

Doesn't everyone's writsts get tired from patting themselves on the back so much? :D

My local league has so much parity--I won the league championship last year by being the 8th seed, and I won a tiebreaker with the 9th seed (who had to play for the Toilet Bowl instead).

I ran through the 1st, 4th, and 2nd seed to win, and I had 7 losses on the season.

The guy I beat out on the tie breaker lost his first round matchup in the toilet bowl...but based on the lineups submitted for the weeks, would have also won the championship if he won our tiebreaker with me.

The best anyone has done in our league is a 3 loss season--going undefeated will never happen.

1995 also. Pure luck in drafting -- I don't remember all of the team, but I do remember most of it was getting Robert Brooks (almost 1500 yards, 17 TDs) and Isaac Bruce (almost 1800 yards, 13 TDs) in late rounds, with Favre at QB (4400 yards, 41 TDs). I remember I had Terrell Davis, but he was mostly on my bench -- Ricky Watters was one of my starters, I don't recall the other one (maybe Emmit). I not only ran the table that year, including the Super Bowl, but I won the money for weekly high points every week but maybe two or three.

The entire league was made up of sportswriters, except me. I was not invited back to play in that league.

I also had a girlfriend who hated football and knew nothing about it, but agreed to join a league and just worked from a cheat sheet I gave her. She went undefeated, but lost in the Super Bowl, got mad that she lost and never played again.

I went undeafeated on year in my league. 16-0. The next best record was also by me at 13-3.

We are in our 10th season. We were talking about that 16-0 season at our draft party. It really is hard to do if you are in a league with guys that know what they are doing. Toss in the injury factor and its quite a feat.

Most years we have quite a few teams still vying for the playoffs (we take the 2 division winners and 2 wildcards) down to the final week.

Went 16-0 in 32 more Homers with the Colts in the regular season last year. Had a first round bye. Lost to the Pats in the second round.

:D

Art imitating life?

In 9 seasons of my local, 8 have been head to head. One year a team took the championship with a 15-1 total record, including postseason, and lost his only game by 1 point 79-78. We have had MAYBE a half dozen 1 point games during that time.

Several things that made it hystercial: it was to the last place team that year (one of his 4 wins); the guy was a 'Phins fan so he REALLY wanted it and it happened in 2000 while the Florida recount was gonig on, and he was scanning the NFL game logs and Elias for any possible stat revisions during that week, which we do account for (such as a Team D was awarded a sack in the game but they change it a few days later). No avail. He's still pissed.

Last season, the Wash Post started a weekly fantasy football column in the Sports section. The writer reportedly went undefeated, though he never listed an opponent's roster. Every week it was like, "and my last minute decision to start Drew Bledsoe over Peyton Manning, won me another close one..." :puke:

Now that's real "fantasy" football, Mr. Real Washington Post Fantasy Man of Genius. :D:D

I had a 11-2 Espn team last season..took the title...Had Eli, Larry J., Tiki, Driver, Galloway, Tony G., Giants D and Vinatieri. That would be one of my ultimate fantasy football goals, to pull off a perfect season...I applaud anyone who can do it! :D

My best season record-wise was last year when I started 9-0 in my main local. Then I lost Owens, and Dillon and Jackson were dinged up, so I finished 11-2. Lost in the Championship game. In that game I had Plummer, Dillon, Ricky Williams, S. Smith, Engram, Stokely, Shockey, Jeff Reed, Chi. D. That was the week Smith smacked a ref, and Shockey got hurt and might have made 1 catch. I lost to the guy who had Palmer, LJ, Cadillac, Moss, Fitzgerald, Holt, Witten, Feely, Den D.

Had Engram, Smith and Shockey not tanked it up, I could have pulled it out, but man did the champ have a good team that year.

In a Twelve team keeper league, I went 47-1 over three full seasons, 16-0, 15-1, 16-0. The only loss came in the Championship game in the middle season :D . I had built a team through trades and drafting that was amazing. Faulk, Warner, Fred Taylor (when he was young), Edge, LT, Bruce, Cris Carter, Jimmy Smith, the list goes on.

The team changed subtly every year, but I was always able to trade great players for higher draft picks.

It became so out-balanced, that as the Commish, I thought it was not really fun for the other guys, so I changed the rules which hurt my "dynasty".

I still have been in the Play-offs every year, except one, and have won two more championships.

Despit the players I was able to stockpile, to do this required AMAZING LUCK! I don't care what anyone says, this was as much a factor of the good lady taking care of me as my "superior" FF skills. :D