[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will DeAngelo Williams get any stats?

Scooby

Neither. Foster, Williams, and Shelton will collide with each other while running for the hottub during training camp and be lost for the season. Nick Goings will rush for 1423 yards, 12 TDs, with 342 yards receiving and 2 TDs and will be the consensus No. 2 overall pick in 2007 fantasy drafts.

Seriously though, my money is on D'Angelo. Whoever gets that starting gig will be fantasy gold.

Edited by tomfin2000

Foster.... is this the year he can beat the injury bug? I say no. By the end of the season, Williams will outpoint Foster.... it all depends on when Foster goes down. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if Foster gets dinged up in the preseason. He is also one of the VERY few that have made any real NFL comeback from micro fracture surgery on his knee, to go along with the rest of his injury history.

Foster will be fine this year and it will be a two headed monster attack, look for near identical #'s, but early on the word is 20-25 carries a game for Foster and 10-15 for Williams. If out of this one appears to be dominant then it may become a featured back scenario, but the focal point is to have both healthy for the PO, also, look for Shelton to be the GL back as he is up to close to 260lbs and the RB staff have been working with him to "run low" at the opposition-Peace PD.

Foster will be fine this year and it will be a two headed monster attack, look for near identical #'s, but early on the word is 20-25 carries a game for Foster and 10-15 for Williams. If out of this one appears to be dominant then it may become a featured back scenario, but the focal point is to have both healthy for the PO, also, look for Shelton to be the GL back as he is up to close to 260lbs and the RB staff have been working with him to "run low" at the opposition-Peace PD.

So what you are saying is that one should shy away from the Car RB's just like the Den RB's?

NFL is starting to get a bit short in the featured back category. *sigh*

So what you are saying is that one should shy away from the Car RB's just like the Den RB's?

NFL is starting to get a bit short in the featured back category. *sigh*

Well the line between FF hopes and a multimillion franchise can be very wide-ok, an abyss. Fox's main concern is to have as many horses ready for the PO run, so, yes, it may be prudent FF wise to stear clear. However, as a #2 RB(every team FF team needs one) I think Foster will be great-the only (?) will be handcuff my #2 of Foster with Williams, or my #1-whoever that may be this year. In 14-16 team leagues, Foster would be drafted as a #1-hancuff with Williams-Peace PD.

Well the line between FF hopes and a multimillion franchise can be very wide-ok, an abyss. Fox's main concern is to have as many horses ready for the PO run, so, yes, it may be prudent FF wise to stear clear. However, as a #2 RB(every team FF team needs one) I think Foster will be great-the only (?) will be handcuff my #2 of Foster with Williams, or my #1-whoever that may be this year. In 14-16 team leagues, Foster would be drafted as a #1-hancuff with Williams-Peace PD.

:D Foster a #1 in 14-16 team leagues.....not likely IMO...in a lot of leagues...Williams is being drafted before Foster in most drafts and thats as a borderline #2....3 rookies get drafted before Williams and Curtis Martin is being drafted before Foster in a lot of drafts LMAO...don't think Foster is a good #2...to injury prone...I would draft Williams as a #3 if he's there and hopefully Williams has taken over completely before your bye weeks...better to take Droughns or Jamal Lewis as #2...less threat of RBBC IMO...

:D Foster a #1 in 14-16 team leagues.....not likely IMO...in a lot of leagues...Williams is being drafted before Foster in most drafts and thats as a borderline #2....3 rookies get drafted before Williams and Curtis Martin is being drafted before Foster in a lot of drafts LMAO...don't think Foster is a good #2...to injury prone...I would draft Williams as a #3 if he's there and hopefully Williams has taken over completely before your bye weeks...better to take Droughns or Jamal Lewis as #2...less threat of RBBC IMO...

Solid viewpoint, but it still remains Foster and he will get 20-25 carries per game, while Williams will get 10-15. If I draft Foster, I'll handcuff with DW, and if Foster goes down I'm covered. I'm still not sold on Lewis and would not spend a pick to make him my #2 RB-#3 yes.

