[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What do I do with the 3rd pick?

We get to keep one player and my best option is Steven Jackson. But if I choose not to keep him, I have the 3rd pick. I have a feeling that at least one of the following will not be kept or drafted #1 or #2:

R. Brown

C. Williams

McGahee

L. Jordan

R. Bush

What should I do? I can also announce not to keep SJax and then draft him if my top picks ahead of SJax are gone.

With those players potentially available, I would opt to not keep him and wait and see waht is available at the third pick. As you noted, worst case scenario is that you get him abck, best case is a potential improvement at RB, though I'm not sure why you would even consider Bush as worthy of the pick. I assume you having the #3 pick is based on the teams with the first and second picks not keeping anyone either.

With those players potentially available, I would opt to not keep him and wait and see waht is available at the third pick. As you noted, worst case scenario is that you get him abck, best case is a potential improvement at RB, though I'm not sure why you would even consider Bush as worthy of the pick. I assume you having the #3 pick is based on the teams with the first and second picks not keeping anyone either.

Agreed on all counts.

Brown and Caddy are above SJax...

What I like about SJax is that he's a monster at the goalline and a surprisingly good reciever out of the backfield, so there's not reason to take him out of the game unless he needs a breather for a series or two.

I can see an agrument for Brown since he will probably have every opportunity to prove that he can do the same, and he's probably a better pure runner than Jackson is, but SJax is more of a known quantity at this point.

Caddy I don't buy at all, especially since the Bucs have one of the better goalline vultures in Alstott and one of the better 3rd down backs in Pittman.

Edited by tomfin2000

Personally I think Steven Jackson is going to be a beast, and I think he gets the goaline carries also.

The only ones I would consider above him that you listed are R. Brown or Cadilac, but Cadilac i'm sure still has Alstott there for the goaline. Ronnie Brown is an interesting one. No Ricky Williams so he could blow up. Also, who has the easier schedule? Steven Jax gets Seattle, Arizona, and SF 6 times. Can any of them stop the run? R. Brown also has a pretty easy division to run in with NYJ, NE, and Buffalo not having the best run D's. Indy's is pretty good.

Tough call but I would stick with what you have. They will give him the ball a ton to keep pressure off of Bulger and set up for the long ball.