[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Jones done for the year

Wolv

Pearman and Drew are about the same size - short and underweight compared to the prototypical height and weights.

Toefield is closer to the prototype, but hasn't been very impressive when he plays IMO.

I think Jacksonville better pray Fragile stays healthy.

Not so fast???

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...g_4681141.shtml

Jack thinks he'll be back for opener.

"The really good news considering what it could have been, both Peterson and Jones sprained MCLs [medial collateral ligaments], and the thought is they should be back sometime [during] Dallas week," Del Rio said.

Although it was a good development for the Jaguars that Peterson and Jones didn't suffer season-ending injuries, there isn't any guarantee that they will be back for the Sunday, Sept. 10 regular-season opener against the Dallas Cowboys because it's difficult to tell how fast a sprained ligament will heal.

I believe that story is from before the MRI revealed a tear.

He suffered the injury Saturday night against Tampa Bay, and the Jaguars first reported it was a sprained MCL and he might be back for the season opener. But an MRI revealed it was actually a torn ACL on his left knee that will require surgery.
Edited by Savage Beatings

Not so fast???

Jack thinks he'll be back for opener.

"The really good news considering what it could have been, both Peterson and Jones sprained MCLs [medial collateral ligaments], and the thought is they should be back sometime [during] Dallas week," Del Rio said.

Although it was a good development for the Jaguars that Peterson and Jones didn't suffer season-ending injuries, there isn't any guarantee that they will be back for the Sunday, Sept. 10 regular-season opener against the Dallas Cowboys because it's difficult to tell how fast a sprained ligament will heal.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stor...g_4681141.shtml

Although that article is dated as todays paper, those comments from Del Rio are from immeadiately after the game Saturday. The swelling in his knee probably gave a bad reading on that initial MRI. One reason they always do another MRI after the swelling has gone down.

rotoworld's take: Maurice Drew sees an uptick in fantasy value following Greg Jones' season-ending injury.

Both Alvin Pearman and LaBrandon Toefield should make the team and will compete for carries. Still, the Jaguars didn't draft Drew in the second round to sit. He'll play on third downs and would be the favorite to start when and if Fred Taylor gets hurt. He's worth owning now, but don't expect Drew to be a workhouse at any point as a rookie

Where does Fragile Freddy get drafted now? Being that you would just have to worry about hancuffing him versus having a guy like G Jones stealing carries especially goal line.

Call me crazy, :D but I think that Fred may be a good sleeper this year. I think he will finally stay healthy for once. I know, I know... :D:D

Edited by BigTen

Where does Fragile Freddy get drafted now? Being that you would just have to worry about hancuffing him versus having a guy like G Jones stealing carries especially goal line.

Greg Jones was sure to get a lot of playing time this season. With him out of the picture, I think it bumps all other Jacksonville RB's up slightly.

Call me crazy, :D but I think that Fred may be a good sleeper this year. I think he will finally stay healthy for once. I know, I know... :D:D

If G Jones is out for the year, that's huge for Fantasy owners as Jones would be stealing goal line and other carries from Freddy T. However, I think now Taylor shoulders the load until he gets hurt and in that case you just need his Backup. This becomes an ideal situation as Taylor will still be undervalued in drafts and you could probably get him as your 4th back and then just handcuff him.

Edited by irish

This really shafts the Jags. Taylor is going to be injured this year, he's crested the 30 years old mark and was never durable in the first place plus the team wouldn't even admit he was the starter until recently. Jones was looking great this year and was slated for significant play this year and could have been a great hold for when Taylor went down. Now with Jones out of the equation, there is no one similar to him on the roster.

Toefield is nothing special. Maurice Drew is interesting though obviously undersized. Very unfortunate for Jones and the Jaguars and if this means that Taylor gets more work, it won't do much for his durability issues.