[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it me?

JoJoTheWebToedBoy

Ok, 2 year that my work league has pissed me off. Last year I caused an uproar when I traded draft position with someone else for the first 2 picks.

So another year, another draft position controversy. Using a dice server (yep same one everyone here uses) I wind up tied for 2nd place. Simple right, the two people that are tied re-roll best roll gets second, the other person gets 3rd.

Wrong. Now the argument is (brought up by the guy who currently has the third highest role) the two of us should re-roll and that roll will determine our draft position, no tie breaker. Of course if neither of us roll a higher score then the guy who suggested it, he will move from 4th to 2nd.

So far the vote is 3-3 (with 6 more owners to go).

Is it just me or should I just give this league up?

Oh, and the irony of it all, I somehow wound up as the commish this year because the other guy wasn't responding to any emails (he's the only remote owner) and I was stupid enough to ask if we were playing this year (and yes I didn't address dice roll ties so It could be my own damm fault)

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

JoJO - Sounds to me like you are playing FF with "not" the sharpest knives in the drawer. I guess that goes two ways. They are idiots which means their FF skill is below average, which is to your benefit. AND, They are idiots which is going to irritate you all season long. Giuess it goes both ways :D

You are rolling a tie breaker, not REROLLING.

Let us know how it goes

I would tell #4 man that since there was a tie, everyone has to reroll. See how he likes those odds.

Making you re-roll for new positions make no sense whatsoever. This shouldn't be at a vote. Everyone in the league except for #1 stands to get a better draft position by making you re-roll, and they can't possibly get a worse one. Any selfish person would vote to have you re-roll.

We roll ... here is how we handle ties

The player with the lowest individiual die rolled in the set of 4 wins the tie. If they are tied after that move on to the next lowest tie.

Of course it would be hard to implement this rule after the fact as the one that loses the tie would feel like he was slighted

Yep, they are idiots. Can't stand owners in my league that use every opportunity that arises to try and screw somebody else. Put your foot down as commish, reroll to break the tie, and move on. :D:D

It's screwed up when you have to think of a rule to cover EVERY conceivable situation. Sometimes common sense should come into play.

Yep, they are idiots. Can't stand owners in my league that use every opportunity that arises to try and screw somebody else. Put your foot down as commish, reroll to break the tie, and move on. :D:D

It's screwed up when you have to think of a rule to cover EVERY conceivable situation. Sometimes common sense should come into play.

:D

Ok, 2 year that my work league has pissed me off. Last year I caused an uproar when I traded draft position with someone else for the first 2 picks.

So another year, another draft position controversy. Using a dice server (yep same one everyone here uses) I wind up tied for 2nd place. Simple right, the two people that are tied re-roll best roll gets second, the other person gets 3rd.

Wrong. Now the argument is (brought up by the guy who currently has the third highest role) the two of us should re-roll and that roll will determine our draft position, no tie breaker. Of course if neither of us roll a higher score then the guy who suggested it, he will move from 4th to 2nd.

So far the vote is 3-3 (with 6 more owners to go).

Is it just me or should I just give this league up?

Oh, and the irony of it all, I somehow wound up as the commish this year because the other guy wasn't responding to any emails (he's the only remote owner) and I was stupid enough to ask if we were playing this year (and yes I didn't address dice roll ties so It could be my own damm fault)

If we did that in HOT I would pick 5th I think instead of 9th.

I like it except or the fact that it's wrong.