[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade advice needed

irish

I missed one of my Yahoo drafts and my team was autopicked for me. This is what I ended up with:

QB- Palmer, no backup but there are a couple I can pick up (Brunell, Brooks, Rivers, Volek)

RB- Rudi, Dunn, C. Martin, Mike Bell, Lundy, Morency, Suggs

WR- C. Johnson, Mason, S. Parker, T. Williamson

TE- Crumpler, Winslow

K- Elam

DEF- Chicago

I was offered a trade to help with my bye week issues at RB. I get Willie Parker, Greg Jones and Michael Clayton. I give up Rudi, Lundy and Samie Parker. Who you do that deal?

My team would then look like:

QB- Palmer, no backup but there are a couple I can pick up (Brunell, Brooks, Rivers, Volek)

RB- Parker, Dunn, C. Martin, Mike Bell, Greg Jones, Morency, Suggs

WR- C. Johnson, Mason, Michael Clayton, T. Williamson

TE- Crumpler, Winslow

K- Elam

DEF- Chicago

I was even thinking about picking up Rivers and dropping Suggs

This is only a 10 team league and I think my team sucks. Scoring 30 yds pass- 1 pt, pass td-4 pts, 10 yds rush/rec- 1 pt, rush/rec td- 6 pts. No roster restrictions.

Edited by irish

I was offered a trade to help with my bye week issues at RB. I get Willie Parker, Greg Jones and Michael Clayton. I give up Rudi, Lundy and Samie Parker. Who you do that deal?

My team would then look like:

RB- Parker, Dunn, C. Martin, Mike Bell, Greg Jones, Morency, Suggs

WR- C. Johnson, Mason, Michael Clayton, T. Williamson

TE- Crumpler, Winslow

K- Elam

DEF- Chicago

I was even thinking about picking up Rivers and dropping Suggs

First of all, I would drop Suggs and pick up Rivers ASAP. His stock is rising FAST and the rest of those QBs you mentioned have a lot more downside than upside.

Second, I would take that deal. If Willie Parker starts getting the goalline work, even half of it, he should be fairly equal to Rudi in value.

I like Lundy a lot and I think he will be the starter in Houston before it's all said and done, but there's already noise here in Jax that Greg Jones has an opportunity to challenge Fred Taylor for the starting role as well. Taylor is in a contract year, so I think Del Rio may want to see if Jones can be his primary back or not. Either way, Jones is a lock to receive a decent amount of playing time, especially near the goalline where Taylor has NEVER been effective.

Finally, Clayton's draft value took a big hit due to his bout with turf toe becasue everyone is gun shy from last year. This is the same guy that was climbing up the draft boards so fast it wasn't even funny a couple of weeks ago. I still think he has more upside than Sammie Parker.

Honestly though, it's a well balanced trade and that's going to make it a close call. After all, the only proven player in this deal is Rudi, so there is definiitely some risk involved. Just see what the Huddlers think and go with the consensus and whatever your gut is telling you to do.

I felt it was a pretty fair deal as well. However, I hated giving up Rudi but think that Willie Parker and the upgrade with Clayton over S. Parker should do me well. I view Lundy and Greg Jones as even as they both could end up starting but if they don't Jones will be better as he'll see more time especially as the goal line back.

But I'm just looking to see what others think.

How about if I traded Rudi for L. Jordan or Edge straight up? However, all players from the Raiders scare me right now. Zona's line scares me, as well as I don't think the Edge owner would do the deal any way.

Edited by irish

How about Rudi for Portis. I doubt the owner will go for it but... who knows.

I could also make it Rudi and Chad johnson for Portis and Holt.

I could also make it Rudi and Chad johnson for Portis and Holt.

i would do that in a second

i wouldn't get too stoked about lundi. d davis is an injury risk but there are other backs ahead of him that hurt his chances of being productive in redraft leagues. he's a great dynasty prospect but may not se much action this season. just my opinion.

i would do that in a second

i wouldn't get too stoked about lundi. d davis is an injury risk but there are other backs ahead of him that hurt his chances of being productive in redraft leagues. he's a great dynasty prospect but may not se much action this season. just my opinion.

If you look back at my original post i also have Morency so I basically have the fall back guy to DD unless A. Smith becomes the man man and he's also available. I have to do something or week 5 is going to be rough. I feel it will be rough any way as Palmer, Rudi, Dunn, Lundy/Morency, Chad Johnson and Alge are all week 5 byes. I will be starting Rivers, Mike Bell, CMart, Mason , S. Parker, Williamson and Winslow. OOOFF!!

I missed one of my Yahoo drafts and my team was autopicked for me. This is what I ended up with:

RB- Rudi, Dunn, C. Martin, Mike Bell, Lundy, Morency, Suggs

WR- C. Johnson, Mason, S. Parker, T. Williamson

TE- Crumpler, Winslow

K- Elam

DEF- Chicago

I was even thinking about picking up Rivers and dropping Suggs Sweet!

This is only a 10 team league and I think my team sucks. Scoring 30 yds pass- 1 pt, pass td-4 pts, 10 yds rush/rec- 1 pt, rush/rec td- 6 pts. No roster restrictions.

Rudi will give you 1100 to 1400 rushing yards and 8-12 TDs. FWP might give you the same yards but I don't think he will have double digit TDs. IMO Dunn will give more/less the same as FWP. Morency has a lot of upside.

I think your WR with CJ & Mason are really good as well as Crumpler.

Backing Up Palmer with Rivers is a really good idea.

I think you were really lucky to have come up with this roster without pre-drafting and on autopick, except for the Martin & Suggs picks. :D

You can probably sit and wait until the season's first game and get a better feeling of how it's going.

Just my :D