[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

For all those worried about Chris Perry and Rudi

The Irish Doggy

From Bengals.com:

Perry, battling the rehab of offseason arthroscopic surgeries for his ankle and knee, likely won’t play in the preseason, Lewis said, and if he doesn’t play in the preseason he won’t play in the Sept. 10 opener in Kansas City. Lewis also said Perry is a candidate to start the season on the physically unable to perform list (PUP) and be out for the first six weeks.

Perry said after practice Sunday that he felt like his knee and ankle were in worse shape than the team thought during the offseason and that he went ahead and got the surgeries after getting a second opinion.

Rudi's value skyrockets - especially when you couple this with the fact that IF Palmer plays, he needs a strong run game to keep the heat off. If he doesn't they need Rudi even more.

from the dayton daily news. if perry goes on the PUP/reserve list, he will miss the first 6 weeks of the season.

CINCINNATI - Tailback Chris Perry blasted the Bengals' medical staff on Sunday, saying the severity of his knee injury was misdiagnosed and he wished he'd had arthroscopic surgery earlier than April 28. Later on, Perry underwent surgery to have his ankle cleaned out.

Perry said he insisted on a second medical opinion regarding his knee when he continued to feel soreness during offseason workouts.

"I came in here and got an MRI, and they said everything was fine with the knee," Perry said. "I kept on working out, and it kept on hurting. I had to get something done to it. The second opinion confirmed what I thought - that it was more than what they were saying.

"If they would have told me about (needing surgery) in February, it would have happened in February. I knew it was hurt, but to the extent that it was, I had no clue. So then I went and got a second opinion and found out how hurt I really was."

Perry is currently on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP)/active list, meaning he can't practice until he passes the team's physical exam.

If he goes on the PUP/reserve list, he'll miss the first six weeks of the regular season.

How frustrating is it?

"It's like having a lottery ticket and having every number except the last one," Perry said.

Rudi isn't gonna score any more TDs due to Perry being out (IMO), at least not significantly more. (He may carry an additionaly load due to Palmers injury, not to Perry's)

Rudi is only a two down back, and will still be out of 3rd down plats. Perry being hurt just means Kenny Watson will be the 3rd down back. Watson is very serviceable, but is not nearly the threat of a healthy Perry. Chris Perry is why the Bengals don't need a tight end. If it's true about mis-diagnosing his injurty, that really does suck, for Perry and the Bengals