[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiki,Portis or Steven Jackson @ #4 pick?

TommyMags

Yeah I also have the #4th pick and I'm glad we haven't had our draft yet.

I was all over Portis before this injury. I don't know, maybe it won't turn out to be a big deal but this shoulder thing scares me. I'm thinking staying clear right now and leaning towards Steven Jackson.

I just don't see Tiki doing it again this year and Edge is nice but that AZ line is horrible. I know Jackson's line isn't much better but I'm going with the gut feeling that Jackson will have a better year than those 2 right now. Besided Martz is gone, how does he not? ha

It's really between Ronnie Brown and Jackson for me right now. Guess Preseason games will tell

Good luck

Yeah I also have the #4th pick and I'm glad we haven't had our draft yet.

I was all over Portis before this injury. I don't know, maybe it won't turn out to be a big deal but this shoulder thing scares me. I'm thinking staying clear right now and leaning towards Steven Jackson.

I just don't see Tiki doing it again this year and Edge is nice but that AZ line is horrible. I know Jackson's line isn't much better but I'm going with the gut feeling that Jackson will have a better year than those 2 right now. Besided Martz is gone, how does he not? ha

It's really between Ronnie Brown and Jackson for me right now. Guess Preseason games will tell

Good luck

I like Tiki and Ronnie Brown more than SJAX. SJax will go as far as Bulger goes but at least there backup has been improved to Gus Frerotte. Wait, did I just type that? Anyway. SJAX does have a favorable schedule and a better coaching staff so I expect his total yards to improve from last year. I don't see Tiki dropping off too much from last year but there has been talk about making sure he is ready for the playoffs, but you have to get there first and he is there best option on the field. If you combine R. Brown and Ricky Williams' carries from a year ago you get some staggering figure approaching 500 carries. R. Brown won't get all of them, but who is going to ge the rest - Sammy, Travis? R. Brown could have 350 carries this year.

Edited by SaintsFanUnfortunately

Yeah i like Ronnie Brown as well...man this is tough! You know he's gonna get a lot of carries but so is Jackson. It's a toss up really between those two. Don't think you go wrong with any of them but I know one thing i'm staying away from Portis. I just think thats going to linger all season and is an easy target now.

Goes against everything I've ever said as well as drafted, but with all the RBBC's this year, you COULD (not saying would) consider Manning at #4. We all know that the dude is going to tear it up this year with a step back in the run game. There will still be a quality RB there in the 2nd or WR, and you have a pretty early 3rd Round pick. I probably wouldn't do it, but would give it some serious consideration with Portis's situation now. I dont think that Portis's situation is as bad as it seems, but I do think that it will be lingering all year. I wouldn't take him at #4 now, not even #5. Tiki or SJax if you're set on a RB. Both the clear #1 guy for their respectable teams, and both will get most of the looks. The only thing I dont like about Tiki, if (and when) the Giants lock up a playoff spot (during the FF Playoffs) Barber will be benched. I think the Rams will be in it until the end fighting for a spot. A lot of people over look the FF playoff schedule. I got bent last year losing in the first FF playoff game, cause I had Manning, E. James, R. Wayne, AND the Colts D. I did however win 40% of the overall pot for winning the overall points though. Anyway, I think it's a tossup between Manning and SJax. Got to go with your gut..

Goes against everything I've ever said as well as drafted, but with all the RBBC's this year, you COULD (not saying would) consider Manning at #4. We all know that the dude is going to tear it up this year with a step back in the run game. There will still be a quality RB there in the 2nd or WR, and you have a pretty early 3rd Round pick. I probably wouldn't do it, but would give it some serious consideration with Portis's situation now. I dont think that Portis's situation is as bad as it seems, but I do think that it will be lingering all year. I wouldn't take him at #4 now, not even #5. Tiki or SJax if you're set on a RB. Both the clear #1 guy for their respectable teams, and both will get most of the looks. The only thing I dont like about Tiki, if (and when) the Giants lock up a playoff spot (during the FF Playoffs) Barber will be benched. I think the Rams will be in it until the end fighting for a spot. A lot of people over look the FF playoff schedule. I got bent last year losing in the first FF playoff game, cause I had Manning, E. James, R. Wayne, AND the Colts D. I did however win 40% of the overall pot for winning the overall points though. Anyway, I think it's a tossup between Manning and SJax. Got to go with your gut..

:D

Because of the many RBBC possibilities out there, it is even more important to get a solo stud RB in the first round. In order: Tiki, Brown, and SJAX are the picks if Portis is not practicing by your draft.

I too have the 4th pick, but you know something I am going to go Manning this year, looks like he will be throwing the rock alot, and in my league we get 6pts for all touchdowns. I am going to try the "do the opposite" therory why draft the 5th best RB when you could have the best QB or the best WR, so my plan is to take the the #1 QB (manning) and then in the second round take the # 7 WR maybe Larry Fizgerald, and come back down with my third pick and get another WR like Derrick Mason or Wayne. And then take rbs in the next 3 rounds, which could be rbs like, JJ, Benson, Dunn, Rhodes.

What do you think?