[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commishes

theeohiostate

First off, just about every league i or anyone else plays in , has an owner-commish, if not then your playing i a dumbass antsports or cbs league where nothing ever gets approved. Secondly, my rules state that if the commish thinks the trade doesn't benefit each team he must veto. Now if your suggesting that YOU feel this trade is well balanced then i'd say, i'd love to play in your league anytime :D

Give me a break with your moral superiority complex, a rule is a rule PERIOD. For you to JUDGE that the trade is fair is NO DIFFERENT them for me to judge that the trade is not fair. Why do you see it differently?

I suppose in you league a dumb owner could trade LJ,LT,SA,Gate for Morency,Bush and Vernon Davis and you'd say that was fair as well. Sorry but i don't see the fairness and integrity of the league allowing an owner to GIVE away his players for guys that may be on the waiver wire in many leagues....Jacobs and Henry.

I posted this trade before i re read our leagues rules, once i read them , it became perfectly clear that i had the responsiblity to decline a deal i deemed very unfair. You may disagree, but thats you opionon as this was mine.

This thread makes me want to puke...I stopped reading it here. TOS, you sound like a smart guy but this is ridiculous. That rule is the dumbest thing ever. What makes your judgement better than his. Not your power greater, your the commish, but your judgement better.

I'd be proud of the guy making that trade.

And by the way what the hell is a balanced league? This thread is 8 pages, so maybe I going over old stuff.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A "balanced" league is one where TOS percieves that his chance of winning is not any worse than any other team in the league ... otherwise it wouldn't be fair.

A "balanced" league is one where the owners can collude to prevent any single team from becoming stronger than the others.

Isn't the goal of every owner to unbalance a league? One game at a time.

I loved the post about Droughns having 2 and Jacobs having 9 TD's. It should end there.

My fists are clenching....

I could care less if a team is improved, but unlike yourself, i like integrity in my league and in the anything goes leagues you may like, i wouldn't approve of team dumping, sorry to burst your bubble, but i enjoy playing in a competitive league and not have stacked teams.

When a team dumps it's only starters and goes into the season with ZERO starting RB's and Frye as the QB, cause he's just dumped his starting QB and starting RB's, i'd differ with your assessment and say that is an obvious case of a team dumping. Maybe we disagree about this?

No one disagrees the guy is dumping THIS season. The only part of this dead horse I'm interested in is how you think the trade makes the other team "stacked".

How does this prove anything.......You mean in order to fit your perception it HAS to mean this or you'd be incorrect.

I have a different opinon of what it means. I believe that the majoriy are telling me keep up the good work, mate :D

TOS

I am concerned that you came here looking for approval, and now when it hasn't come, you say a majority of your league approves...

I could care less if a team is improved, but unlike yourself, i like integrity in my league and in the anything goes leagues you may like, i wouldn't approve of team dumping, sorry to burst your bubble, but i enjoy playing in a competitive league and not have stacked teams.

I am going to have to assume you know nothing about a keeper league and that you have a different definition of dumping than 95% of the FF players I know. Hassleback and Droughns for top notch albeit unproven talent is NOT dumping.

i will look into this as a serious matter, if proven true i may have to award myself the title. I'll wait and sleep on it and make my ruling in the morning.

See, here is why I still respect you. You have a good sense of humor. Of course I will never be in a league that you commish. :D

You've still to answer my question. Does or doesn't your league have commisioners that review and accept your trades? When you answer yes, face the fact your a hypocrit :D

Your question was not to me, but anyway, I have been the commish of my local since it started. I have made errors let me state that up front. Your error here much as your error was in your other Commish Opinion thread, is that you are injecting more into your role as commish than the rules called for. You stated that you had no choice but to veto this trade. That is nuts. You had the ability to do so and chose to pull a very dangerous trigger. Looking at the facts as you have posted them you are wrong to veto the trade. To be accusing one of your owners of dumping before 3 weeks of the preseason are gone is a first. You changed your opinion earlier after re-reading your rules. I suggest you do so again.

When a team dumps it's only starters and goes into the season with ZERO starting RB's and Frye as the QB, cause he's just dumped his starting QB and starting RB's, i'd differ with your assessment and say that is an obvious case of a team dumping. Maybe we disagree about this?

