[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg 2006 Projection Spreadsheet -- Released!

rhino

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW! Well done! Another fine spreadsheet...how many years is this now...and when are you going to start asking for a kick-back? You totally deserve it....even for love of the game...

:D

Fantastic job!!

I noticed on the one pager that the WR's avg pick column is missing and there is no 2nd page?

You're right. :D The "WR's Avg Pick" column is not included in the "Print Area" for the "One Pager" tabs. I'll get that fixed for the next release.

Tip of the Day

Feel free to "hide" columns on the "One Pager" tab before printing. The current One Pager with all the columns printed causes eyestrain and requires a very fine highlighter for the draft. Do not recommend that. So, hide the columns that you won't be using during the draft (Exp?, Age?), then print.

Great work, once again. Thanks for your efforts.

As with last year, mine opens with a slight tweak to the expected procedure. I have Windows XP Pro running Office 2000 Premium. I downloaded the 97 version from the site and it opens if I actually open Excel by itself (through the start menu) and the goto File -> Open and find the .xls spreadsheet. It fails if I merely double click the spreadsheet icon in windows explorer. Thought it might help someone out there.

Thanks for the reminder Gonkis. Very much appreciated.

Great work again rhino.

One note, on the 2002 version the depth chart does not appear to be updated. Arrington, J.J. is the #1 RB for Arizona, Vanderjagt is #PK for Indy.

I see that you discovered why this is. Thanks for the heads up, nonetheless.

The next release will have the huddle's version of the depth charts included.

Feel free to point out any other omissions, suggestions, etc.

Edited by rhino

Great job as usual Rhino.

The only issue I have using the 2002 version is after changing for my leagues scoring, I cannot get the WR/TE one pager to order properly. It does not sort in decending order like it should. I'm going to download again and try it on my work machine.

Bummer! Can you tell me what your scoring is, and I'll see if I can re-create the problem here. Sorry for the issue.

Tremendous work. Excellent!!

I sent DMD a PM a while back to inquire about doing some different work on consistency rankings. Your sheet seems like it would be a perfect venue for this as well.

Counting 100 yd efforts and games with a TD is a good measure of consistency. I have been looking at players points per week scored and been calculating a std dev for them based on last season, or in some cases the last couple of seasons.

What this tells me is that when I am looking to draft someone because they might have so many yards or so many TDs, do they score close to the same number of points every week or are they high some weeks and low others.

It changes the measuring stick from 'how many 100 yard games might I see from this guy' to 'will this guy get me 11ish points every week, or will it be 18 this week and 4 next week'.

I like this idea. But, I don't know if I can get it in this year. I'll see what I can do.

Made the changes to the scoring and I'm getting Value for my projected points. using decimals in the scoring system. what am I doing wrong besidestryingtooperateacomputer.

Ok figured that out now how do I get the players to re rank themselves after all new values have been entered.

I apologize it wasn't straightforward. But, I'm glad you're up and running now.

Thank You Rhino!

Your hard work putting this together is appreciated!

If someone has already mentioned it, I apologize for the repeat but have you ever thought of adding auction values to the sheet?

Thanks Again!

Busby

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, Thanks Rhino!

1st time using it.....in the one pager it just lists the top players (ie, Manning, Johnson, Smith) with #NAME? in all the rest of the cells. Is this correct?

Also in the draft page I entered in Larry Johnson and it didn't add in in his info....what did I do wrong?

Also my interpretation is that it gives us rankings based on other numbers and our scoring system, correct?

Is there a way to see who your next logical pick should be? Sorry for all the (stupid) questions, I'm not really that excel savy.

Again thanks for all your hard work, this is cool!!!!

Sorry if some of these questions were answered already.

Edited by nhoops

• 2 weeks later...