[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2006 Projection Spreadsheet -- Released!

rhino

:D The Weighted (Wtd) Average (Avg) 2006 Projection Spreadsheet is ready for download! :D

Go to this website to download the version you prefer.

Which zip file should you take?

Wtd Avg 2006 Projections 072906 v2002.zip -- I recommend this one, as it uses some later features of Excel.

Wtd Avg 2006 Projections 072906 v97.zip -- If you can't get the Excel 2002 version to work above, then try this one, which is "saved as" Excel 97. It still has the same features as the one above, but it requires more space.

Wtd Avg 2006 Projections 072906 v95.zip -- If you can't get the two above to work, then this is your last option, which is "saved as" Excel 95/5.0. It does NOT contain all the features that the two above contain. Sorry.

What does this spreadsheet do?

This spreadsheet helps create personalized cheatsheets for your league draft.

. It utilizes (at least) 5 different sources of player projections, the ability to add (up to) 5 more sources of projections, the ability to WEIGHT your sources as you prefer (Huddle=5, Footballguys=.01), utilizes your league scoring rules.

. The "Rank" tabs provides a cheatsheet for the position, which also provides other irrelevant data about the players (team, bye, depth chart, age, yrs in NFL, avg draft position, etc).

. The "Rank II" tabs provide a cheatsheet for the position, but also provides the players' last 3 yrs of statistics, plus the current projections for that player.

. There are tabs that accommodate the non-TE leagues, and tabs that accommodate the TE-required leagues.

. There is a "One Pager" tab that provides a one-page overview of your cheatsheet, all positions.

. There is a "Draft" tab that allows you to enter your draft as it goes along. This SHOULD "highlight" those players "off" your One-Pager tab.

. The best way of knowing what this can do, is to play with it. If you mess up your local copy of the spreadsheet, you can always download another copy.

Workbook's Table of Contents

. Rel Notes -- Just my compilation of what I did when. Just "junk" to you, really.

. Byes -- Contains all the teams' bye weeks. No need for further updates here.

. Consistency -- Copied from thehuddle. Contains the players' consistency rankings of reaching a certain level of play each week, in 2005. Those players highlighted in red indicate he is not on the Players' master list for 2006 (ex: Stephen Davis). No need for further updates here.

. Avg Pick -- Copied from MFL, as of 7/22/06. Indicates the players' average draft position taken. This will be updated in future updates.

. Depth Charts -- Copied from thehuddle. This is not updated to 2006 yet. This will be updated in future updates.

. Profiles -- Copied from nfl.com. Simply provides some basic information on the players (age, yrs exp, height, and weight). No need for further updates here.

. Past Stats -- Copied from thehuddle. Contains past statistics for each player, for the past 3 years. No need for further updates here.

. Scoring -- Enter your scoring rules here. If your league uses additional scoring than what is indicated on this tab, this can be accommodated by utilizing the "Annual Points Adjustment" in the "Rank" tabs.

. QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, DEF (POS) -- Contains the master list of players for 2006 and the assorted projections by the different sources. Feel free to add your own projections, other premium sources you have access to, as well as your WEIGHTS to each source (ex: Huddle=5, Footballguys=.01).

. Rank -- The individual cheatsheets for each position. Utilizes your scoring rules, projections from the POS tabs, and your entered weights. Contains almost every sort button you can imagine.

. Rank II -- It works, but I want to update the formatting here. Input is welcome. Contains the same sort order as your Rank page, but contains the last 3 yrs of statistics for each player.

. One Pager -- One page cheatsheet, sorted in the same manner as your Rank pages. This is for TE-required leagues.

. One Pager, No Tes -- One page cheatsheet for non-TE-required leagues. Sorted in the same manner as your Rank pages.

. Draft / Draft, No Tes -- Tabs to enter your draft as it goes along. It SHOULD "mark off" the player from the appropriate One Pager tab. Names must be entered as they are in the master lists (QB, RB, WR, TE, PK, and DEF) tabs.

Important Notes

. This spreadsheet does contain a good number of macros, mainly used for sorting the cheatsheets. If you don't care for the macros, you can still use this spreadsheet, but you will be doing a lot of manual sorting (select range, Data > Sort > etc). I recommend to "Enable Macros", but that's ultimately your choice.

. There aren't many (if any) "upgrades" from last year, except the formatting, really, which isn't complete either. Still working on that in my "spare time".

. This spreadsheet is delivered with "Automatic Calculation" turned OFF. When a value is changed (ex: scoring rule), it does NOT automatically update the values (ex: projected fantasy points) that depend on that input. Calculation must be "forced" -- accomplished by hitting <F9>. I recommend keeping it turned off if you're entering a good number of changes (scoring changes, new projections, etc), and hitting <F9> when you're ready. Once you're done with the majority of your input, I recommend changing Automatic Calculation to "ON". This is accomplished by : Tools > Options > Calculation, choosing "Automatic" radio button, then clicking <OK>.

. I was only able to find 4 websites that included FREE projections. These 4 are included: fftoday(7/3), fantasysharks (7/11), foxsports (???), and footballguys (7/18). If you know of any other FREE projections out there, feel free to let me know, and I'll try to include them in the next update.

. Thehuddle's premium projections are included as well, as this spreadsheet is intended only for huddle members. Your respect and adherence in this matter is greatly appreciated. Otherwise, we'll have to drop thehuddle's numbers from this spreadsheet. Don't want to do that.

New Formatting

. I'm trying to indicate which cells are "formulas" by shading them with a pale yellow. I think I have most of them, but not guaranteed. Regardless, you don't want to muck with these cells. Those cells that can accept input have shading set to "no fill", or "none". I tried turning on the "locked cells" feature, and protecting the worksheet, but some users had issues with that when using the earlier versions of Excel. Thus, nothing is protected.

Feedback?

If you should have any feedback, comments, questions, suggestions, concerns, feel free to let me know HERE IN THIS THREAD. My PM inbox is pretty full, so there's no guarantees that it'll take.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Rhino. Thanks for saving me the cash (about $40.00 to $50.00). I am going to wait on your lists instead of using the money on out of date mags (big time). :D

Edited by ajh2