[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Traveling Trophy for Champs

Massamule

I'm in a dynasty league and we've been talking lately about getting a trophy of some sort. It would be nice to have something that we could engrave every year with that years winner.

Do any of you guys have something like that (trophy, mini helmet w/ league logo, plaque...)?

If so let me know what it is and where you got it (web site, local store)

I am the commish in my league and I purchased a Pewter Bullet Trophy Cup from the www.silvergallery.com. It was just about $140 and is awesome all the guys love it. Every year the winner uses it as his cup to drink from while watching Sunday Ticket at my house with the rest of the guys from the league. Each guy has told me at some point in time that the money would be great to win but that they really want the cup for bragging rights much more.

Here's a look at out league cup: http://www.silvergallery.com/productxl.html?t_q=STBSM

Personally I think it is perfect for any league!!

Edited by irish

We use a mini-helmet with the league logo. I have asked the guys if they want to upgrade to an official engravable trophy, but the helmet has sentimental value after 13 years. I guess it is not the size of the trophy, it is the significance.

We use a a silver drinking mug, engraveable every year. We bring it out every draft, and the winner is presented with it at the onset of the draft. Typically, he pours his favorite beverage into it, roasts the pathetic teams from the year before (thanking them for their donation), and takes the 12-oz drink in one swig. Nothin' like pounding a beer to start your FF season right!

Think we got it at one of those "Things Remembered" stores.

I was in a League the last two years that had a trophy. This was a local league and the plan was to pass the trophy on from year to year. The winner the first year wanted to keep the trophy so he bought a new one, just like it for the league. We decided what we would do the next year is to not only have the large trophy to pass around we bought a smaller one for the winner to keep. I won last year so I have the option to buy the large one if I want. Although I like the trophy idea in princapal, I would rather just buy a big trophy every year to be kept, they are not that expensive. I think we paid around a $100 for the large one.

I was in a League the last two years that had a trophy. This was a local league and the plan was to pass the trophy on from year to year. The winner the first year wanted to keep the trophy so he bought a new one, just like it for the league. We decided what we would do the next year is to not only have the large trophy to pass around we bought a smaller one for the winner to keep. I won last year so I have the option to buy the large one if I want. Although I like the trophy idea in princapal, I would rather just buy a big trophy every year to be kept, they are not that expensive. I think we paid around a $100 for the large one.

That isn't a bad idea as it's always there as a reminder that you won. But I love the idea more that the new winner has taken the only trophy from the old champ and now he has to earn it back as well as the others trying to take it from him.

That isn't a bad idea as it's always there as a reminder that you won. But I love the idea more that the new winner has taken the only trophy from the old champ and now he has to earn it back as well as the others trying to take it from him.

Do a combo of the two. Have a very nice trophy to keep and either a larger trophy moves with the winner each year or something like the MUG like Swammi spoke of.

Do a combo of the two. Have a very nice trophy to keep and either a larger trophy moves with the winner each year or something like the MUG like Swammi spoke of.

I was actually doing some research and I ran across this one Link

With this one you can buy the whole trophy including the mini-helmet and the winner will get to keep the helmet, the base can have plates to engrave. You can then buy a new minihelmet next year and the entire trophy can travel to the new winner's house, while the previous year's winner can keep the minihelmet.

Kinda a cool idea.

We have an old peweter/silver Cup that we have been using for past 12 years...Last year, last spot was taken on it...! we are thinking of having it mounted on a base, and then get engraved 'nameplates' each year to add to it....We kid ourselves that our sons will eventually inhereit our teams....

Not sure if I answered this before on an older thread or not....

Went to things remembered and bought a plaque and have it engraved every year, the winner keeps it until the next end of the season party (Super Bowl) where it is handed over to the new champ.

We also give out prizes for best draft pick, worst move of the season, best F/A pick-up, etc....just to keep it fun...those are normally gag-gifts, something fun....

• 2 years later...

I know for a fact you dont have to spend much money to have a coveted trophy. I took a metal bedpan spray painted it gold and got outdoor letter stickers and put "Barney Bowl" across the top (Old Barney's was the bar we posted scores at). We put all the Superbowl winners names in the bottom of the bowl. Tellin ya, most coveted trophy in all FF.

I know for a fact you dont have to spend much money to have a coveted trophy. I took a metal bedpan spray painted it gold and got outdoor letter stickers and put "Barney Bowl" across the top (Old Barney's was the bar we posted scores at). We put all the Superbowl winners names in the bottom of the bowl. Tellin ya, most coveted trophy in all FF.

New or Used? :wacko:

I'm in a local big money league at a prominent sports bar. This 16 team league has been in existence since the dawn of man and pretty much, you have to wait for somebody to kick the bucket to get in. The owner/bartender is the commish and I got an invite 3 years ago after dating his daughter for the summer (hey you do what you gotta do :wacko: ). But our league trophy is a letterman jacket with the league name and logo on front and the winners engraved on the back. I have yet to wear that sucker but I can tell you this, when the league champ steps into the bar with the jacket on, drinks are pretty much free from the onset. That jacket has a rock star thing to it or something...kinda hard to explain lol.

Ours is a brass cup, about the same size and appearance as the top of the Stanley cup (only brass). We had a 10x10x8 inch wood base made for it and had the league name engraved on the cup. The face of each side of the base has a brass plate with space for 10 champions and the year of the title. The trophy is yours for the year after week 17. Handing it over sucks but handing it over only one time sucks a lot more.

I bougt a silver-plated cup off Ebay [$50}. Took it to an engraver and mounted it on a wooden base and had a custon name plate made. Then after the season had another plate made with the league champs name. Each year we update. The cup I bought is similar to this one, just taller...

http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/0f/db/6a2a_2.JPG

Haven't seen it mentioned in this thread, but does nobody have a weekly loser trophy that travels? Ours gets passed over each week to the team with the lowest points for the week. It's basically made from a bowling ball and old automotive parts and it weighs about 25lbs and it has to be carried around wherever they go (to our weekly get-togethers, to work, etc...) It's ugly as sin and a pain to carry around.

Edited by rmjones101

After my 15-year local collapsed a couple years ago, several of us started a new league. We bought a trophy from a local trophy shop . . . looks very nice, has some room for engraved nameplates. One of those owners won the first championship, had his team engraved on the trophy . . . but then passed away in the offseason.

So (amongst other things, obviously), we had another plate mounted to the front of the base--christening it the "[guy's name] Memorial Trophy". I was proud to be the first winner of the rechristened trophy . . . I hope this league lasts at least another fifteen years.

Peace

policy

Edited by policyvote