[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who did you "Come up" with at the huddle ?

whomper

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

me

So I'm thinking solely on the basis of you and me that the class of 2000 kicks the crap out of 2003.

:D Wait for an '03 noob to chime in...............Yup....there you are. Gil 'Noob' Thorp!

I'd take you both down, and leave my 03' mates to clean up the rest. :D

:D<me

:D<Gil

I've been here longer than most. I think it was 1997 when I first came on. Then, when we originally got our member numbers, I was number 60. I kept losing passwords and had a few different Menudo variations, which oddly all had 60 in the member number, I even had 6060, if I remember correctly.....

I was on around the same time as you. I remember checking the June cuts during student teaching... while Menudo was ripped by the "vets". I posted a little pre-Delphi, and then waited for the original to return. It's all a bit hazy back then.

me

So I'm thinking solely on the basis of you and me that the class of 2000 kicks the crap out of 2003.

I must have been 2000 as well. My join date is listed as 2001, and I was around for at least one season prior to the switchover.

I dunno.

1997 was the first year with only about 10 total members. Canuckleheads, Skippy, Big Country, Riffraff, Roland, and Dorey (and his 50 aliases). Not sure, but KidCid may have been from that era. Added in Untateve.

---------------------------------------

1998, the late night (OldBay?) chat sessions with the Zombie Squad. Too sick to talk about, too entertaining to forget.

The Hall of Fame was also in 1998.

It spawned the Huddle League movement (I believe it was in this order):

1. HOFFA (Hall of Fame Football Association) - Elitists!

2. RAGE (Really Almost Good Enough)

3. F-OFF (pretty much self-explanatory)

4. DASH-4 (Don't remember the acronymn)

5. OFTT (One For The Thumb)

The "Interleague Challenge" was formed to take down the HOFFA participants (prove everyone was just as good). Even with all the rules skewed away from HOFFA scoring, GRIDIRON ASSASSIN won the tournament anyways for HOFFA.

Huddled Masses was the original messageboard league before them all. Followed by MBRFFL, HOFFA, etc.

"Deathmatches" - enough said.

Who's the guy with the dominoes and the Huddle Hat?

Dustdon (WaKCo) was the first unofficial Mystery Huddler (no competition, just a "who's this?" type of thing).

In 1999, the first official Mystery Huddler was Riffraff, hosted by Dorey since Riffraff couldn't "host" himself.

Riffraff then hosted from that point on for 4 years (1999-2002).

1999 also had a few Dynasty leagues form:

First was one with Penguin, Mad Cow, and 10 others, the name escapes me at the moment.

Usual Suspects was next. Pissed alot of people off to not get selected to join the league. More dang elitists!

2000 was the year in which the web's first Survivor League was made.

HEFFA (Huddle Elimination Free For All) - OKIPAPPA's dream come true.

.... long pause....

There was this thing called "the Fox merger" and the rest was stricken from the record.

Edited by Riffraff

blitzkrieg, xpanda, menduo, kings123, posty, beakerpunk, House of Pain, Ramhock, Bronco Billy, riffraff, Gridiron Assassin, Defector, Space Ghost, superkaratemonkeydeathcar, Big F;n Dave, proninja, Foosball God, Sgt. Ryan/Tendernads, Deranged Hermit to name a few....

Edited by Controller

The one name I remember posting with when I first started was Bronco Billy. I think I had to register again in August of 2001, so that name may be from before that point, I'm not sure. When I first started most of my posts were in the NFL Football forum. Six years is a long time.

Edit to add: I remember several of the folks that Contoller listed above as well. Those were good times.

I remember coming to this site in 1998 or 99 after punching "Fantasy Football Advice" into a search engine. I used the Huddle's Start/Bench list religiously until I realized that DMD was dead wrong most of the time :D

Edited by Cyclones

1997 was the first year with only about 10 total members. Canuckleheads, Skippy, Big Country, Riffraff, Roland, and Dorey (and his 50 aliases). Not sure, but KidCid may have been from that era.

1998, the late night (OldBay?) chat sessions with the Zombie Squad. Too sick to talk about, too entertaining to forget.

The Hall of Fame was also in 1998.

It spawned the Huddle League movement (I believe it was in this order):

1. HOFFA (Hall of Fame Football Association) - Elitists!

2. RAGE (Really Almost Good Enough)

3. F-OFF (pretty much self-explanatory)

4. DASH-4 (Don't remember the acronymn)

5. OFTT (One For The Thumb)

The "Interleague Challenge" was formed to take down the HOFFA participants (prove everyone was just as good). Even with all the rules skewed away from HOFFA scoring, GRIDIRON ASSASSIN won the tournament anyways for HOFFA.

MBRFFL was the original messageboard league before them all.

"Deathmatches" - enough said.

Who's the guy with the dominoes and the Huddle Hat?

Dustdon (WaKCo) was the first unofficial Mystery Huddler (no competition, just a "who's this?" type of thing).

In 1999, the first official Mystery Huddler was Riffraff, hosted by Dorey since Riffraff couldn't "host" himself.

Riffraff then hosted from that point on for 4 years (1999-2002).

1999 also had a few Dynasty leagues form:

First was one with Penguin, Mad Cow, and 10 others, the name escapes me at the moment.

Usual Suspects was next. Pissed alot of people off to not get selected to join the league. More dang elitists!

2000 was the year in which the web's first Survivor League was made.

HEFFA (Huddle Elimination Free For All) - OKIPAPPA's dream come true.

.... long pause....

There was this thing called "the Fox merger" and the rest was stricken from the record.

Very good and very accurate except for one thing that is always overlooked. "MBRFFL was the original messageboard league before them all." This is the mistake that most of you make. Huddled Masses was the first born of the message board league. It started out as a mock draft that ended up a league. Big Country, Can'head, TheKing, MikeC, and myself were all there. I don't remember exactly who else but that group really was first. I know this because the MBRFFL came along and suggested they were first and we always let them know that Huddled Masses was already rolling.

Very good and very accurate except for one thing that is always overlooked. "MBRFFL was the original messageboard league before them all." This is the mistake that most of you make. Huddled Masses was the first born of the message board league. It started out as a mock draft that ended up a league. Big Country, Can'head, TheKing, MikeC, and myself were all there. I don't remember exactly who else but that group really was first. I know this because the MBRFFL came along and suggested they were first and we always let them know that Huddled Masses was already rolling.

THEKING is still around, still in Dash-4...he lurks for the most part. He's probably reading this right now. I see him every december when I go to connecticut to visit my wife's family.