If that starting QB is named Peyton Manning and the runningbacks are named Shaun Alexander and Rudi Johnson, ok.......he is dumping. He wasnt, and again, if you look at the other side...I just dont want to be the guy who says...John's gonna win now since he just got Bob to dump MATT HASSLEBACK AND REUBEN DROUGHNS!!!!!!!! You made the wrong move.

I knew this thread had potential when i started it.

:D

There is that humor again. :D

Maybe a majority of your league doesn't understand the definition of a keeper league.

and again...thanks Ralph :D

I stopped reading it here. TOS, you sound like a smart guy but this is ridiculous. That rule is the dumbest thing ever. What makes your judgement better than his. Not your power greater, your the commish, but your judgement better.

Now we're getting somewhere :D

TOS, as an 11 year owner-commish who works hard to make his league fair to everybody, I absolutley think you overstepped your bounds here. So the guy recognizes his team will bite this year, and wants to invest in his future team. Big deal. The other owner would like to win NOW, and is giving up his future to accomplish this. Every other owner in that league should be allowed to make the same trade if they choose. Those prospects might bottom out, and then he ends up with nothing. You don't know, but let him take the chance.

Maybe you are worrying about your own chances of winnign if this trade works out?

+2

Too early for "collusion". The season hasn't started. :D

I hate Leagues where the commish has to allow anything! One is playing for now, the other the future! Is this dynasty, keeper? Either way, don't meddle in how teams operate! :D

After all, "Stupid is as stupid does"! Let your stupid be stupid brah! They're fun to laugh at! :D

+3. "The balance of the league" has been used by one of our ex-commissioners in our local as the reason for him wanting to veto a trade. Screw that! I'm glad you have the "league vote" rule. If you're the only one with any sense in your league you should be counting the money at the end of the season. If not, let the morans do as they wish. Collusion (or offering sex) is the only reason I would think about nixing a trade. "Stupid is as stupid does." :D Would make a good tattoo.

GL.

TOS, as an 11 year owner-commish who works hard to make his league fair to everybody, I absolutley think you overstepped your bounds here. So the guy recognizes his team will bite this year, and wants to invest in his future team. Big deal. The other owner would like to win NOW, and is giving up his future to accomplish this. Every other owner in that league should be allowed to make the same trade if they choose. Those prospects might bottom out, and then he ends up with nothing. You don't know, but let him take the chance.

Maybe you are worrying about your own chances of winnign if this trade works out?

Give me a break with that chit! Now you spat off your own opinon and then try to throw me under the bus as a cheat, gimmie a F'ing break. I think there are plenty around here that know very well, i'm honest. I certainly don't mind my opinon being question, but to suggest an alterior motive like cheating is overstepping the topic, don't you think?

....and if most of you uninformed idiots would simply read my rules, they are VERY CLEAR!!! Do you see that VERY CLEAR, if I , YES I , don't see that trade BENEFITING both teams, then I , yes I can veto and send to a vote. I'm assuming with these responses, most of you would prefer i LIE about my view and let the trade go through. Now that's the way to run a league i'll tellyou, just avoid the rules altogether and play nice. :D

Edited by theeohiostate

have you ever SEEN collusion before out of curiosity, or is that a judgement call :D

OK! :D

1 I have told you that I think, according to your league rules, you are justified in doing what you did. Though without your evaluation as to why, I disagree with it! :D

2 Collusion is NOT a judgement call :D and almost impossible to prove. Even a Manning / LT for Tuiososopo/Hagen trade going into the playoffs stacking a team for a run is nothing more than a stacked and stupid trade without proof of anything else.

I can't believe I have to do this every year! :D

col·lu·sion (kə-lū'zhən) n.

A secret agreement between two or more parties for a fraudulent, illegal, or deceitful purpose.

There also has to be "gain". The "gainful act" wouldn't be completed until an exchage of some value, specifically proven to be related to the suspected act of "collusion" until the exchange happens. Now unless you have access to bank records or see both owners show up for "their" winnings and one guy gives the other half, you ain't gonna ever prove this part.

Unless you see an exchange of money and get an NSA wire tap, you ain't EVER gonna prove this in a Fantasy Football League.

Looking at the trades, in a keeper league, you can't call this "collusion"

I know you don't feel compelled to do this because you have been asked many times to state the reasons behind your thinking! You keep saying you don't have to "Prove" yourself, but it would go a long way to ending this discussion if you would "evaluate" the reasons behind your decision.

What, the only trade you wouldn't veto is LT for SA? :D

Otherwise, I agree with Grits. It is ten teams "colluding" against the other two for self-improvement.

