[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steven Jackson

Massamule

The owner said he is willing to hear my ideas for getting SJAX from him.

My team is in the sig (plus I have 1.03, 1.08, 2.08 rookie picks).

Here's his:

QB - McNabb,Carr, Volek

RB - Jackson, J. Jones, Martin, M. Anderson, Bell, C.Houston

WR - D. Bennett, Ma.Clayton, D. Jackson, Roy Williams, Reg. Williams

TE - Cooley

Picks 1.05, 2.05 and 3.12 in rookie draft

My first idea is Benson and 1.03 for Jackson, is that too little?

I'd float the later first. Let him negotiate up to the higher pick. You may want to come in initially with Benson and the 1.08, so then he can feel like he was able to negotiate up to one of your other offers, heck, you may be able to pull off adding in Branch to the deal wit hthe 1.08 and getting him to add in one of his later rookie picks.

I think tha Benson and the 1.08 is a reasonable opener so you have room to add more, make him feel good about his negotiations, and still be at a level where you wanted to be to get SJAx

I'd float the later first. Let him negotiate up to the higher pick. You may want to come in initially with Benson and the 1.08, so then he can feel like he was able to negotiate up to one of your other offers, heck, you may be able to pull off adding in Branch to the deal wit hthe 1.08 and getting him to add in one of his later rookie picks.

I think tha Benson and the 1.08 is a reasonable opener so you have room to add more, make him feel good about his negotiations, and still be at a level where you wanted to be to get SJAx

Big Country makes Big Sense. :D Do it.

i think sjax is going to have a nice year and really establish himself as go to back. he's shown some flashes of brilliance. games last season when he 20+ carries he blew up. benson has shown me nothing. he can't stay on the field and he has jones stealing carries.

i agree, make the initial offer with 1.08 but even if you have to bite the bullet and give up the 1.03 to get it done i'd do it. the rookie draft can be a crap shoot. that being said i'd rather give up the better rookie pick and keep branch if it comes down to it. i'm probably minority but i prefer the proven comodity to great potential.

i'm probably minority but i prefer the proven comodity to great potential.

I wouldn't say minority, but with the holdout and Chad Jackson (that;s the rooks name, right) that Branch has diminishing value in a keeper. He should still be consistent, but unspectacular

Great advice guys! I really appreciate it!

I opened w/ Benson and 1.08.

We'll see what his response is to that. Hopefully, if he doesn't like it, he'll be willing to negotiate.

Too often in our league the initial offer is turned down and the owner says screw it, and isn't willing to talk anymore.