[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To keep or not to keep

joethin

I just took over a team in a keeper league.

Here's the meat of the deal. (I'm releasing Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, Coles, and Chad Johnson)

10 Teams – Start QB RB RB/WR WR WR TE PK DT

Scoring: 1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving; 1 point for 20 yards passing; 1 point per reception; 6 points for rushing/receiving TD; 4 points for each passing TD; -1 points for each INT.

Can keep up to three of the following players:

QB - Carson Palmer

RB - Mike Anderson, Chris Perry, Brandon Jacobs

WR - Ernest Wilford, Eric Moulds, Arnaz Battle

TE - Randy McMichael, Jason Witten, Dallas Clark

PK - Doug Brien, Jeff Wilkins

DT - Jaguars DT, Redskins DT

Palmer is an obvious choice. I’m thinking keeping Mike Anderson (You never know with Jamal Lewis injury history) and Eric Moulds (I like his upside). But seeing these 3 TE’s is tempting in keeping one of them.

My draft pick is 5th.

Here's the meat of the deal. (I'm releasing Peyton Manning, Jamal Lewis, Coles, and Chad Johnson)

Scoring: 1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving; 1 point for 20 yards passing; 1 point per reception; 6 points for rushing/receiving TD; 4 points for each passing TD; -1 points for each INT.

QB - Carson Palmer

Palmer is an obvious choice. I’m thinking keeping Mike Anderson (You never know with Jamal Lewis injury history) and Eric Moulds (I like his upside). But seeing these 3 TE’s is tempting in keeping one of them.

My draft pick is 5th.

Okay - I am guesssing that based on who you are releasing cant keep anyone drafted in the first 4 rounds? At 5 you cant still get a solid RB. Palmer is a given. I dont like Anderson this year. They are looking at more of a fullback role for him. Where as this is a keeper league I would keep Perry and Jacobs. Perry had around 600 all purpose yards last year and killer offensive team. Jacobs plays behind Tiki and Tiki is on the other side of 30. Assuming you can keep them both this year and beyond that is what I would do.

QB - Carson Palmer

My draft pick is 5th.

ok if left to me this is how i would run this.

I would KEEP Jason Witten , Randy Mc Michael & Palmer

none of those backs in my opinion are worth keeping you can use your 1st pick on a back and 2nd & 3rd on wideouts, you will already have 2 damn good TE's that can start on any fantasy team, one of which you may be able to get a descent RB for should the need arise.

ok if left to me this is how i would run this.

I would KEEP Jason Witten , Randy Mc Michael & Palmer

none of those backs in my opinion are worth keeping you can use your 1st pick on a back and 2nd & 3rd on wideouts, you will already have 2 damn good TE's that can start on any fantasy team, one of which you may be able to get a descent RB for should the need arise.

Keep 2 TE's??? Not sure that is sane as you can only start one!

Palmer is a must, I would only keep one of the three RB's if any at all, if the top 4 rounds from LY are going back in the kitty, you might want to keep Palmer only and get an extra 2 picks early. You will have your work cut out for you getting this team turned around...good luck

Why are you releasing Manning and Johnson? As someone else noted, is this a deal where you can't keep guys drafted in the first few rounds? I don't understand the potential keeping of Palmer over Manning when Palmer's knee is still a mystery. And not keeping Johnson? Color me confused.

What do you get if you DON'T keep 3?

If you're only able to keep those players you've listed, I somewhat agree with jetsman - it may be prudent to keep two stud TEs and attempt to trade one for a RB.

Why are you releasing Manning and Johnson? As someone else noted, is this a deal where you can't keep guys drafted in the first few rounds? I don't understand the potential keeping of Palmer over Manning when Palmer's knee is still a mystery. And not keeping Johnson? Color me confused.

What do you get if you DON'T keep 3?

If you're only able to keep those players you've listed, I somewhat agree with jetsman - it may be prudent to keep two stud TEs and attempt to trade one for a RB.

You can't keep players that were selected in the first four rounds.

As for the 2 TEs. That is an interesting approach since this league rewards receptions. Problem with Witten is that TO will get a lot of his catches. You can argue that it can also open things up for him, which is true. Still, the more I see that approach the more I like it. Thanks

As for the 2 TEs. That is an interesting approach since this league rewards receptions. Problem with Witten is that TO will get a lot of his catches. You can argue that it can also open things up for him, which is true. Still, the more I see that approach the more I like it. Thanks

Ah I see. McMichael and Witten are your best choices behind Palmer. Look at it this way, you'll hold a very valuable chip in the extra TE. I think Witten will be fine with the addition of TO and the rookie Fasano. If it plays out where he still gets plenty of catches/yards, perhaps you dump him off for a RB or help elsewhere and stick with McMichael.

no problem like i said u could always dump off one of the tes for a rb or wr next year tes are a rare and valuable comodity and u have 2 above avrage starters there.

I'd keep Palmer, Witten, & McMichael. As far as TO taking production away from Witten, I personally don't think that will happen. If anything it may open the short game in the middle with TO taking an extra defender downfield with him.

I agree. LJ Smith was having a breakout season last year before T.O. was exiled.

no problem like i said u could always dump off one of the tes for a rb or wr next year tes are a rare and valuable comodity and u have 2 above avrage starters there.

Why are TE a valuable commodity when you can only start 1?

I'd keep an RB or WR myself. Obviously, I'm a contrarian here, but I don't see what McMichael adds to your team. :D

Thinking more about it. it would be an overkill to keep 2 TE. As much attraction it has. I'm keeping Moulds (Can't ignore that upside). And I'll keep reading about Witten & McMichael, knowing that Culpepper will probably not play until October.