[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KRob arrested

BillyBalata

Wish I could say I was surprised by this. I agree it's a shame he has an addiction and I feel bad for the guy but at some point you have to take personal responsibility and pull yourself together. Not saying it is easy but plenty of people have done it successfully. This man has NFL caliber talent and was given another chance after screwing up several times in the past, now he blows it again. What a waste.

These stories always boggle my mind. I still can't believe Odell Thurman is suspended. He looked like a future pro bowler last year. The careers and potential achievements these guys piss away because of some substances...just sad.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So many times we see athletes being given 2nd, 3rd, 4th...8th chances. How many did Steve Howe get? He's a pro athlete and the lifestyle he leads, in season and off season, is far and away so much different than that of the normal person.

I do not know a whole lot about alcoholism bit it seems to me that if anyone (the courts, the team, HIMSELF) wants to help, he needs to be forced to stay away from football for a couple if years to really clean himself up. Only then should he attempt to come back. I am not saying that he will be able to stay clean for life because once he comes back, there are would be awful lot of temptation around him.

Because he is an athlete, he'll probably be given the benefit of the doubt and will probably play this season (somewhere), but that only serves to make the situation worse. I feel for the guy because I do know it is an illness.

I don't think so. He's subject to a 1 year suspension. He and Ricky may be teammates soon.

The real problem isn't football, it's staying away from people and situations where alcohol and drugs are used. It's hard to give up on your friends.

I don't think so. He's subject to a 1 year suspension. He and Ricky may be teammates soon.

The real problem isn't football, it's staying away from people and situations where alcohol and drugs are used. It's hard to give up on your friends.

Friends don't let friends drive drunk! :D Vikings "talent" is going downhill fast. Bring back Rammy Moss!! :D

Definitely didin't mean to imply it is solely football that's causing the problem. You are right. It could be his "friends" that make it worse...but think about this: if he were out of football, how many of those "friends" would still be around? My guess is that the ones who are a bad influence would not be there.

He may still have these problems because ultimately, he has to be responsible.

Wow, KRob had become such a good liar, all of us were buying his sobriety and straight path he was on.

Sad, locally here in Seattle- similar situatuion with Jerramy Stevens, DUI's, says he is clean, doesn't go out drinking anymore, all BS. I have friends that see him out with his double crown & cokes all the time.......

Here's an idea, CALL A CAB. It's not like you can't afford it. Instead you get behind the wheel, endangering everyone on the road, and bring more humiliation to a team that's had more than its fair share? Enough already. This guy is a selfish pr!ck.

I think this is tragically sad and just underscores the fact that it doesn't matter how much talent or money you have if there are demons you just cannot escape. I honestly thing they guy has top 10 talent in the right situation but he could never deliver on the promise because of the bottle.

Definitely didin't mean to imply it is solely football that's causing the problem. You are right. It could be his "friends" that make it worse...but think about this: if he were out of football, how many of those "friends" would still be around? My guess is that the ones who are a bad influence would not be there.

He may still have these problems because ultimately, he has to be responsible.

Good point, but if he was he'd still have money and even more time to spend it. If it happened before he got paid they'd probably be gone.

Also he knows all these things because AA warns him constantly about changing the way he lives.

Friends don't let friends drive drunk! :D Vikings "talent" is going downhill fast. Bring back Rammy Moss!! :D

No, not real friends. I should have done it thusly "freinds". Real ones would try and stop him from drinking too.

Edited by Randall

Here's an idea, CALL A CAB. It's not like you can't afford it. Instead you get behind the wheel, endangering everyone on the road....

I NEVER understand this either. Hire a driver....call a cab....call a friend. :D

I really feel for the guy. Looking a little below the surface here, sounds like he was initially speeding to get back before curfew. Whether or not he actually was impaired....or just a bad driver who made a bad decision to beat it home is still up for debate. Just saying...."under SUSPICION of DUI" is not necessarily driving drunk. Trying not to jump to the worst conclusion, but it could just be reckless operation. :D

I think this is tragically sad and just underscores the fact that it doesn't matter how much talent or money you have if there are demons you just cannot escape. I honestly think the guy has top 10 talent in the right situation but he could never deliver on the promise because of the bottle.

Gotta agree, DMD. He looked good Monday night....nice piece by Suzy....sounded like he was really working hard on banishing the demons and turning his life around. This is truly sad.

I can't understand why society is so hung up on DWIs in the first place. :D

People (and the government) need to quit trying to micro-manage other people's lives. :D

Driving 100 mph while drunk and evading police is probably a different animal than getting nabbed for 0.08 after dinner at the Outback.

Driving 100 mph while drunk and evading police is probably a different animal than getting nabbed for 0.08 after dinner at the Outback.

And he wouldn't have been doing that if the fascist government enforcers hadn't been trying to oppress him. :D

Edited by DKF

People (and the government) need to quit trying to micro-manage other people's lives. :D

Maybe if someone you loved was slaughtered in a brutally violent collision on the highway by some drunken idiot, you'd understand the harsh penalties. Ever seen what happens to someone in some of these high speed collisions? The ones who die instantly are the lucky ones. Ironically the drunks usually sustain fewer injuries. The alcohol relaxes the body, making it more flexible and resilient in a crash. An alert person tenses up, causing more trauma.

Maybe if someone you loved was slaughtered in a brutally violent collision on the highway by some drunken idiot, you'd understand the harsh penalties. Ever seen what happens to someone in some of these high speed collisions? The ones who die instantly are the lucky ones. Ironically the drunks usually sustain fewer injuries. The alcohol relaxes the body, making it more flexible and resilient in a crash. An alert person tenses up, causing more trauma.

I understand the potential for death and carnage quite well. As much as a think a person who gets into an accident from drinking and causes injury, should be incarcerated for many years, it does not overule my conviction that having the 'potential' to cause injury should be a crime.

Many accidents and deaths are also caused by people changing the stations on their car radios or adjusting their air conditioning. Until it is a crime to have those 'potentially' injury causing devices found in a car, I cannot see the difference. :D

I understand the potential for death and carnage quite well. As much as a think a person who gets into an accident from drinking and causes injury, should be incarcerated for many years, it does not overule my conviction that having the 'potential' to cause injury should be a crime.

Many accidents and deaths are also caused by people changing the stations on their car radios or adjusting their air conditioning. Until it is a crime to have those 'potentially' injury causing devices found in a car, I cannot see the difference. :D

Just found this online from the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control:

During 2004, 16,694 people in the U.S. died in alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes, representing 39% of all traffic-related deaths.

So alcohol was responsible for over a third of all traffic fatalities. It is already a crime in many states to talk on a cell phone while driving, because that has been shown to cause accidents also. I don't know how many people die because they were changing the radio station or A/C. My guess is the percentage compared to alcohol is extremely low. But at any rate, to say that if we can't outlaw every potential activity that might cause a fatality, we should not outlaw any of them, is one of the most ignorant arguments I've ever heard. I thought you were being sarcastic with your earlier comments, this one seems serious. Are you just a complete idiot?

:D

But just in case you're serious, be glad the US is not like Romania.

Over there if you're convicted of a DUI, it's the firing squad.

Needless to say, there's not much of a drinking & driving problem in that country. :D