[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KRob arrested

BillyBalata

I don't really understand the "I feel for the guy"....but that's probably because I've kept my addictions in check.

I also know that alcoholism is a disease, and not an easy one to overcome....maybe that is what people are "feeling for him" about.

It would not appear that he'll be playing football for a while, and it did seem like he turned the corner last year.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an idea, CALL A CAB. It's not like you can't afford it. Instead you get behind the wheel, endangering everyone on the road, and bring more humiliation to a team that's had more than its fair share? Enough already. This guy is a selfish pr!ck.

He's an alcoholic, not a selfish prick. When you're hammered you are not thinking straight and are convinced you can make it home safely. Which is why I don't drive to bars anymore.

Edited by MrEdway

He's an alcoholic, not a selfish prick. When you're hammered you are not thinking straight and are convinced you can make it home safely. Which is why I don't drive to bars anymore.

Oh he's an alcoholic, okay you're right, he's not selfish. Poor guy has a disease. He can't help himself. What was I thinking, he couldn't call a cab, he's an alcoholic. Can't expect the guy to think straight when he's drunk. They should let him go.

Oh he's an alcoholic, okay you're right, he's not selfish. Poor guy has a disease. He can't help himself. What was I thinking, he couldn't call a cab, he's an alcoholic. Can't expect the guy to think straight when he's drunk. They should let him go.

That's not what he's saying matt770.

What he's saying is that your decision making ability gets all out of whack when you're inebriated. K-Rob and probably 99.9% of all people would never make the decision to drive drunk when they're sobre. All bets are off when you're drunk.

What he's saying is that your decision making ability gets all out of whack when you're inebriated. K-Rob and probably 99.9% of all people would never make the decision to drive drunk when they're sobre. All bets are off when you're drunk.

Exactly Big Score. Thank you.

K-Rob made the decision to ruin his career before he even took a drink last night. When he got into his car and drove (sober) to a bar, it was all over.

Then don't get drunk.

K. Robinson Charged Fleeing Police, DWI

Sean Jensen, Pioneer Press - [Full Article]

Minnesota Vikings WR Koren Robinson was charged with one count of felony fleeing police, two counts of fourth-degree driving while impaired, and one count each of reckless driving, careless driving and driving with a suspended license, according to a formal complaint filed today in Nicollet County District Court. The complaint said the Vikings wide receiver was clocked driving 104 mph in a 55-mph zone in St. Peter, MN Tuesday night. The preliminary breath test indicated that his blood-alcohol level was .11, but a later test, at 12:18 a.m., showed his blood-alcohol was at .09. The state limit is .08. During a hearing this afternoon, a judge set Robinson's bail at $50,000 bail.

I had long thought of Koren Robinson as one of the dumber individuals walking God's green earth. Needless to say, it made me sick to my stomach when I heard the Vikings were thinking about picking him up last year. They did, and he played pretty well. Seemed to have himself squared away, too. I was getting to the point where I was admitting I may have misjudged him. But not now. What he did the other night confirms(IMO) that he is galactically stupid. Number one, he is not to be drinking AT ALL. Two, his license was revoked, so(sober or not) he was not to be driving AT ALL. Bad enough he falls off the wagon, but he drives himself and then attempts to flee when pursued. If he was gonna puss out and go back to the sauce, atleast have the common sense to get a ride! Never ceases to amaze me how many athletes and celebs get in trouble driving themselves. These people are rich. Get a limo or something for the love of God!

And yeah, I said he pussed out when he went back to the booze. I dont buy that alcoholism is a disease. I believe the disease is lack of willpower and self dicipline. Same reason over 30% of Americans are obese. Many people today are not tough enough to say no to themselves and deny their urges. Could help explain why over 50% of marriages end in divorce(many due to infidelity) as well.

Apologies for the rant, but I am just sick and tired of this kind of crap. :D

I dont buy that alcoholism is a disease. I believe the disease is lack of willpower and self dicipline. Same reason over 30% of Americans are obese. Many people today are not tough enough to say no to themselves and deny their urges. Could help explain why over 50% of marriages end in divorce(many due to infidelity) as well.

THAT might just be the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board.

Just found this online from the National Center for Injury Prevention and Control:

During 2004, 16,694 people in the U.S. died in alcohol-related motor vehicle crashes, representing 39% of all traffic-related deaths.

So alcohol was responsible for over a third of all traffic fatalities. It is already a crime in many states to talk on a cell phone while driving, because that has been shown to cause accidents also. I don't know how many people die because they were changing the radio station or A/C. My guess is the percentage compared to alcohol is extremely low. But at any rate, to say that if we can't outlaw every potential activity that might cause a fatality, we should not outlaw any of them, is one of the most ignorant arguments I've ever heard. I thought you were being sarcastic with your earlier comments, this one seems serious. Are you just a complete idiot?

Bottom line is it all has 'potential'. It all comes down to percentages. I have a problem with other people drawing arbitrary lines based on what they feel is a numerically allowable number of fatalities.

When a person actually harms another human punish him. Do not punish him because his 'potential' to harm someone has exceeded an number that you arbitrarily establish. :D

According to your arguement if weather is responsible for 40% of fatalities, then no one should be able to drive in the rain or snow. :D

Edited by DKF