Edited by McBoog

Give me a break with that chit! Now you spat off your own opinon and then try to throw me under the bus as a cheat, gimmie a F'ing break. I think there are plenty around here that know very well, i'm honest. I certainly don't mind my opinon being question, but to suggest an alterior motive like cheating is overstepping the topic, don't you think?

....and if most of you uninformed idiots would simply read my rules, they are VERY CLEAR!!! Do you see that VERY CLEAR, if I , YES I , don't see that trade BENEFITING both teams, then I , yes I can veto and send to a vote. I'm assuming with these responses, most of you would prefer i LIE about my view and let the trade go through. Now that's the way to run a league i'll tellyou, just avoid the rules altogether and play nice. :D

Yes sir I see that, but you have said here that you had NO choice that it was something that you MUST do.

I have not picked on your honesty but your opinion. You did NOT have to do this regardless of your belief that the guy is nuts. That is pretty simple. And it is why I say your action was wrong.

But Im sure you are a swell guy :D

Yes sir I see that, but you have said here that you had NO choice that it was something that you MUST do.

I have not picked on your honesty but your opinion. You did NOT have to do this regardless of your belief that the guy is nuts. That is pretty simple. And it is why I say your action was wrong.

But Im sure you are a swell guy :D

That's where we really disagree, i read my rules as such: If the commish feels the trade benefits both team it will be approved, if not the trade will be vetoed and sent to a vote.

Now to me i have to ask myself this question, "Does it appear to benefit both teams?" Now my answer is a simple NO, at this point am i to lie to myself and the other league members by approving a trade i know i feel doesn't benefit both teams?

Some of you are suggesting that is exactly what i must do, regardless of my opinon or if you think the trade is fair or not, the entire point is I DO NOT. So are we suggesting that i circumvent the system?

I have no problem accepting this rule is flawed and needs to be re-written to take out the guessing game, but that is not a problem for me in my decision, i read the rule, asked the question, answered the question honesty to myself and did what was called for me to do by our system.

I suppose that if i were a liar, instead of someone that had a different opinon then some of you, that'd be okay :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Uniformed idiots, huh? You started a thread asking our opinions, yet clearly do not enjoy the level of disagreement you are reading in response.

An why not suggest an alterior motive? You seem to be going out of your way from stopping one owner from trying to win NOW, and anothe rowner from winning LATER, in a keeper league whose whole purpose is to try to build a lasting team in the future to keep an owner interested who is not winnign in the current season. I stand by my statement, regardless of you beingt an honest guy.

The rule is NOT clear cut, it's very vague. It CLEARLY says you can decide what YOU think is fair and unfair. If you want a clear cut rule on the subject, develop a system of points as to what a player's stats are equivilent in a trade, similar to what the NFL does. Until then, you are deciding to stop a trade that is only lopsided in your opinion, not to the team that sees those guys as a better chance to make his team a champion in 2006 and not to the owner who sees it as a chance to be champion in 2008.

If you would just draft everybody's team for them, do all the trading yourself and submit all the lineups you could ensure the league remained fair and balanced at all times.

Suggestion noted :D

Now i realize you commish a few league like this, so how exactly does the playoff system work and is this how you've won so many titles over the years.

Great stuff here. I could mount up a hugh collection of trophies in these leagues.

how does this trade not benefit botH teams?The Guy getting Hass is helped this year.The guy getting Maroney and Norwood gets helped next year and the year after....how can you honestly not see that?!?!?!it is VERY CLEAR!!

The rule is NOT clear cut, it's very vague. It CLEARLY says you can decide what YOU think is fair and unfair. If you want a clear cut rule on the subject, develop a system of points as to what a player's stats are equivilent in a trade, similar to what the NFL does. Until then, you are deciding to stop a trade that is only lopsided in your opinion, not to the team that sees those guys as a better chance to make his team a champion in 2006 and not to the owner who sees it as a chance to be champion in 2008.

Okay then now that we understand it together, here's my ruling. I DON'T THINK THE TRADE IS FAIR :D

That's my opinon, what's yours............ah!! I see, because your opinon differs from mine, you MUST be right :D

If you would just draft everybody's team for them, do all the trading yourself and submit all the lineups you could ensure the league remained fair and balanced at all times.

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! :D

Brutal Grits... Brutal! :D

Since I can't get an answer to my question, now changing my thread status to:

----------------------------------------:D-------------------------------------------