Shorttynaz

S Jackson, R Brown, or T Barber

Hate to keep beating a dead horse, but it's your pick in the first round in a 10 team standard draft league.

Scoring = 1pt per 10yrds rushing/receiving; 6 pts per TD; 3 pt bonus for 100 yrd rushing game.

I like Barber the best cause of his experience and the offense he plays in, however I cannot justify the difference if Jacobs will still be mopping up the TD's when Barber got them all the way down the field. My personal choice is SJAX, cause he is the pure #1 RB there, but as it has been said before, he's only a top back as long as Bulger is healthy, in which I would not put any amount of $$ riding on him staying healthy for an entire season. Which leaves me with R Brown. I know that this kid has huge upside and potential, and without R Williams there to steal carries away that only solidifys his value that much more. I am just not too comfortable in taking a sophomore RB this early in the draft. Seen it way too much. The dreaded "Sophomore Slump". K Jones had it, J Jones had it last year. Manning is gone, and I'm not taking any chances on Portis. Who do you take????

Where in the 1st round?

It's Russian Roulette with Barber ... if this is the year the chamber comes up loaded then he's going to make lots of people regret taking him too high. If the chamber comes up empty again them he will make lots of people regret passing on him. Whether the chamber or loaded or not is a matter of personal opinion at this point, but there is no doubt Barber was a bonafide stud last year.

I think SJackson will be fine even if Bulger gets hurt, but certain take a bit of a hit under that scenario. Hard to pass on a player you like because you think another player might get hurt and cause a decline in his numbers.

The sophomore jinx does loom on the horizon .... but I think RBrown is a stud in the making. My only concern is if he can carry the load for a whole year, something he has never done even in college.

JJones didn't have sophomore slump he was unable to stay healthy both years in the league ... it's just his 1st year he was out the 1st part of the season and last year he was out middle to late part of the season.

KJones plays for a horrible team and it's hard to blame him when he didn't get the chances to excel. You can only work with the chances you get, although he has had a bit of an injury bug as well.

Where in the 1st round?

LT, SA, LJ, and Manning are the 1st 4 picks.

The player at 3 made a mistake taking Manning, especially in a 10 team league. Until last night Portis would have been the lock right here. Personally I probably grab Barber. His offense has not changed and I see no reason he won't perform at or near to his level last year

The player at 3 made a mistake taking Manning, especially in a 10 team league. Until last night Portis would have been the lock right here. Personally I probably grab Barber. His offense has not changed and I see no reason he won't perform at or near to his level last year

i agree Manning @ 4 was most likely ? a mistake but in a 6pt per TD league he is going top 7 all day long.

i like Tiki #5 also

i grabbed him at #7 in a 14 team league and got Westbrook on the way back.

i agree Manning @ 4 was most likely ? a mistake but in a 6pt per TD league he is going top 7 all day long.

i like Tiki #5 also

i grabbed him at #7 in a 14 team league and got Westbrook on the way back.

Since Manning won't be the only QB getting 6 points that fact is irrelevant.

A no it is relevant Grits as Manning might have another one of those magical years with a question mark for a running game. Now I wouldn't take him in a 10 team league that early but I know of many others who would especially because of the scoring system.

6pts per td does make a differance - it bumps him from

#14 overall ( on my list ) to #11

one of the reasons Manning is worth more than other QB's is he never gets hurt.

A no it is relevant Grits as Manning might have another one of those magical years with a question mark for a running game. Now I wouldn't take him in a 10 team league that early but I know of many others who would especially because of the scoring system.

Yes he could, but he could also have a year like last year where he wasn't consistenly above QB's you could get far later. Palmer and Brady last year for example. I would go Tiki as well.

Neither has Brady and in a Huddle mock he went early round 5.

Edited by Randall

All the other QBs move up the list too ... so the relative difference between the QBs remains unchanged. While the drop off in RBs is still as severe as ever.