[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quick! Trade Offer

Massamule

My team is in the sig.

Its a 12 team dynasty I have the 1.03, 1.08 and 2.08 rookie picks.

Here is the owner's email to me:

Rudi & 1.11

for

Holt & 1.03

or

Rudi & Kennison

for

1.03, Dunn & Branch (if Branch reports to camp)

Just seeing if you're intersted in either. You won't hurt my feelings

either way. And I don't know if I like either.

The second one looks halfway decent.

Looking for advice from you guys before I do anything.

I may counter offer and sub Kennison for Simms.

Here's his team currently:

QB - Hasselbeck, Simms

RB - E James, Holmes, Blaylock, Rudi, Rhodes

WR - Kennison, Engram, Galloway, Jurevicious, Stockley, Wayne

TE - Stevens, Wiggins

defintely dont let go of Holt.....i like your counter offer ideas

his first offer is horrrribleeeeeeeeeeee

Completely agree! There's no way I would get rid of Holt and probably Maroney (1.03) for Rudi.

Thats just a BAD offer!

Sorry to do this guys, but I need some more convincing from my fellow FF experts here at The Huddle.

Are you sure this is a good deal?

1.03, Dunn, Branch

for

Rudi, Simms, 1.11

I'm really unsure of this because I'd be missing an opportunity to get Maroney. Plus Rudi has a relatively brutal schedule and he's really not that explosive, but he is constant.

I don't know, what should I do?

Rudi is as constant as anyone in the league. You will have just as good an oppurtunity at 8 and 11 to get a star. No one is ever real sure who will be the studs, because some players bust and some breakout. Just look to get a WR with one of those three picks and I would reccomend Greg Jennings.

I would make this trade right now.

Sorry to do this guys, but I need some more convincing from my fellow FF experts here at The Huddle.

Are you sure this is a good deal?

1.03, Dunn, Branch

for

Rudi, Simms, 1.11

I'm really unsure of this because I'd be missing an opportunity to get Maroney. Plus Rudi has a relatively brutal schedule and he's really not that explosive, but he is constant.

I don't know, what should I do?

I would absolutely make that trade. Of course, be sure and pick up Chris Perry in the draft.

I would absolutely make that trade. Of course, be sure and pick up Chris Perry in the draft.

That's the other thing. Chris Perry is as taken as taken can be. Another owner has him and he values him like he's the second coming of Walter Payton.

My keeper league only keeps two (in my sig) so I admittedly am somewhat green on your situation. But I dont know that I would give up 1.03 and Dunn for Rudi and Simms and 1.11.

Seems to me the key of Dynasty is to build for the future...you have a pretty good team, and while I agree that Rudi has become the model of consistency in FB for RB...I dont think I could walk away from the 1.03.

Just my :D

Good luck

Hardrocker

The problem is at 1.03, he's not going to get a guaranteed stud either. Maroney would be nice, but he does play for NE. Not a fantasy powerhouse due to the spread-the-ball mentality. How long does Corey Dillon hang around?

He receives a very good RB in Rudi Johnson to add to Tomlinson.

I just don't see the downside.

Edited by CaptainHook

Not saying you are wrong...and Maroney may welll have issues simply because of where he is...and I definately agree that Rudi is worth adding...

Certainly there is NO downside this year...I simply wondered about the choices at 1.03 at RB and how attractive several not just Maroney are...and wondered if it was worth holding that pick.

That said, I definately do not have any disagreement with your points Captiain...just thought Massamule might like another opinion...not necessarily better....or worse.

Cheers

Sorry, wasn't meaning to come down on your idea. It is a good one. But, looking at his team (Holt, Horn, Gonzo, LT), he is built to win now. Rudi would put him over the top.

At some point, you have to stop building for the future and go for it. ya' know?

Edited by CaptainHook

I like him Captain, but I kept him because I wanted a starter. I draft 10th in a ten team league (defending Champ) and we can keep two people drafted after the 4th round from last year. My other choices were...Chris Perry, Brett Farve, Muhsin Muhammed and Brandon LLoyd.

I kept Caddy obviously but am taking a flier on Warner, because for some reason there were 8 other QB's kept in our league and I have no faith in Farve. Going into the draft Peyton, Bledsoe, Brees and Hassleback are only top guys theret...so I wanted options and felt keeping Warner was a worthwhile risk.

Warner is NOT gonna stay healthy but my goodness, with those WR's and with Edge...there really are some possibilities.

Add the fact that Leinhart hasn't made camp...It may not fit your situatio n, but it seems to fit me.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled football advice thread! :D

Well, it sounds like this is going to be the deal as long as Branch reports to camp soon.

1.03, Dunn & Branch

for

Rudi and Simms

I would've liked to grab his 1.11 as well, but he said that was too rich for his blood

Well, it sounds like this is going to be the deal as long as Branch reports to camp soon.

1.03, Dunn & Branch

for

Rudi and Simms

I would've liked to grab his 1.11 as well, but he said that was too rich for his blood

Not getting his first rounder changes things quite a bit, IMO. Try and get his second rounder?

Not getting his first rounder changes things quite a bit, IMO. Try and get his second rounder?

Yeah........I don't know. This whole thing is driving me nuts. This year I would definitely like to have Rudi over Maroney, but in upcoming years, I would like to have Maroney over Rudi.

Chris Simms doesn't really impress me, but I've heard a lot of talk about how he could be a sleeper.

I basically have 4 roster spots I need to fill. W/out the trade, I would've been getting (probably) Maroney, Cutler, M. Turner (LT ins.) and lastly a kicker like Graham.

I really don't know about this trade, I'm going back and forth over this one.

Oh, and by the way, he doesn't have a 2nd rounder. His next pick isn't until the 3rd round (35th overall)

Edited by Massamule