[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Draft Strategy

Second year keeper league, 12 Teams; Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF; Scoring for RBs and WRs as follows:

a) 1 point per 10/yards rushing or receiving up to 100 yards

:D 1.5 points per 10/yards rushing or receiving over 100 yards

c) 5 bonus points for 100 rushing yards, 3 bonus points for 100 receiving yards.

I have the 3rd overall pick in the coming draft. These are my keepers for this season:

QB: E. Manning

RB: C. Portis, W. McGahee

WR: L. Fitzgerald, D. Mason

TE: T. Heap

We can keep a total of 6 players each season, but restrictions apply. No more than 3 players can be kept from this list next season, and I can't keep more players at a given position than I start (ie I can only keep a max of 2 RBs and 3 WRs each year).

Here are the top players available at RB and WR:

Ronnie Brown

LaMont Jordan

Rookie RBs

Chris Chambers

Reggie Wayne

Roy Williams

I think if either Brown or Jordan fall to me, it's a no-brainer. However, if both are off the board, do I take a rookie RB since the pickings will be slim by the time the draft wraps back around or do I take one of the WRs? If I take a WR, do you prefer Chambers or Wayne? Both are ranked pretty closely together on most publications and websites.

Thanks!

Second year keeper league, 12 Teams; Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF; Scoring for RBs and WRs as follows:

a) 1 point per 10/yards rushing or receiving up to 100 yards

:D 1.5 points per 10/yards rushing or receiving over 100 yards

c) 5 bonus points for 100 rushing yards, 3 bonus points for 100 receiving yards.

I have the 3rd overall pick in the coming draft. These are my keepers for this season:

We can keep a total of 6 players each season, but restrictions apply. No more than 3 players can be kept from this list next season, and I can't keep more players at a given position than I start (ie I can only keep a max of 2 RBs and 3 WRs each year).

Ronnie Brown

LaMont Jordan

Rookie RBs

Chris Chambers

Reggie Wayne

Roy Williams

I think if either Brown or Jordan fall to me, it's a no-brainer. However, if both are off the board, do I take a rookie RB since the pickings will be slim by the time the draft wraps back around or do I take one of the WRs? If I take a WR, do you prefer Chambers or Wayne? Both are ranked pretty closely together on most publications and websites.

Thanks!

actually this is how i would go

Most likely Lamont will go 1 & Brown will go #2

in this situation you grab Roy Williams, with Martz calling the shots he could be as good as gold. Kitna has a cannon for a arm and they will be throwing the ball to Roy alot!

actually this is how i would go

Most likely Lamont will go 1 & Brown will go #2

in this situation you grab Roy Williams, with Martz calling the shots he could be as good as gold. Kitna has a cannon for a arm and they will be throwing the ball to Roy alot!

Yeah, that's why I put Williams on the short list. Wayne is the safe pick with little upside beyond 1,100 to 1,200 yards and 6-8 scores. Williams is the risky pick, but in the right system, he has the upside to post Top 5 numbers. I think Chambers fits somewhere in the middle of the two in terms of upside and risk.

With the starting lineup I have going in, I have the luxury of rolling the dice on Wiliams if I decide to go that way.

Ronnie Brown

LaMont Jordan

Rookie RBs

Chris Chambers

Reggie Wayne

Roy Williams

Thanks!

You do not have another good WR to keep over Eli Manning? if I did I would start by doing that.

You figure Brown goes 1st..then Jordan..so that leaves you the rookies or 1 of those 3 WR's. if it was me I would go with 1 of the rookie RB's. chances are if the rookies are the only thing left out there at RB that they will all be gone by your next pick and the chances of you getting a decent backup RB will be out the window.

You do not have another good WR to keep over Eli Manning? if I did I would start by doing that.

You figure Brown goes 1st..then Jordan..so that leaves you the rookies or 1 of those 3 WR's. if it was me I would go with 1 of the rookie RB's. chances are if the rookies are the only thing left out there at RB that they will all be gone by your next pick and the chances of you getting a decent backup RB will be out the window.

The only other WR I had on my roster of note was Andre Johnson and I'm not a fan regardless of how much potential he supposedly has.

I think you're right about the RB situation though. After Jordan and Brown, it will be the rookies, the usual list of declining veteran backs (Dillon, Lewis, Green, Martin) and the usual list of injury ridden backs (Taylor, Foster, C. Brown). With 18 picks between my first rounder and my second rounder, most of those guys will be off the board by the time the 22nd overall pick rolls around. The guys that are left will either be deep sleepers or have about as much upside as a turnip.

Best case scenario is that one of the teams with the first two picks goes gonzo over one of the rookie backs and I get Brown or Jordan handed to me on a silver platter.

The only other WR I had on my roster of note was Andre Johnson and I'm not a fan regardless of how much potential he supposedly has.

I think you're right about the RB situation though. After Jordan and Brown, it will be the rookies, the usual list of declining veteran backs (Dillon, Lewis, Green, Martin) and the usual list of injury ridden backs (Taylor, Foster, C. Brown). With 18 picks between my first rounder and my second rounder, most of those guys will be off the board by the time the 22nd overall pick rolls around. The guys that are left will either be deep sleepers or have about as much upside as a turnip.

Best case scenario is that one of the teams with the first two picks goes gonzo over one of the rookie backs and I get Brown or Jordan handed to me on a silver platter.

If it were me I would of kept Andre Johnson over Eli. not that I don't think Eli is a excellent QB , I just do not care much about QB's until towards the end of the draft.

I would myself put Dillon and Foster along with the group of rookies. in fact if it were me I might take Dillon above the rookies(of course this depends on what happens with Chris Brown, if he leaves that really opens things up for White). I take it someone has Chester Taylor? if he is out there he would be the 3rd guy I would grab after Brown and Jordan.