[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offenses that will s#ck

Jackass

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jets: I see no exception here

Packers: I'd take driver and that's it

Bills: I would take Evans at the right spot and McGahee at the right spot...

Raiders: I would take RMoss...but until Walter takes over, I don't like LJ2 or Gabriel/Curry/Porter....whomever is the #2...

I would say Texans but I think Carr will be serviceable...Moulds will be pretty good as a #3 and AJ will have his best year, IMO...

I think that BUF, CLE, and HOU will be somewhat decent this year, especially the latter two. The Jets, Bears, Niners, and Raiders will not be able to throw the ball for crap, though. Outside of Portis, I'm not high on the Skins, either.

You mentally challenged? Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Randel EL, Cooley AND Portis outa the backfield.... who do you double? Brunell is gonna be seeing man coverage all season long AND a short field.

You mentally challenged? Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Randel EL, Cooley AND Portis outa the backfield.... who do you double? Brunell is gonna be seeing man coverage all season long AND a short field.

I think this thread is about picking players for your fantasy team DemonKnight.

Cooley would be a good TE. I imagine he just slipped Bill's mind.

Mini Moss too.

I think the rest are pretty useless for fantasy purposes though. Maybe Lloyd as a bye week filler. :D

I think this thread is about picking players for your fantasy team DemonKnight.

Cooley would be a good TE. I imagine he just slipped Bill's mind.

Mini Moss too.

I think the rest are pretty useless for fantasy purposes though. Maybe Lloyd as a bye week filler. :D

Gotta agree there with the inclusion of CPortis along with Smurf Moss and Cooley.

Jets - new coach, recovering QB, no RB, no WR, Defense will be on the field all day.

Raiders - no QB, no Defense and Moss is already starting to show his a$$.

Browns - new QB, no OL, WRs are possible bye week fillins because they will be playing catchup. RB, oh well, I already drafted Droughns before he lost 2, and now possibly a third, center. :D

No, but my memory goes back past 2005 and I understand that what a player does in a different system with a different supporting cast doesn't translate into success in the Redskins offense. I also know that the Redskins do not have a halfway decent backup QB this season.

THIRTY-SIX-year-old Mark Brunell will be throwing to those guys from behind a below-average O-line. If he gets hurt again (like he did in two of the past three seasons), that whole offense is screwed when Todd Collins takes his place.

Raiders: I would take RMoss...but until Walter takes over, I don't like LJ2 or Gabriel/Curry/Porter....whomever is the #2...

I would say Texans but I think Carr will be serviceable...Moulds will be pretty good as a #3 and AJ will have his best year, IMO...

I agree with this except I won't be drafting Randy Moss because I'm not willing to draft him as high as someone surely will.

you can look at how teams sucked last yr and the number of plays they ran and then try to figure out

what % said players will account for LINK

fwiw SF and NYJ ran by far the fewest offensive snaps last yr and that in and of itself means less opportunity to

produce any kind of stats

No, but my memory goes back past 2005 and I understand that what a player does in a different system with a different supporting cast doesn't translate into success in the Redskins offense. I also know that the Redskins do not have a halfway decent backup QB this season.

THIRTY-SIX-year-old Mark Brunell will be throwing to those guys from behind a below-average O-line. If he gets hurt again (like he did in two of the past three seasons), that whole offense is screwed when Todd Collins takes his place.

:D

I'd say the Skins have one of the NFL's top 5 starting O'lines Bill.

Now depth...that's a concern.

:D

I'd say the Skins have one of the NFL's top 5 starting O'lines Bill.

They were terrible two years ago, but now they're a Top 5 unit? I don't agree with that. They're not terrible now, but are still average at best.

The Huddle has put them in the "Treading Water" category.

Edited by Bill Swerski

They were terrible two years ago, but now they're a Top 5 unit? I don't agree with that. They're not terrible now, but are still average at best.

That has Houston and Arizona far better than St Louis though. I'll believe that when I see it.

Swerski- 3rd time we agree - I have been saying all long this is the year the wheels come off Brunell. I think this Offense is overrated. Once they can't throw the ball with success, I see Portis possibly struggling-

Portis is still a quality rb- although I do think he will not live up to expectations

Moss- numbers will take a hit

Lloyd & Randle El- please

Pretty spot on- although I think the Raiders will get it together- how long that takes, not sure. I still like LJ2, but not Porter/WR2-

also throw in the mix Det, Cle, Tenn- all 3 will need to show me

you can look at how teams sucked last yr and the number of plays they ran and then try to figure out

what % said players will account for LINK

fwiw SF and NYJ ran by far the fewest offensive snaps last yr and that in and of itself means less opportunity to

produce any kind of stats

That's good info. :D

Look at the personnel difference from two years ago, to today. I would suggest you avoid looking in the rear view mirror too hard.

And not to diss the Huddle's rankings, but lots of other sites (both strict fantasy football sites and main stream sports sites) have the Skins O'line ranked Top 10 to Top 5. :D

I think Brunell goes down this year as well...he's about due for another affliction...

And I'm not so sure Todd Collins takes his place...Collins is better at calling in plays from the sideline than actually running them...

I think they put Campbell out there at some point this year...this kid has got some decent tools to work with and JMHO once he gets a bit of experience he'll put up the same or better numbers than Eli...

They were defenitly middle of the pack last year. 38 sacks allowed ranked 18th (tied with bills). IIRC Chris Samuels was a 1st round draft pick who hasnt quite lived up to his potential. I think the addition of Al Saunders will have this OL playing up to its full potential (barring injury). I'm predicting top 5 in rushing yards and sacks allowed.

Fantasy wise, players I wouldent mind having:

Clinton Portis- Will start the season, will get 1200+ yards, will get 15+TD's, will wear funny outfits on Thursdays. :D

Chris Cooley- 2005 (3rd season) 71/774/10 is defenitly money in TE man. leagues and would make a solid #3 wr. I see an uptick in his stats with the addition of Saunders (see Gonzalez).

Santana Moss- 2005 84/1483/9 Lower tier #1wr awesome #2. I see a pretty big drop off in production for him this year in yardage. The Skins wont be playing from behind as much as last year and they have a solid chain mover in RandelEl.

Redskins Team D- They are flying all over the field this pre-season. Had a bit of a drop-off last year but in 2004 they were a top 5 fantasy D in my league. I see a return to '04 form this year. Expect a lot of picks and fumbles caused by this secondary: CB's Carlos Rodgers/Sean Springs S's Adam Archuletta/Sean Taylor. All big hitters. I see many dropped passes/forced fumbles/interceptions. Shorter fields means more points for everyone.

Brandon Lloyd- He has always been the #1 wr on a team with no running game and no other wr threats. We've all seen his many highlight reel grabs. Without the constant double teams I think he has the chance to steal the #1 spot. I will be targeting him as my #4/5 wr flier.

So for you to lump this offense in with the Jets and the Texans is obviously utter nonsense and I accept your apology sir. :D