[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

mofo!

Bier Meister

just went to the garage to get something....... someone stole my frickin rear license plate last night.

i'm soooo pissed!

:D I'm sure you know, but definitely call the police AND the DMV. Someone's probably driving a stolen vehicle around and needed to throw the fuzz off. Bassturds!

yeah....police taking a little while to get back to me....dmv closed until mon (and not sure if open with holiday weekend).

California's DMV is open July 3, obviously closed July 4. Who knows what you Coloradoans get :D

Had that happen to me once as well. IT really sucked, particularly because they even took the screws. While the police will likely never show up for it, you just need the DMV to know ASAP about it so that the license plate no longer is considered yours and you get a replacement as quickly as you can, which in my case was not particularly quick at all.

I was told they steal the back ones because they have the valid registration sticker on it so it saves them $ not registering their car. Just contact DMV and tell them - it happens all the time.

I had a plate stolen off a car that wasn't drivable. I didn't even notice it for a long time. I got a letter from the sheriff's office stating that someone had been in a hit and run accident with that license plate. I thought it was going to be a big hassle. I called and told them it had been stolen and I never heard anything about it again. I'm sure that could have turned out a lot worse than it did. Since then I always pay attention to my license plates.

Unless the car they put it on has a similar description as yours, any activity should have the plate number and a description of the vehicle and if they do not match the Police can nab them on that, depending on Colorado laws. Also with a police report, any pullovers of driving without a plate should be covered.

Hopr this gets resolved soonj as certain DM Vs are hard to get ahold of a live person.

Sorry to hear that, Bier. Another thing to be concerned w/ is:

Does CO do photo ticketing? In IL they can photograph cars for blowing off tolls, speeding thru construction areas, not paying at the gas pump, and blowing thru stop lights. Another reason for getting something on the official record ASAP!

get something on the official record ASAP!

That's about all you can do at this point. Oh, and lock your garage. :D

It's sad, but lots of folks that have never locked their home or garage are having to do so now. My folks have never locked their home until recently. Some low-life came into the garage through a side garage door left open for the cat and swiped all my dads power tools. :D My dad is an exceptionally tolerant person, but this really set him off. :D

Someone at work had her plate stolen a while back. Not only did they steal it, but they put their plate on her car. She noticed the plate was different and called the cops. When they showed they ran the plate and told her it was a good thing she noticed because the new plate she had was either from a stolen car or the owner had a warrant out for their arrest (can't recall which) and if she was driving around she would have been pulled over if the cops had noticed it.