[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre on Driver

PaulOttCarruth

Q: "Donald Driver continues to be your go to guy. What's it take for a quaterback to get that relationship going with a second or third WR or a TE? And is it asking too much to have more then one go-to-guy?"

Favre: "Well, the 4th and 10 play I guess is a good way to explain it. He (Driver) obviously had a crossing route and I threw it over a defender. By read, I had the 2 outside guys on hook routes. If you look at it on film, both guys were open. Donald was probably the most covered. Against Atlanta, he did a crossing route and when I throw the ball IS covered. In fact, when I throw it..it looks like Im throwing it to the defender but then Donald comes around and makes the catch. And Im sure the defender is like "where did that come from?" But you know thats a route for example that I trust him on and I know that's what he does (makes the catch). And with Greg (Jennings), even with Fergie, and Rod Gardner and some of those other guys you know I really dont know what they do that well. Um, is there one particular thing they do better then the next? I feel comfortable with Donald in certain situations and just you know when I look at the film Im like 'I could have gone outside on these hook routes and a guy's wide open'. But yet I took Donald. And there's that trust factor. And you just have to kinda build that with guys and you have to find a play that some guys come across the middle and there a little tentative catching the ball and it may take a couple times before you figure that out. But maybe there great on out routes or go routes. So, in the meantime I'll just keep going to Donald. I mean he a tough joker now. People can say what they want about him. (They say) He's not a featured #1 guy and all this stuff. Once again, he's MY featured #1 and he'll bounce off of them and he's tough and fearless and just goes about his way. He has a certain way and he let's them (media?) say he's not this and he's not that but you have to build that trust and he has.

We have guys that are as talented, probably more talented (then him). But once again, that alone doesnt get it done. He has certain intangibles that others dont or havent found yet I guess."

I put Driver at the top of the second tier, maybe just behind Wayne. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he outproduces guys in the first tier like Moss or even Fitzgerald. :D

This is all well & good, and I will move Driver up on my list a bit after reading this, HOWEVER, the Packers are going to suck this year - they may be one of the worst teams in the NFL. So theres that to take into account as well.

Edited by Controller

This is all well & good, and I will move Driver up on my list a bit after reading this, HOWEVER, the Packers are going to suck this year - they may be one of the worst teams in the NFL. So theres that to take into account as well.

I don't agree. Last year they lost 6 games by an average of 3 points per and were without their top 3 RB's and 2 of 3 WR's for much of the year. You wouldn't know it by last week but the week before they looked great. They are better than that.

Last year river was double and triple teamed. This year with Jennings, n improving line and runnings backs they will be better.

The Titans or Jets should be worse. Or the Niners.

If they are behind in a lot of games that means fantasy points.

WRs on teams with bad D are worth a bump because they're going to be behind a lot and throw to catch up.

I don't agree. Last year they lost 6 games by an average of 3 points per and were without their top 3 RB's and 2 of 3 WR's for much of the year. You wouldn't know it by last week but the week before they looked great. They are better than that.

Last year river was double and triple teamed. This year with Jennings, n improving line and runnings backs they will be better.

Still, I have to say the miserable performances in two of three preseason games is troubling. If they are very good again tomorrow, I think it's fair to attribute the inconsistency to youth and hope that they gel after what will probably be a rough early season.

Still, I have to say the miserable performances in two of three preseason games is troubling. If they are very good again tomorrow, I think it's fair to attribute the inconsistency to youth and hope that they gel after what will probably be a rough early season.

All true but if they don't DD should still be okay because that would just mean a lot of throwing from behind.

I hope he locks in on Driver and ignores the rest of the team. I picked him over Roy Williams. Kitna was looking terrible in the preseason, it is a new system in Detriot, and I don't think the Packers will have any sort of running game. That is why I picked Driver over R. Williams. But I just can't shake the feeling that I made the wrong choice. :D

Edited by blips