airmcnair8888

Larry Johnson

I chose Larry first overall in our Fantasy Draft.

But with the losses of Williw Roaf, Richardson, and their O-Coordinater (or whoever offensive coach they lost), im starting to feel a little shaky about how hes gonna do.

I was just watching the Best Damn Sports Show Period and Glazer picked him as most dissapointing player this season... and then Tim Brown and Eddie George agreed...

I know its only a few ppl.. but it gets me thinking

Here's my question.. Should I try to trade him to get like an Alexander or Tomlinson or someone else?

Thanks,

Chris

He played really well without Roaf last year. I am more concerned with the lost of Richardson.

Quite frankly I don't understand why you didnt pick Alexander with your 1st round pick instead.

I seriously doubt that someone will trade SA or LT...

He's gonna have a great year. Johnson is a beast.. so I don't think you should worry about it.

Edited by magagnon

Yea I should've taking Alexander prob... But even Reggie Bush says LJ is ranked #1 all over ESPN... lol

I guess my question to you is, why select a player and then read stories and do the research on him. You are supposed to do that first. People have been talkin for months about LJ and his "lack of HOF lineman, lack of fullback, lack of full season experience and new coaches". Where have you been??

that might of just made my sig, if it will fit

and i dont think you have anything to worry about he should be top 5 at least, barring any injury

eddie would know a thing or two about putting up a bust FF season

No i mean ive heard it all but LJ was just such a monster last season that i had to go with him... im just second guessing myself now

eddie would know a thing or two about putting up a bust FF season

I just spit coffee on my monitor... :D

No i mean ive heard it all but LJ was just such a monster last season that i had to go with him... im just second guessing myself now

yes you are...............now trade him to me!!

I drafted LJ with the 1st pick also and now you got me 2nd guessing the pick!! Didn't even take into account Richardson was no longer the fullback (master Blocker)..... But LJ just punishes people AND he catches way more then S.A... LT2 will struggle this year against 8-9 in the box as they make Rivers beat them first..

OK, I just talked myself into the fact I drafted the best of the top 3!! A FULL year of LJ is going to be what leads us to the TITLE Air8888.. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

But with the losses of Williw Roaf, Richardson, and their O-Coordinater (or whoever offensive coach they lost), im starting to feel a little shaky about how hes gonna do.

I was just watching the Best Damn Sports Show Period and Glazer picked him as most dissapointing player this season... and then Tim Brown and Eddie George agreed...

Here's my question.. Should I try to trade him to get like an Alexander or Tomlinson or someone else?

Thanks,

Chris

Airmcnair8888, there are topics on many of the questions you are asking already. Please try looking through the board before reposting questions. There is a search function, if you are looking for specific things and don't wish to browse. PM any regular (look for 'huddler MVP' in their user desription next to their posts) for help! :D

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Larry Johnson will not be a bust.

Homer alert!

Personally, I'd rank the top three like this:

1) Tomlinson

2) Alexander

3) L.J.

Just my opinion, but even so, a "bust" for L.J. will be putting up only 10-12 TD's and about 1,000 yards. He'll still be a solid RB, but I just don't have the confidence in him yet to put him at the #1 spot. L.T. and Alexander have been two of the most consistent RB's in the last five years for any RB ever. You almost can't go wrong with either of them, unless of course they get injured. But you can't really predict that.

Yea I should've taking Alexander prob... But even Reggie Bush says LJ is ranked #1 all over ESPN... lol

lol :D

This year LT will be the #1 fantasy back. I have little doubt in my mind and if there is anyone I don't want to play against in my division it's him.

I agree. You have to take LJ in the 1st 3 until he proves otherwise, but the loss of Roaf and the high ankle sprain to Will Shields, and the new system don;t bode well for the Beast. Unless LT or SA fall to #3, I wouldn;t want picks 3-9 this year. My surprise upside RB is Ronnie Brown, but even he has questions. No one is a sure thing this year. My strategy was to grab 1 stud RB, then 2 consistent stud WRs, grab my TE and surprisingly, Chicago's defense (b/c our Def/ST points are freakish) and then load up on as many backup RBs as possible.

I went through hell with the #1 pick for a week. LJ, LT, Shaun, Oh My! There is a case for each one. I drafted LT and the first 5 people I talked to thought it was a great pick. Then I talked to my buddy(who won his league the last 2 out of 3 years) and he called me a moron for not picking LJ. So I was sweating. Then another buddy was all over SA.

I say keep him. You picked him for a reason. Stick with it, its a crapshoot anyways.

1. LT has the hardest playoff schedule for FF and an injury and terrible performance in lat years playoffs.

2. SA has an easy playoff schedule but lost half his line and just signed a contract.

3. LJ has never done a full 16 and lost a lineman and a coach.

There are also equally good arguments for all of them too, just be happy you didn't have pick 4 and start working on the rest of your roster.

I picked number 2 in my draft last week. SA went first, I took LJ, ofcourse LT went 3rd. Bottom line is, you can't go wrong with any one of these guys.

There's pros and cons for each of them, but I'm keeping him and you do the same.

Thanks,

Chris

YES! But at this point, getting either of those players might cause a red flag for them and may want more than even up.

I would maybe try for a solid tier 2 RB AND a #1 WR to go along with the rest of your team if LT and SA are not options.

I would consider a player like McGahee and another blue chipper, for example. Maybe Gates and a starting RB.

A couple of months ago my rankings were LJ, LT, SA in that order.

Now its SA, LT, LJ.

Wacky, eh?

One of the big 3 will bust. Probability virtually guarentees it. But who it is, no one knows.