Sign in to follow this  
Massamule

Getting Rudi

My team is in the sig.

Its a 12 team dynasty I have the 1.03, 1.08 and 2.08 rookie picks.

Here is his offer:

Rudi, Simms and Wiggins

for

1.03, Dunn, Branch and Troupe

I asked this question about a week ago and got some good advice. Since then, he doesn't want to do my counter offer for his 1.11, instead he countered w/ the Troupe/Wiggins thing (above). I really don't know about this. Dunn could have one more good year in him (especially if Duckett leaves town) and I might be able to get Norwood at 1.08. I will probably get Maroney if I keep my 1.03 pick. It just seems like I would potentially be missing out on some good rookie talent for basically Rudi (not sold yet on Simms upside).

Is getting Rudi worth it to you?

Here's his team currently:

QB - Hasselbeck, Simms

RB - E James, Holmes, Blaylock, Rudi, Rhodes

WR - Kennison, Engram, Galloway, Jurevicious, Stockley, Wayne

TE - Stevens, Wiggins

He has Holmes and Blaylock on his roster and can operate a computer? :D

Rudy will help you more this very minute than the rookie talent -- so if you are within an inch of honestly competing for the title, live for the moment, screw the dynasty, and get Rudi. If you're looking to the future, let it go ... or try and have the best of both worlds: give him Dunn & Branch/Troupe for Rudi and keep 1.03 for yourself.

try and have the best of both worlds: give him Dunn & Branch/Troupe for Rudi and keep 1.03 for yourself.

I'll definitely try this. But I think his whole intention is to get my 1.03 pick.

I don't know why I'm beating myself up over this. I think I'll probably just turn it down because Rudi just doesn't excite. He's solid as they come, but rarely gets over 100 all purpose yards. And that's pretty important because in our league, RBs don't get points until they break the 100 total yard mark.