Foster's ADP is currently 54, while Williams' is 68. That means you can get Foster in the 5th round, but you'd better be ready to handcuff him to Williams in the 6th round.

Personally, I think Williams is going to take over the job full time sometime this year, but the question is when. I've got Williams as the top rookie RB this year - he's the total package, and unlike Foster, he doesn't get hurt & begs to get the ball more & more as games go on.

Foster has also only surpassed 22 carries in a game twice in his career, so I don't know where 20-25 carries a game is going to come from. Foster is inconsistent as hell - you'll get a 18 carry/165 yd game one week, and a 22 carry/68 yd game the next week. He also only has 4 rushing TDs in 377 career carries - that's an awfully low ratio.

IMO, Williams is clearly more talented than Foster, will take more punishment, will get the tough yards, and will score touchdowns at a much better rate. He's a complete back who can be on the field in every situation anywhere on the field. It's just a matter of time before he supplants Foster - I'm betting sooner than later, and I'd be ecstatic to pick up Williams as my #3 RB right in front of the Foster owner in the 6th round. He's going to be a better FF value - maybe much, much better.

Foster's ADP is currently 54, while Williams' is 68. That means you can get Foster in the 5th round, but you'd better be ready to handcuff him to Williams in the 6th round.

Personally, I think Williams is going to take over the job full time sometime this year, but the question is when. I've got Williams as the top rookie RB this year - he's the total package, and unlike Foster, he doesn't get hurt & begs to get the ball more & more as games go on.

Foster has also only surpassed 22 carries in a game twice in his career, so I don't know where 20-25 carries a game is going to come from. Foster is inconsistent as hell - you'll get a 18 carry/165 yd game one week, and a 22 carry/68 yd game the next week. He also only has 4 rushing TDs in 377 career carries - that's an awfully low ratio.

IMO, Williams is clearly more talented than Foster, will take more punishment, will get the tough yards, and will score touchdowns at a much better rate. He's a complete back who can be on the field in every situation anywhere on the field. It's just a matter of time before he supplants Foster - I'm betting sooner than later, and I'd be ecstatic to pick up Williams as my #3 RB right in front of the Foster owner in the 6th round. He's going to be a better FF value - maybe much, much better.

All those stats are nice and all, but one thing everyone seems to have forgotten was a man named Stephen Davis. When was the last time Foster was the featured back? He hasnt been that I recall. Davis was always there to score the TDs, and the majority of the yards.

This is just what I recall, and I think Foster will be fine this year as a RB2.

Well, as stated, this is Fosters first real chance to be the #1 RB in Carolina, so I'm in a wait and see holding pattern. Fox will be foxy with the RB situation anyway, ala last year, when Foster was suppose to be the "feature back" and SD got the start. It would not surprize me one bit if Fox's strategy would be to see if Foster can hold up and bring DW along slowly-then plug him in full time. Fox is not as bad as Shanny when it comes to the starting line-up, but damn close. Trust me when I say, "If it was my call, I'd start DW and let Foster be the change of pace back." I'm just going by what I've gleaned so far this offseason, and that is Foster getting the majority of the totes. Also, I guess I'm coming at in more from an NFL football viewpoint than a FF viewpoint at this time, and to answer the (?), yes, I think DW will generate some FF points. Now, as to how many, well that depends on Foster and what Fox has up his sleve(sp).

I wouldnt count out Shelton just yet. The Kid is a Stephen Davis clone, who needs a swift kick in the ass. Williams is not a power back that can run out the clock at the end of games, which is surprising they took him over Lendale White. Personally I see Williams a complete bust at the next level.

I wouldnt count out Shelton just yet. The Kid is a Stephen Davis clone, who needs a swift kick in the ass. Williams is not a power back that can run out the clock at the end of games, which is surprising they took him over Lendale White. Personally I see Williams a complete bust at the next level.

My only response to that would be that if CAR had any confidence in Shelton at all, and also having Foster on the roster, it makes no sense whatsoever to burn a 1st rounder on Williams. You can't have that many capable RBs on an NFL roster & keep them all happy. Williams being drafted in the 1st was an indictment of what CAR thinks of Shelton (and concerns about Foster), IMO.