[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colts IDP

Bethea was getting the start alongside Sanders, even with Doss healthy. Don't know for sure, but I don't see that changing.

good info here... when Doss became healthy back in Week 3 local voice of the Colts Bob Lamey was referring to him as "backup safety Mike Doss"

hasn't changed since then and likely won't unless Bethea succumbs to injury or Doss steps it up

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doss tore his ACL and is out for the year.

Sanders is expected back in week 8 according to KFFL - so that will probably mean Sanders and Bethea - but who will play closer to the LOS and be more in the box? Will they let Bethea hang out in the secondary and put Sanders up closer like they use to or will Sanders be the safety that hangs back and they bring Bethea up for run support? That is now the million dollar question? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Sanders gets his usual role of playing close to the line of scrimmage.

He played great against the Pats.

For the upcoming Week 10 vs. Buffalo, it appears that starting MLB Gary Brackett may not play due to a hamstring pull. His back-up, Rob Morris, was inactive against the Pats with a hammy too. Rookie Freddie Keiaho may get the start if both are unable to go again.

Cap'n awesome insight all over this thread. This is the only thing I slightly disagree on. I believe like you said that Gardner will be more of a coverage LB so I don't see him stealing too many tackles from Brackett who had 127 tackles last year 92 solo. I think he could do even better this year with really his 2nd year with the starting MLB job. June shined last year and gets most of the plays, but IMO Brackett is very solid this year to get over 130 tackles.

Have June and Brackett and am love with both of um.

From KFFL

Colts | Sanders misses practice Wednesday

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:30:29 -0800

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indianapolis Colts FS Bob Sanders (knee) missed practice Wednesday, Nov. 15, but is expected to play Week 11.

So he misses practice but is still expected to start :D:D same ol line of *** Doesn't tell us much.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the Bethea injury?

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS AT TENNESSEE TITANS

Indianapolis Colts

OUT TE Dallas Clark (Knee)

QUESTIONABLE CB Antoine Bethea (Shoulder); DT Raheem Brock (Chest); T

Ryan Diem (Abdomen); LB Gilbert Gardner (Rib); CB Nicholas

Harper (Groin); LB Keith O'Neil (Ankle); S Bob Sanders (Knee);

WR Brandon Stokley (Knee)

PROBABLE TE Ben Utecht (Knee)

Listed players who did not participate in ''team'' practice:

(Defined as missing any portion of 11-on-11 team work)

WED Dallas Clark; Montae Reagor; Ryan Diem; Gilbert Gardner;

Nicholas Harper; Keith O'Neil; Antoine Bethea

THURS Dallas Clark; Ryan Diem; Keith O'Neil; Bob Sanders; Brandon

Stokley; Antoine Bethea

FRI Dallas Clark; Antoine Bethea; Ryan Diem; Keith O'Neil

Edited by Randall

Sanders practiced Friday. Looks like he will play on Sunday vs. the Titans. Bethea does not. Marlin Jackson will most likely start at the other safety spot. It also looks like Gilbert Gardner will also play after missing the Philly game.

Montae Reagor was placed on IR.

Sanders practiced Friday. Looks like he will play on Sunday vs. the Titans. Bethea does not. Marlin Jackson will most likely start at the other safety spot. It also looks like Gilbert Gardner will also play after missing the Philly game.

Montae Reagor was placed on IR.

safety Antoine Bethea will be game-time decisions, coach Tony Dungy said.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/9842350

Agreed don't think they'll put their new rookie stud in danger especially when they are playing TEN and up a game in the AFC race. TEN has been playing well, but they're still TEN in my eyes and I think Peyton goes bananas this game.

Does anyone have any updated/insider info on Sanders for week 14? This was the latest info that I saw on rotowire...

Sanders (knee) is listed as questionable on the injury report against Jacksonville and missed practice on Wednesday, the team's official web site reports. Sanders had three tackles and assisted on two others last Sunday after missing three weeks. It's hard to know if this is a planned day of rest or a setback. Check his status later this week.

Anymore info on Bethea - I would think if both Sanders and Bethea plays they both could do well??

I'd really like to see some more info on Bethea also if anyone has any updates. I have both Bethea and Sanders on my roster but obviously would prefer to start Sanders if he's playing.