[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Keeper League Trade

tomfin2000

12 team keeper league, 2nd season, standard scoring, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF.

I took over an abandoned team and it's a dog. Here are my six keepers for 2006. I can keep up to three of these guys next year and six players in total. There are some caveats, but the only one that comes into play here is that we are limited to keeping only 2 RBs each season:

QB: Delhomme

RB: McGahee, Gore

WR: Mason, Booker

TE: Gonzo

I have the 2nd overall pick and the following are the best players aviailable at RB and WR:

RBs: K. Jones, J. Jones, J. Lewis, R. Droughns, C. Dillon, D. Foster, D. Rhodes, rookies

WRs: D. Jackson, D. Driver, L. Evans, D. Branch, J. Horn

I have been offered Javon Walker and 6th overall pick for Derrick Mason and the 2nd overall pick. The draft is this Saturday at noon, so I'm not going to have much more info than I have now other than a couple of preseason games. What I do know is that the owner with the 1st overall pick is taking Reggie Bush so he's out of the equation.

Do I gamble on Walker regaining his elite status in a year or two and settle for the best RB available 6th overall, or do I stick with the always reliable Mason and take my pick of RBs listed above?

Thanks for the help!

Edited by tomfin2000

I wouldn't take that either.

1. While Walker may have better long-term value than Mason (and not much more), Mason looks like a better value THIS year.

2. You have a shot at getting KJ with the second pick, no shot with the sixth.

Masons best seasons came in Tenn with........McNair at QB. McNair is going into a new offense and will look often to the familiar face. Walker is IMO being overrated this year since Plummer does not throw a very good deep ball, which is Walker's forte.

I like Mason ALOT (hell, I like all of the recieving options in Baltimore this year), so there's no way I'd move him for Walker. On top of that, you have a decent core at RB, but picking up either Bush, KJones or even Droughns would strengthen the position a whole lot more, and I think Droughns is the only one that would be available at 6.

if you don't keep 6, do you get extra pick(s)? if so, i'd be all over that.

Nope. If that was the case, I definitely would have dumped Booker (I'll probably end up dumping him anyway) and maybe one or two others. The fact that I didn't even have a decent kicker or defense to keep in place of Booker should tell you how pathetic this team was when I took over.