[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portis At number Ten

Ok guys, I think many will stay away from portis and he may be there when I pick at ten. Do I grab him, or do I go with a safer pick. I had plan to Pick a RB at 10, and then follow up with WR stud at 11. I think If I was to grab him at ten, I may follow up with a RB instead of WR. to Protect from a possible week one injury with ports??

Any thoughts???

I would take a shot at Portis if he is at 10.

I think too many people have Edge ranked too high now. I think he slips below Brown and Jackson IMO.

The Cards are having O-line issues, Edge hasn't performed well thus far and the Cards are a pass first team. When you have Boldin and Fitz, you'll always look for the pass first.

Jackson is slated for a monster year, with tons of work and Brown is also slated for a great year.

If Portis is gone then you have to grab McGahee, another work horse.

I wouldn't fault you for taking him there...just make sure you back him up w/ Betts.

Are you sure Betts is a safe pick? Does the Redskins looking to acquire TJ Duckett say something about his injury? I personally wouldn't touch Portis. I think his shoulder is more serious than the team wants people to believe..

gotta go RB-RB in a ten team league, there will be plenty of good WRs left by the time you pick again.

In the past my game plan has always been rb,rb, but this year I dont know...I guess I will have to see how things play out in our draft. In our league we give points for recptions, that is what is makin me inclined to grab a number one WR at pick 11...Dont know what WR of recpeption grabin WR would be there around pick 30...A lot of number two's I guess, and that almost got me last year. Thank god for a backfield of Johnson/Alexander

Edited by footballjason

NFL Network's Adam Schefter interviewed Redskins RB Clinton Portis at the Pro Bowler's home last Saturday. Most of the 5-minute chat was wasted with Portis' obtuse criticism of exhibition football. Fantasy GMs don't have time to debate that stuff right now. Then Schefter got to the point, asking him about the shoulder. "I had X-rays at the team facility (when it happened)," said Portis. "I didn't need an X-ray to see something was wrong with me. I hope I'm ready (for the opener). I really hope so. I'm not gonna rush back if I'm not healthy, with the scare of it coming back out (the dislocated shoulder). I'm not a doctor, I don't know what all this stuff is." Portis, who was wearing a black sling, was obviously not in good spirits and his body language suggested he knew more than he was telling.

Posted on Aug 22, 2006 - 2:15 PM

This was posted on another fantasy site just a little bit ago. I'm gonna agree with one of the previous posters on this thread and stay the hell away from Portis this year. That shoulder is probably gonna bother him all year. All it's gonna take is one good lick from a LB or DB to reaggravate it. There's nothing more frusrating than having a RB listed as questionable every other week. I had Dom Davis last year so I know exactly how this feels. Let someone else take the chance on Portis.