[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaDainian Tomlinson

MERLINS

I got in this heated discussion with a couple friends, er, fellow owners about this. I was saying how it seems that LT gets his points early in games and many times is sidelined by mid 3rd quarter. Am I way off here? I am not saying that he gets hurt, for whatever reason, he does not play in the 4th quarter in many games. Is there any way to get info on this?

I want to set the record straight with these guys.....

Thankz.

I'm no SD homer but I've seen quite a few of their games and I can't recall him getting benched mid-3rd quarter. Now, he did have a nagging injury, I believe hamstring one year and a rib injury another, so he was usually taken out so that may be where you're getting your info from.

You're not way off but your info is slightly off because it may be based on an injury.

Edited by twiley

"How often does he DNF"

I fear this will not end well...

In any case, yes, you can get those types of numbers on Tomlinson. They are called splits.

2002 splits

2003 splits

2004 splits

2005 splits

Not sure why you'd want them for FF purposes, though. Do you start different lineups in the 1st half & the 2nd half of games?

You feel this way because he has had a lot of DNF games at the end of the last two seasons, much to the chagrin of LT owners who then had to watch Turner pop off 50+ yard TD runs. With a lingering groin injury in 2004 and his bruised/cracked rib problem in 2005, he frequently spent the last quarter, or at least the better part of it, off the field. In the beginning of the season, when he is healthy, he tends to finish any game that is not a blowout win for SD.