[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gates / Wayne

ROCKNE

I have Gates and I am thinking of offering Gates & McCardell for Wayne and Heap. I am weak at WR (although Gates offsets that some). Would this be a good trade for me or should I stay pat?

Here's my team:

QB - Eli Manning

Phillip Rivers

RB - Ronnie Brown

Chester Taylor

Dominic Rhodes

Marion Barber

Mike Bell

Brandon Jacobs

WR – Steve Smith

Reggie brown

Keenan McCardell

Reche Caldwell

Corey Bradford

TE – Antonio Gates

K- Adam Viniatieri

If Im the other owner, there is no way I do that with you.

I would not want McCardell and Gates being how they are both from the same team with an unproven QB.

No doubt Gates is the best, but Brees made him that way. We don't know if Rivers can keep those stats for Gates.

As for McCardell, well I wouldn't even draft him.

Heap is is not far off from Gates and Wayne will possibly out produce both of them.

Good Luck

I have Gates and I am thinking of offering Gates & McCardell for Wayne and Heap. I am weak at WR (although Gates offsets that some). Would this be a good trade for me or should I stay pat?

Here's my team:

QB - Eli Manning

Phillip Rivers

RB - Ronnie Brown

Chester Taylor

Dominic Rhodes

Marion Barber

Mike Bell

Brandon Jacobs

WR – Steve Smith

Reggie brown

Keenan McCardell

Reche Caldwell

Corey Bradford

TE – Antonio Gates

K- Adam Viniatieri

I would do it in a heartbeat! Just dont think that the other guy will accept it.

"No doubt Gates is the best, but Brees made him that way."

Are u on crack ! Brees didnt make him anything . He is an amazing talent and Brees has had 1 good year( and it was really just so-so). That being said Make the deal if u can.

So you're saying the Quarterback doesn't make the receiver anything? Who does the TE and WR rely on to throw the ball?

Get real

The loss of Brees is a big impact on Gates.

Im not saying Gates is not a good TE, Im just saying I don't know if Rivers can deliver.

Take another example. If it weren't for Culepepper rocketing the ball down field Moss would not be known as a great receiver. There are few QB's that can feed a Receiver like Moss, or owens or gates.

But last time I looked, they don't do it by themselves.

"No doubt Gates is the best, but Brees made him that way."

Are u on crack ! Brees didnt make him anything . He is an amazing talent and Brees has had 1 good year( and it was really just so-so). That being said Make the deal if u can.

Another thing, you're telling the poster to make the deal but you're saying Gates is an amazing talent. With that being said why would you suggest he trade away gates?

he is giving up gates for heap

and the other part of that post is that he gets Wayne.

I would take Wayne any day of the week over McCardell and Gates combined.

Wayne should have 10-15 TD's this year, will Gates? Maybe.

Heap is also a good talented TE with a Good QB. The combo of the package is worth the deal, I just don't think the other team will go for it.