[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

#3rd pick

nhoops

Hey all,

Long time huddler here, welcome to all the newcomers, glad to have ya.

I have the 3rd pick in my local 10 team, redraft, standard scoring (start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K,D)

My 1st pick is easy....either LJ, LT, or SA will drop to me.

It's my next pick that I'm concerned with. I almost have to go RB, with 4 picks to my 3rd, at least 2 RB will be gone when I pick again. I know I'll be debating taking a top WR or Manning if there....please convince me to take a RB. I picked Manning (1.6) last year and regreted it.

RB that might be left: DDavis, McGahee, Westbrook, JJones, JLewis, Droughns, Parker, KJones, CTaylor

WR: Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Holt, TO, Harrison, Fitzgerald, Moss, Boldin

I doubt Davis or McGahee will be there....If Westbrook or KJones are there I'm taking one of them but can't decide

Westbrook - coming off inj., teams keying on him, but the 1st option in Offense

JJones - RBBC scares me away

JLewis - inconsistancy and Mike Anderson scares me away

Droughns - bad team and lack of TD's scares me away

Parker - Pitt O and RBBC

Jones - underachiever, inj., but in a new exciting O......

C.Taylor - 1st year being the man.

I think I draft Davis, McGahee, Westbrook, or Jones then the best WR available....and stay away from Manning.

Thoughts?

Thanks! :D

I've done 3 mock drafts so far with the #5 overall pick, and in 2 of them I've gone RB in the 1st, WR in the 2nd and 3rd, RB in the 4th, and QB in the 5th. In the last one, I went RB, RB, WR, WR, RB, and that one didnt look as good as either of the first 2. The first 2 mock drafts it has me with a strong core of starters. There are still a lot of quality RB's still there in the 4th and 5th round. I mean I dont think Gore, D Rhoes/Addai, and or the Packers RB's are going to tear it up this year, but I've seen them fall all the way to the 9th round in a 10 team draft. Still some quality there though. That's just my opinion, and I think will be my pre-draft strategy. Although once the real draft takes place, I may change it up to draft the best available player when it comes to me.

I feel that if one of the top tier receivers are there you need to grab them. I really like Chester Taylor. Don't forget about Bush, I know its a stretch taking him that early. Think about those swing passes to him in the open field, and what he can do with the ball. I would say away from D. Davis with that injury, and J. Jones with the RBBC.

I feel that if one of the top tier receivers are there you need to grab them. I really like Chester Taylor. Don't forget about Bush, I know its a stretch taking him that early. Think about those swing passes to him in the open field, and what he can do with the ball. I would say away from D. Davis with that injury, and J. Jones with the RBBC.

Didn't read my post before I posted it. Me personally would go with a WR in the 2nd, and probably will go with one in the 3rd as well. In my opinion, WR's are JUST as important as RB's.

With one of the big three in the fold already at 2.08 I think you have the luxury of looking to another RB later and you have to look long and strong at one of the WRs ... and maybe even another WR at 3.03 if one of them is there.

All of the RBs you listed have questions surrounding them.

I'm not a big fan of taking a QB in the 1st 3 rounds, even if it is Manning.

Just my :D

Didn't read my post before I posted it. Me personally would go with a WR in the 2nd, and probably will go with one in the 3rd as well. In my opinion, WR's are JUST as important as RB's.

In Fanstasy its starting to go that way. I've been playing this game since 1992, early on you could never have enough running backs, but now with RBBC, you only have 5 maybe 6 real starters. That makes the WR even more important. I had my 1st draft this past weekend, ( keeper league ) 1st pick C. Williams,

2nd R. Moss, 3rd Shockey, then took Duece with my 4th. So going RB, WR, WR, RB was a 1st for me.

If Chester is there I would consider very strongly choosing him. Look what Childress did for Westy in Phi. and Chester is a better pure runner. He should offer great value to teams that draft him in the late 2nd early 3rd this year, barring injury of course. Plus it is a virtual lock that the teams between you and your 3rd pick will not draft 4 straight WRs, which would still leave you with decent choices at that position when you pick in the 3rd.

Thanks guys....yeah I'm considering taking WR with both my 2/3 picks....especially if there is some top 5 talent there. I don't want to be left picking at the end of both the RB and WR runs.

Then with my 4th/5th picks I grab a RB and then a TE/QB.

Unless Caddy, Rudi, McGahee or Jordan drop to me in the second.....I may take a pass on Westy/KJones. :D

Sorry this took so long, but work has been crazy - thanks for your reply to mine. I'd shy away from both DDavis and McGahee for different reasons, but I think Parker and Bush will be solid.

But you should seriously consider a top WR first. Any of those top 7 with the possible exception of RMoss - his QB sitch scares me.

Now for your 3rd, Parker or Bush if they're still there. Too many damn Jones for RBs - did you mean JJones, KJones or TJones? I'd consider KJones, but not the other 2.

Good luck.